Wedding costs

Old Nov 16th 2006, 4:37 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wedding costs

Originally Posted by Sally
You're going to Ray's for Christmas?
Yes the three of us...Joycee invited us some time ago.
Old Nov 16th 2006, 4:37 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
It was hard earned money.
lol how long ago was it?
Old Nov 16th 2006, 4:38 am
Account Closed

Yes the three of us...Joycee invited us some time ago.
How lovely!
Old Nov 16th 2006, 4:38 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Flight are too expensive then ....
We are going to drive down at Christmas...to save money.
Old Nov 16th 2006, 4:39 am
SUPER MODERATOR

lol how long ago was it?

June 1979...I was a young Thai bride.
Old Nov 16th 2006, 4:40 am
Account Closed

June 1979...I was a young Thai bride.
Oh me too
Old Nov 16th 2006, 4:43 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Oh me too
I only said that so Rushy won't start calling me names....but keep it to yourself.
Old Nov 16th 2006, 4:48 am
Account Closed

I only said that so Rushy won't start calling me names....but keep it to yourself.
I guess his wedding was like "The Godfather"
Old Nov 16th 2006, 11:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Just interested in people's views on this.

We know a couple aged about 30, not very well-off, living in rented accommodation and he has no medical insurance. However, they are planning to spend all their savings on a fancy wedding.

I would advise them to use their money towards their future, but am I just being unromantic?
I only got married this year, and yes it was a lot of money thanks to my MIL.

I paid about 1/3 of the cost.
Old Nov 16th 2006, 11:30 am
BE Forum Addict

joto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond repute

Our daughter got married earlier this year. It didn't cost as much as we feared as they did most of the planning. I think it was about a total of about $10,000. That was for the wedding meal and unlimited wine for about 80 people, and that's not as many as we could have invited. We limited to close family and close friends. It also included Our flights for 4 and accomodation for the weekend for 4 of us in Italy. The young couple paid for the church fees, the flowers and the hired a sound system that they recorded their favorite music on. It was one of the better more relaxed weddings we have been to.
Old Nov 16th 2006, 11:40 am
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute

Just interested in people's views on this.

We know a couple aged about 30, not very well-off, living in rented accommodation and he has no medical insurance. However, they are planning to spend all their savings on a fancy wedding.

I would advise them to use their money towards their future, but am I just being unromantic?
Before we moved here some of my work involved weddings and brides

Not all of the brides appeared to be rolling in it but thay still spent a fortune on their wedding and started planning it sometimes 2 years in advance to be able to have the date and venue they wanted. They obsessed over everything and were often a huge pain to work with, thinking nothing of phoning at 6am or my worst one.....2am on Sunday morning.

The honeymoons were often really expensive and I used to wonder if they really enjoyed them because they were so stressed by the time the wedding happened.
I dealt with them at the beginning of the whole thing and then right at the end. By the day before they were often spotty with all the stress and crying over the slightest thing.

But I miss taking their money
Old Nov 16th 2006, 12:08 pm
Forum Regular

janj is a jewel in the roughjanj is a jewel in the roughjanj is a jewel in the roughjanj is a jewel in the roughjanj is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by joto
Our daughter got married earlier this year. It didn't cost as much as we feared as they did most of the planning. I think it was about a total of about $10,000. That was for the wedding meal and unlimited wine for about 80 people, and that's not as many as we could have invited. We limited to close family and close friends. It also included Our flights for 4 and accomodation for the weekend for 4 of us in Italy. The young couple paid for the church fees, the flowers and the hired a sound system that they recorded their favorite music on. It was one of the better more relaxed weddings we have been to.

Sounds like you had a great time, joto. Was the wedding in Italy?

Like most of you, we had a modest wedding way back when in England.
I wonder if we'll cave in when the time comes and do the big bash thing for our offspring over here though It'll be strange when a lot of potential guests will be overseas. I just don't know......I find weddings here very overdone.With two college aged daughters I suppose we'll have to start thinking about the possibility of them getting married one day :scared:
Old Nov 16th 2006, 12:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond repute

...unbelievable to see what so many people spend on weddings nowadays!, I had a 'white' wedding first time round,with 60 guests,in a tiny village church,just enough pews for all the guests....we paid for the wedding,my parents paid for the catered food,his paid for the bar....7 years later we seperated!....second time round,got married in Newbury Register Office,had 1 other yank couple,friends of hubby,all the rest was my family and friends...I made my dress and bouquet,my mum,sister and myself did all the catering(we did a self serve buffet),Don bought all the booze at the Base,and had the reception at my mum's house....it was a fantastic day, it was obvious that everyone was really enjoying themselves,and they all said it was the most relaxed,comfortable wedding they'd ever been to...there was no hassle, except for my brother(who was one of our witnesses)when he couldn't find his tie to match his cream suit,he and his girlfriend(our other witness) went dashing round all the stores in Newbury(on saturday,market day!)to find a maroon tie!,they showed up at the Register Office just in the nick of time!....that was quite enough excitment for that day!....it didn't cost a fortune,but it was a really great wedding....best of all ...it's lasted for 20 years ...so far!....Sophia
Old Nov 16th 2006, 12:46 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deer Hunter
Our wedding cost a fair whack but I don't regret a thing about it. We only invited the people that we wanted there and had a 15 min exchange of vows thing and then a huge fancy dress dinner/piss up. I've never been obsessed with having a big white wedding but I'm really glad we did it with all the people we care about around us. Then again we could afford it, we wouldn't have gotten into debt trying to pay for the wedding.
That's fine, so long as YOU wanted it. But when couples start hiring doves to release because it's the "done thing" etc when they would not have thought of it otherwise....

lol I can see it now.... redneck wedding, has to be in dove season, let out a pair of doves, groom and bride both shoot!
Old Nov 16th 2006, 1:00 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny
lol I can see it now.... redneck wedding, has to be in dove season, let out a pair of doves, groom and bride both shoot!
Hey ..I like that .... think I will start that.. except will change the doves for turkey vulture ......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.