Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

When do we expect Trump to lift the travel ban against UK?

When do we expect Trump to lift the travel ban against UK?

Old Jul 27th 2020, 5:02 pm
Banned

andyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When do we expect Trump to lift the travel ban against UK?

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
Priceless!
I don't think you understood anything I wrote.
Americans cannot travel to France - I specifically wrote "frenchies in Austin" because this is affecting the french citizens that live here that may want to go home to visit. In case you haven't been watching the news lately, Texas ( where Austin is) has been experiencing a surge in coronavirus cases which has meant that the testing services ( public and private) have been completely swamped and it's taking 5 days to get test results back.
You really do have a massive chip on your shoulder regarding Americans don't you?
No I don't I just didn't think Trump had the balls to do it to his allies considering the bans he done in some cases do not enhance the security of the country or even make sense. What is banning Nigerian green card applications going to achieve when the B2 visa is really badly abused in that country isn't it?

I think this has shown them up. If this had happen 10 years ago the outcome would be very different Obama would have lead very well the death toll would probably be have been a lot lower the economic damage a lot less. Trump has lead them to wrack and ruin they seem to love him for it.

I thought the ban was only for 2 weeks CNN didn't revisit that story at least the UK based channel didn't. And for the 5th or 6th time is this travel not reciprocal? So should we not ban them as they have banned us.

And IF this is a precursor to removing some countries from the VWP or the VWP itself though I don't think it is. What would we (UK/EU/Shenghen whatever) do about that. Still allow americans to enter without visas or crack down on their younger people as they probably would ours. I understand about B2 visas and younger people though if they cracked down they would have no tourist industry left.

Last edited by andyrebell; Jul 27th 2020 at 5:33 pm.
Old Sep 3rd 2020, 10:18 pm
Banned

andyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond repute

So according to recent news stories a vaccine may or may not be close to implementation.

I wonder what the arrival procedures in the USA will be. I think anything more than showing a piece of paper confirming vaccination. A vaccination letter which could be forged and would be very tough to check on it. Or a vaccination card of some kind perhaps. I do know if we have them in UK but other countries do I think. Anything more than that could be catastrophic because I don't think even the larger airports have the facilities to conduct mass testing of people for vaccination and the travel delays could be hours even days.

Will they rely on the airlines to get this information for them and add it into the advanced passenger information which is sent an hour after departure isn't it?. Or will they go so far as to even remove the visa waver program and do medical checks for vaccination at the embassies.
Old Sep 3rd 2020, 10:58 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

I see nothing substantial about a vaccine being close to going to market.

I found some articles form yesterday about Nov 1 for states to be ready.

I found one about Pfizer possibly knowing in October sometimes if their trial was a success and might be able to submit their data for approval sometime in October.

But nothing that a vaccine is close to being in production.

Old Sep 3rd 2020, 11:35 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
I see nothing substantial about a vaccine being close to going to market.

I found some articles form yesterday about Nov 1 for states to be ready.

I found one about Pfizer possibly knowing in October sometimes if their trial was a success and might be able to submit their data for approval sometime in October.

But nothing that a vaccine is close to being in production.
I am of the impression that these firms are producing vaccine stockpiles for big scale distribution as they are being tested in phase 3 throughout the country/world and not starting production after phase 3 completion. In essence they are betting on it working and it will be a very big bet if they lose. Be interesting to see which ones come out winners and whose vaccine is acceptable for entry to U.S and whose isn't. Because I believe no study has been conducted into the effects of having more than 1 vaccine compound in your body.

Russia claims they have large interest from a number of countries for their vaccine which seems to have the the worst side effects. I wonder if that vaccine will be acceptable for U.S entry perhaps not. Or the Oxford which does great immunity but not in the nasal passages? And they swab the nasal passages for testing. But it creates the t-cell you need to prevent repeated re-infection or something to do with DNA? That response is very very good apparently. And Trump seems to want to rob that one and give it patent in U.S and we told him to sling it.

Last edited by andyrebell; Sep 3rd 2020 at 11:38 pm.
Old Sep 4th 2020, 12:28 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andyrebell
I am of the impression that these firms are producing vaccine stockpiles for big scale distribution as they are being tested in phase 3 throughout the country/world and not starting production after phase 3 completion. In essence they are betting on it working and it will be a very big bet if they lose. Be interesting to see which ones come out winners and whose vaccine is acceptable for entry to U.S and whose isn't. Because I believe no study has been conducted into the effects of having more than 1 vaccine compound in your body.

Russia claims they have large interest from a number of countries for their vaccine which seems to have the the worst side effects. I wonder if that vaccine will be acceptable for U.S entry perhaps not. Or the Oxford which does great immunity but not in the nasal passages? And they swab the nasal passages for testing. But it creates the t-cell you need to prevent repeated re-infection or something to do with DNA? That response is very very good apparently. And Trump seems to want to rob that one and give it patent in U.S and we told him to sling it.

Guess time will tell. I don't think Canada has any agreements with AstraZeneca for the Oxford vaccine as of yet, Canada was late to the game in signing agreements, I'd be surprised if we see a vaccine at all this year, the US and UK and others signed first so will likely get vaccines first.
Old Sep 4th 2020, 10:04 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Guess time will tell. I don't think Canada has any agreements with AstraZeneca for the Oxford vaccine as of yet, Canada was late to the game in signing agreements, I'd be surprised if we see a vaccine at all this year, the US and UK and others signed first so will likely get vaccines first.
You are getting Johnson and Johnson and Novavax apparently and you have other signed agreements according to what I just googled.
Old Sep 8th 2020, 10:27 pm
Account Closed

You are getting Johnson and Johnson and Novavax apparently and you have other signed agreements according to what I just googled.
I know who Canada signed agreements with, they also have agreement signed with Pfizer, but the US, UK and other countries signed first, and likely will receive doses first, even the Canadian government has stated they do expect any vaccines to be delivered until sometime in 2021 but have given no specific time frame of when in 2021 for all we know it could be December 2021.

And that assuming all the companies signed with produce a viable vaccine.
Old Sep 8th 2020, 10:42 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Astra Zeneca have run into problems with their trials. They have put a halt to the trial after a potential serious adverse reaction to the vaccine.
Old Sep 8th 2020, 11:30 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Astra Zeneca have run into problems with their trials. They have put a halt to the trial after a potential serious adverse reaction to the vaccine.
Let's not give up on it yet. One event, may not be connected to the virus.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-09-...eneca/12643812
Old Sep 8th 2020, 11:54 pm
Banned

Since we now no longer have a vaccine candidate in our own right I guess if we want the american vaccine within the next 10 years. Prince Andrew, Gary McKinnon, Julian Assange, Haron Ashwat the terrorist guy with mental health problems and Louise Woodward had better pack their bags for their one way trips to America. Oh and no more mention of Harry Dunn. You know what Trump is like. He will demand all of these things and more.
Old Sep 8th 2020, 11:54 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter

Hubby worked for a major pharma company before he retired...he is not optimistic for an early vaccine.
Old Sep 8th 2020, 11:57 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter

It is not whether it works or not per say. Ok it is but it is also whether other countries will accept it for admission purposes? And also another question which no one is studying how do these vaccines interact with each other because if it is not accepted by the USA or another country for entry do people have to have a second vaccination. And we have no way of knowing if that becomes the case how they will interact.
Old Sep 9th 2020, 12:16 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Hubby worked for a major pharma company before he retired...he is not optimistic for an early vaccine.
No, vaccines don't seem to be easy to develop and test. One in 2020 would be warp speed from what I understand.
Old Sep 9th 2020, 12:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

And there was my thinking a vaccine was about saving lives. Thanks goodness for this thread pointing out it's about andyrebell's travel plans.
Old Sep 9th 2020, 12:59 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

It is not whether it works or not per say. Ok it is but it is also whether other countries will accept it for admission purposes? And also another question which no one is studying how do these vaccines interact with each other because if it is not accepted by the USA or another country for entry do people have to have a second vaccination. And we have no way of knowing if that becomes the case how they will interact.
Are they not? How do you know? You really need to stop verbalising out loud the conversations you have with yourself in your head. Just because you decide something is or isn't happening, doesn't make it real.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.