Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

What ever happened to .... ? (the missing BE member thread)

What ever happened to .... ? (the missing BE member thread)

Old Feb 9th 2017, 9:07 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What ever happened to .... ? (the missing BE member thread)

Originally Posted by Wintersong
I have been authorised to offer you the following, to be placed in my signature line for a period of not less than 1 week:

Public opinion polls show that Jerseygirl has the highest approval rating of any BE moderator in the history of ever, and any polls showing anything different are FAKE NEWS.
Old Feb 9th 2017, 9:16 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
They often out themselves very quickly by alluding to a post or opinion expressed months or even years ago that it is extremely unlikely a genuine new member would have found.

I only usually notice ones that impacted me or the threads I frequent, but I suspect that there are many instances of other posts or opinions being alluded to that I don't remember or notice the significance of.
Or they go out of their way to pick fights with other posters who don't even know they're alive. Ahem.
Old Feb 9th 2017, 11:20 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wintersong
I have been authorised to offer you the following, to be placed in my signature line for a period of not less than 1 week:

Public opinion polls show that Jerseygirl has the highest approval rating of any BE moderator in the history of ever, and any polls showing anything different are FAKE NEWS.
I have information about alternative facts.
Old Feb 10th 2017, 1:32 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

BE is like a pub.

You can go there when you want, and when you do there will be the usual mix of regulars, a few who just drop in for a while, a couple who can't hold their booze and start a fight, and staff behind the bar who sort it all out.

There are few commitments, you can have a very friendly relationship with people in the pub who you never see anywhere else and other people who you ignore. Some people like to prop up the bar and talk to all comers, others sit in the corner by themselves and only occasionally interact. Sometimes people will pass the hat to help out a regular, sometimes they will gossip about the pub bore in another corner of the pub. A few people see each other in places other than the pub but most don't. Sometimes there's music and a singalong and great beer, sometimes the place is pretty empty and smells of dirty ashtrays.

It has all the vices and virtues of the local.

And of course, its name is the Docile Trollop (for old-timer regulars of course).
Old Feb 10th 2017, 1:40 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
BE is like a pub.

You can go there when you want, and when you do there will be the usual mix of regulars, a few who just drop in for a while, a couple who can't hold their booze and start a fight, and staff behind the bar who sort it all out.

There are few commitments, you can have a very friendly relationship with people in the pub who you never see anywhere else and other people who you ignore. Some people like to prop up the bar and talk to all comers, others sit in the corner by themselves and only occasionally interact. Sometimes people will pass the hat to help out a regular, sometimes they will gossip about the pub bore in another corner of the pub. A few people see each other in places other than the pub but most don't. Sometimes there's music and a singalong and great beer, sometimes the place is pretty empty and smells of dirty ashtrays.

And of course, its name is the Docile Trollop (for old-timer regulars of course).

Sometimes you get the occasional homeless drunk who keeps wandering in. They try to cause trouble but are soon kicked out on their arses.
Old Feb 10th 2017, 3:52 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

BE is like a pub.
about time the bar staff served some beer then.
Old Feb 10th 2017, 3:56 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lansbury
about time the bar staff served some beer then.
There's always someone who wants a bloody White Shield poured at the busiest time of the evening

Yes, my very first job was as a bartender in a London pub.
Old Feb 10th 2017, 3:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

BE is like a pub.

What an interesting write up!
Old Feb 10th 2017, 3:57 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

There's always someone who wants a bloody White Shield poured at the busiest time of the evening

Yes, my very first job was as a bartender in a London pub.
Give us a Guinness so I can get back to fighting over the pickled eggs with Nutek, would ya, luv?
Old Feb 10th 2017, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Give us a Guinness so I can get back to fighting over the pickled eggs with Nutek, would ya, luv?

And a pack of Rothman's, no doubt.
Old Feb 10th 2017, 4:02 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

And a pack of Rothman's, no doubt.
Would have been B&H back in the day, but close. I'll just take 30 packets of pickled onion crisps instead, please.
Old Feb 10th 2017, 4:53 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Would have been B&H back in the day, but close. I'll just take 30 packets of pickled onion crisps instead, please.
JPS or Camel for me, but yeah. ;-)
Old Feb 10th 2017, 4:57 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Nutek
JPS or Camel for me, but yeah. ;-)
Do I have to share the pickled onion crisps with you, then?
Old Feb 10th 2017, 4:58 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Do I have to share the pickled onion crisps with you, then?
It couldn't hurt.
Old Feb 10th 2017, 4:59 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Nutek
It couldn't hurt.
Fine. Better get some salt n vinegar as well, I suppose.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.