Where is the anger?

Old Sep 21st 2021, 8:19 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where is the anger?

Originally Posted by tht
I have not lived in Dublin for over 10 years now… but I feel for you. I had to take a Aer Lingus flight once because I could only get a EWR-SNN last minute, that was a 30-40 min flight, can’t imagine what ist like if you have to take it all the way over the Atlantic…

Usually, things have gone smoothly with them for me and the flights have been good and on time. But the bot is worse than useless, whoever did its programming should be shot, and then you have to call customer service and can be on hold for 30 - 40 minutes and get different answers each time. When things go wrong or get complicated, they don't have a lot in reserve and it gets very difficult.

But don't ever, ever eat something called a "breakfast burrito" on the transatlantic leg.
Old Sep 21st 2021, 9:09 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

The comment section in the Canadian media articles on the US extending the land closure is stirring up anger, doubly in the article with the big headline about US plans to open to some EU travelers or something like that.

If these irate Canadian's paid any attention, they could fly into the US pretty much anytime during this pandemic, but can't fly to get to Costco for cheese and butter, and people getting testy without their Tilamook cheese.
Old Sep 21st 2021, 9:17 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karenkaren1
geez, this is actually funny. plagiarism lol. calm down people, yes I copied and pasted what u thought was interesting and relevant to the thread (before the big announcement!). never claimed it as my own words but really... lol
But you didn't simply copy and paste it, you actively changed some of the words to make it sound like you. A simple copy and paste, even without reference to a source, would have made it clear they were not your words.

of course not. I was referring to the fact that someone actually went to the effort of doing some research on me. quite flattered really.
Don't flatter yourself. Nobody did research on you, someone asked where you got the information from and I googled a section of the words and discovered their previous use. It's not rocket science.

Are you worth researching?
Old Sep 22nd 2021, 12:44 am
BE Enthusiast

karenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=BristolUK;13054092]But you didn't simply copy and paste it, you actively changed some of the words to make it sound like you. A simple copy and paste, even without reference to a source, would have made it clear they were not your words.

are you kidding me? you actually think I care enough or it would even occur to me to change any words but leave in that "one British official told me...."
I copied and pasted from an email sent to me that I thought was useful and positive info. I didn't copy and past it from the BBC thats for sure and this wouldn't have even been possible as the announcement hadn't publicly been made yet. It sure is amusing tho what people get themselves worked up over. wonder how long we can drag out this absurd conversation...
Only a bunch of miserable brits can get amazing news about borders opening but they choose to bitch about where I got my (accurate)info. You really couldn't make it up.

Last edited by karenkaren1; Sep 22nd 2021 at 1:01 am. Reason: typed to quick and made typos
Old Sep 22nd 2021, 1:42 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

The travel ban for people living in the UK and EU, that was introduced last March by Donald Trump, is finally going to be relaxed.

An announcement is expected later today from the US administration.

It looks as though those who can demonstrate they have been double-vaccinated will from November be allowed to enter the US.

One British official told me the decision had come completely out of the blue. Prime Minister Boris Johnson had been planning to raise it tomorrow in his meeting at the White House with the president, but with little hope of making progress.

Though details have not been given, it is thought that the relaxation of the rules will come in time for people to travel over Thanksgiving.

This has been something that had been demanded by the travel industry – but more importantly for the thousands of families who’ve been unable to see loved ones for 18 months as a result of the restrictions introduced at the height of the pandemic.
I copied and pasted from an email sent to me that I thought was useful and positive info. I didn't copy and past it from the BBC thats for sure and this wouldn't have even been possible as the announcement hadn't publicly been made yet.
I wish you hadn't said that. Facts have been so poorly treated recently that I feel obliged to stand up for them. Unless Jon Sopel is your dad.

Posted by Jon Sopel at 9:13am yesterday, 5 minutes before you pasted it here. However, I'm sure we'll all survive.

"US to lift travel ban for vaccinated UK and EU travellers

Jon Sopel

BBC North America Editor

The travel ban for people living in the UK and EU, that was introduced last March by Donald Trump, is finally going to be relaxed.

It looks as though those who can demonstrate they have been double-vaccinated will, from November, be allowed to enter the US.

One British official told me the decision had come completely out of the blue. Prime Minister Boris Johnson had been planning to raise it tomorrow in his meeting at the White House with the president, but with little hope of making progress.

Though details have not been given, it is thought that the relaxation of the rules will come in time for people to travel over Thanksgiving.

This has been something that had been demanded by the travel industry – but more importantly for the thousands of families who’ve been unable to see loved ones for 18 months as a result of the restrictions introduced at the height of the pandemic."
Old Sep 22nd 2021, 1:50 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
I wish you hadn't said that. Facts have been so poorly treated recently that I feel obliged to stand up for them.

Old Sep 22nd 2021, 2:17 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder if we will ever get to a point where AI will want credit for the writing it does? Came to mind as you can pay websites to have AI write you short articles on topics, so I guess since you paid for the service you can take credit for it?

Guess that is kind of how ghost writing works?

And golly by George if you can spent the time to copy and paste an article or part of it, it only takes one extra click and like 10 seconds max to copy and paste the link at the same time.

Old Sep 22nd 2021, 2:18 am
BE Enthusiast

karenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
I wish you hadn't said that. Facts have been so poorly treated recently that I feel obliged to stand up for them. Unless Jon Sopel is your dad.

Posted by Jon Sopel at 9:13am yesterday, 5 minutes before you pasted it here. However, I'm sure we'll all survive.

"US to lift travel ban for vaccinated UK and EU travellers

Jon Sopel

BBC North America Editor

It looks as though those who can demonstrate they have been double-vaccinated will, from November, be allowed to enter the US.

This has been something that had been demanded by the travel industry – but more importantly for the thousands of families who’ve been unable to see loved ones for 18 months as a result of the restrictions introduced at the height of the pandemic."
well I certainly have never heard of John Sopol nor did I see this article. This is the gift that keeps on giving and I am in an exceptionally good mood, so many of my friends and family xmas'ing in Florida this year. happy days
Old Sep 22nd 2021, 2:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Talking Re: Where is the anger?

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
I wonder if we will ever get to a point where AI will want credit for the writing it does? Came to mind as you can pay websites to have AI write you short articles on topics, so I guess since you paid for the service you can take credit for it?

Guess that is kind of how ghost writing works?

And golly by George if you can spent the time to copy and paste an article or part of it, it only takes one extra click and like 10 seconds max to copy and paste the link at the same time.
credit from a bunch of anonymous strangers?!.... relax, I was just passing on some relevant good news.There was no link, I got emailed the info. there is some serious overthinking and overanalyzing going on here. I will be sure to add a disclaimer in the unlikely event that I ever copy and paste any info in the future to prevent confusion/anger/bitching/pettiness/plagerism-policing. I think we have really exhausted this topic now
Old Sep 22nd 2021, 3:35 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

well I certainly have never heard of John Sopol nor did I see this article. This is the gift that keeps on giving and I am in an exceptionally good mood, so many of my friends and family xmas'ing in Florida this year. happy days
Oh please! Just be a grown up and put your hand up to cutting and pasting without a link. Stop doubling down and making yourself look like a complete tool.
Old Sep 22nd 2021, 5:49 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

well I certainly have never heard of John Sopol nor did I see this article.
The man is a broadcasting legend.

Your post came after it was already across news networks, your family member seems to have just copied Jon Sopel’s post, that’s all. And I’m guessing they didn’t tell you it was somebody else’s words from the internet, so not really your fault if you thought it was from them. No harm done.

Old Sep 22nd 2021, 3:29 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

are you kidding me? you actually think I care enough ...
That's just it. It seems you don't care for much.
Old Sep 22nd 2021, 4:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
The man is a broadcasting legend.

Your post came after it was already across news networks, your family member seems to have just copied Jon Sopel’s post, that’s all. And I’m guessing they didn’t tell you it was somebody else’s words from the internet, so not really your fault if you thought it was from them. No harm done.
lol we are still discussing this? my dad passed on some good news, I shared it on this thread. no-one pretended to take the credit for writing it - pretty obvious to me really that it is just info that is being circulated however you lot can go round in circles day after day after day.... its all good.
Old Sep 22nd 2021, 4:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Talking Re: Where is the anger?

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Oh please! Just be a grown up and put your hand up to cutting and pasting without a link. Stop doubling down and making yourself look like a complete tool.
uh ohhh its the link police. maybe u can help me out here, how do I create a non existent link from some thing that has been sent to me via email....and why would I want to? and why do u care, lmao ?
Old Sep 22nd 2021, 4:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

I think u guys need some Xanax or something to chill u out. Its great news travel is opening up so just be happy and stop the nitpicking - Im off to the beach.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.