Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

When do we expect Trump to lift the travel ban against UK?

When do we expect Trump to lift the travel ban against UK?

Old Jul 17th 2020, 6:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When do we expect Trump to lift the travel ban against UK?

Originally Posted by GeneralPowerpoint
Arguing that 'both parties are as bad as each other' or 'both candidates are as bad as each other' on any particular attribute is just a Republican talking point designed to create a false equivalency between the two men.
Indeed.

So, Jerseygirl, do you think Trump and Biden would make equally bad presidents?
Old Jul 17th 2020, 6:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

GeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by morpeth
Maybe true, but that isn't the opinion of many in the 'real America'..
Regrettably, the earth being spherical isn't the opinion of some either.
Old Jul 17th 2020, 6:41 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
Indeed.

So, Jerseygirl, do you think Trump and Biden would make equally bad presidents?
I wondered how long it would take you to come along....
Old Jul 17th 2020, 6:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I wondered how long it would take you to come along....
It's a question you choose to avoid... so, yeh.
Old Jul 17th 2020, 6:51 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

It's a question you choose to avoid... so, yeh.
No it is not but interesting how you stalk my posts in political threads.

Being as you are so interested in my opinion...neither will make a good president IMO. One can only hope that if Biden wins, he will have chosen a good VP and will step down sooner rather than later.
Old Jul 17th 2020, 6:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
No it is not but interesting how you stalk my posts in political threads.

Being as you are so interested in my opinion...neither will make a good president IMO. One can only hope that if Biden wins, he will have chosen a good VP and will step down sooner rather than later.
Sorry, to disappoint you, but this is a thread that I've been subscribed to since before your first post on it. So you're actually stalking me

Wrong thread, but if you think the covid response, for example, would have been such a shit show as with Trump, well... not much hope of a rational conversation. Just the mask nonsense from Trump has had a deadly effect. So although I have never rated Biden, I do think he would put together a competent administration in comparison to Trump.

Last edited by Giantaxe; Jul 17th 2020 at 7:04 pm.
Old Jul 17th 2020, 6:58 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Sorry, to disappoint you, but this is a thread that I've been subscribed to since your first post on it. So you're actually stalking me

Wrong thread, but if you think the covid response, for example, would have been such a shit show as with Trump, well... not much hope of a rational conversation. Just the mask nonsense from Trump has had a deadly effect. So although I have never rated Biden, I do think he would put together a competent administration in comparison to Trump.
No to your first paragraph. Yes to the second.
Old Jul 18th 2020, 9:33 am
Banned

andyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant
That was the way the US designed.

That 'Final Authority' you mention was traditionally the King/Queen. The US didn't want a Sovereign. The people are Sovereign and supposed to ultimately be the arbiters of what the Government does through their elected representatives.

Somewhere along the way it kinda got messed up, didn't it?
Well for a guy who is not a "Sovereign" Trump surely likes to make proclamations like he is one. The only time I have heard of a proclamation was in Cinderella and Alice in Wonderland. Executive order fine that is presidential but a "proclamation" smacks of sounds of royalty to me.
Old Jul 21st 2020, 3:10 am
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Haven't we got a dedicated 'Election 2020' thread buried somewhere in the bowels of BE???
My tuppence worth: I wouldn't go so far as Pulaski and JG in their assessment of Biden but Pulaski is correct in that the Democrats passed over some very promising younger candidates for one of the old guard. Besides the ongoing performances of the two contenders, I'd hazard a guess that the Democrats best chances of getting a win lie with the pro-active Conservatives that make up the Lincoln Project, which has to be the political equivalent of letting loose a pack of vicious dogs in a care home.
Old Jul 21st 2020, 3:55 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zzrmark
Haven't we got a dedicated 'Election 2020' thread buried somewhere in the bowels of BE???
My tuppence worth: I wouldn't go so far as Pulaski and JG in their assessment of Biden but Pulaski is correct in that the Democrats passed over some very promising younger candidates for one of the old guard. Besides the ongoing performances of the two contenders, I'd hazard a guess that the Democrats best chances of getting a win lie with the pro-active Conservatives that make up the Lincoln Project, which has to be the political equivalent of letting loose a pack of vicious dogs in a care home.
Not buried far 2020 Election
Old Jul 27th 2020, 2:18 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

not really UK related but thought andyrebell would have some fun with this little nugget:
From August 1st if you are travelling from the USA to France you must have a negative covid test no more than 3 days before leaving USA to be allowed to enter France. Caused a fair bit of consternation amongst the frenchies here in Austin as getting results back within 3 days at the mo is not possible.
Old Jul 27th 2020, 3:51 pm
Banned

andyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
not really UK related but thought andyrebell would have some fun with this little nugget:
From August 1st if you are travelling from the USA to France you must have a negative covid test no more than 3 days before leaving USA to be allowed to enter France. Caused a fair bit of consternation amongst the frenchies here in Austin as getting results back within 3 days at the mo is not possible.
So the French are putting their hands up are they (there is a shock) and admitting it can't be done. Though I thought you could get rapid test over there if you pay through the nose for it of course?. Which most people maybe can't afford and insurance probably won't do. I am sure there are many french who share my view that americans should be banned as long as the french.are. But again as I have said a lot of Americans have money to travel to europe even with all this. Here in UK and France perhaps not soo much.

And aren't these flights with Americans too and from America just another conduit of spread for the virus within the USA itself?
Old Jul 27th 2020, 3:57 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andyrebell
So the French are putting their hands up are they (there is a shock) and admitting it can't be done. Though I thought you could get rapid test over there if you pay through the nose for it of course?. Which most people maybe can't afford and insurance probably won't do. I am sure there are many french who share my view that americans should be banned as long as the french.are. But again as I have said a lot of Americans have money to travel to europe even with all this. Here in UK and France perhaps not soo much.

And aren't these flights with Americans too and from America just another conduit of spread for the virus within the USA itself?
Priceless!
I don't think you understood anything I wrote.
Americans cannot travel to France - I specifically wrote "frenchies in Austin" because this is affecting the french citizens that live here that may want to go home to visit. In case you haven't been watching the news lately, Texas ( where Austin is) has been experiencing a surge in coronavirus cases which has meant that the testing services ( public and private) have been completely swamped and it's taking 5 days to get test results back.
You really do have a massive chip on your shoulder regarding Americans don't you?
Old Jul 27th 2020, 4:08 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
Priceless!
I don't think you understood anything I wrote.

You really do have a massive chip on your shoulder regarding Americans don't you?

He does, but the bottom line is that he's ticked off because his cruise was cancelled.
Old Jul 27th 2020, 4:20 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
He does, but the bottom line is that he's ticked off because his cruise was cancelled.
I was .

But we have rebooked for 15 months from now (mid nov 21) and got a hell of a price for the trip of 26 nights! Cunard twice plus FIVE NIGHT NYC stay and Bahamas trip on RCL . And the price was the best I have ever seen on TV for a trip of that length ever! The agencies/cruise lines are desperate to get money into their companies.

Fwiw they had no known Covid cases in nyc on Feb 12th this year and look how it went. I personally think as I have said before Trump was slow with the ban though I do understand the need to do it. We should have done the same thing. But again isn't this travel thing reciprocal the Americans don't need visas because we don't need visas and so on and so forth?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.