Wikiposts

Wedding costs

Old Nov 15th 2006, 4:15 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wedding costs

Originally Posted by Sally
You do packages don't you?

lol snap
Yup house for a week as well
Old Nov 15th 2006, 4:15 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by frrussre
Sad truth, its mostly to impress others.
They should take every dime they have & save it, put down a deposit on their own home or at least invest in the future.
Seem to remember ABC, did a Diane Sawyer show on the fancy wedding deal. Parents were taking 2nd mortgages to pay for (Impress the relatives) weddings. $50 $60 $80k. Bloody stupid, especially when they may well be divorced, few years up the road.
Reg. Frank R.

Yep I agree. But different strokes suit different folks. My sister got married the year before us...she had a good sized wedding party. Both her and her husband had just graduated and had 30 pounds to their name on the wedding day. Over 28 yrs later they are still happily married and wouldn't have changed a thing.
Old Nov 15th 2006, 4:17 pm
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ray
Yup house for a week as well
I could come with them and have a swim in your pool...wow
Old Nov 15th 2006, 4:19 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

I could come with them and have a swim in your pool...wow
Chaperone and witness yup ..we could marry them in the pool
Old Nov 15th 2006, 4:21 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Ray
Chaperone and witness yup ..we could marry them in the pool
I'm going to suggest it
Old Nov 15th 2006, 4:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Yep I agree. But different strokes suit different folks. My sister got married the year before us...she had a good sized wedding party. Both her and her husband had just graduated and had 30 pounds to their name on the wedding day. Over 28 yrs later they are still happily married and wouldn't have changed a thing.
There is always an exception, few & far between. Just look at the divorce rate. Plus you have been married for a long time & your wedding cost zippo.
Reg.
Old Nov 15th 2006, 4:27 pm
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

Got my dress from Monsoon in Manchester was about 200 quid
Cake was $318
His suit was $400 from Banana Republic

They were the most expensive things. We got hitched in a courtroom and spent then went for a meal with the families. Spent that night in the hotel bar having a laugh with my mum and dad. It was great.
Old Nov 15th 2006, 4:32 pm
Ray

I'm going to suggest it
Anybody else want to come ...
Old Nov 15th 2006, 4:32 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by frrussre
There is always an exception, few & far between. Just look at the divorce rate. Plus you have been married for a long time & your wedding cost zippo.
Reg.
Sure that's why I said different strokes for different folks. Personally I think it's an absolute waste of money...as you say approx half of them will be divorced in a few years. Quite a few/many guests only attend because they feel they should...but don't want to go to the trouble or expense of buying new clothes, gifts, maybe travel costs and hotel room.
Old Nov 15th 2006, 4:34 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Sarah
Got my dress from Monsoon in Manchester was about 200 quid
Cake was $318
His suit was $400 from Banana Republic

They were the most expensive things. We got hitched in a courtroom and spent then went for a meal with the families. Spent that night in the hotel bar having a laugh with my mum and dad. It was great.

Same with us but we didn't have a cake and spent about fifty pounds on the clothes.
Old Nov 15th 2006, 4:35 pm
Account Closed

Same with us but we didn't have a cake and spent about fifty pounds on the clothes.
That was old money tho
Old Nov 15th 2006, 4:36 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Ray
Anybody else want to come ...

If it's at Christmas when we come to stay with you. Won't have to pay for two lots of travel then.
Old Nov 15th 2006, 4:37 pm
Account Closed

If it's at Christmas when we come to stay with you. Won't have to pay for two lots of travel then.
You're going to Ray's for Christmas?
SUPER MODERATOR

That was old money tho
It was hard earned money.
Ray

Flight are too expensive then ....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.