Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Very cool Chase/BA card if one has some dosh

Very cool Chase/BA card if one has some dosh

Old Nov 13th 2010, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

MrsBriggo is a name known to allMrsBriggo is a name known to allMrsBriggo is a name known to allMrsBriggo is a name known to allMrsBriggo is a name known to allMrsBriggo is a name known to allMrsBriggo is a name known to allMrsBriggo is a name known to allMrsBriggo is a name known to allMrsBriggo is a name known to allMrsBriggo is a name known to all
Default Re: Very cool Chase/BA card if one has some dosh

Originally Posted by tonrob
Are you absolutely 100% certain of that?
Yes it states that you have to have the amex / ba card at the time of using the voucher otherwise they won't be valid.

I did ask although I may ask again...
Old Nov 13th 2010, 11:00 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coastieexpat
I thought you could only upgrade 1 class, I assume you bought a world traveller plus ticket.

That would be very tempting for me , it's a 10 hour plus flight from San Francisco.
This wasn't an upgrade - it was an outright redemption but using the 2-for-1 voucher that you get if you spend $30K in one year. 100,000 miles would therefore get you 2 Club World return tickets to Europe Zone 1, 125,000 for Club World one way and First the other or 150,000 for First both ways.
Old Nov 13th 2010, 11:05 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsBriggo
Yes it states that you have to have the amex / ba card at the time of using the voucher otherwise they won't be valid.

I did ask although I may ask again...
If you ask they'll tell you what's in the terms and conditions. I was more thinking about what actually happens when people cancel. Check out Flyertalk. I'd heard that ba.com forces you to pay the taxes and fees with an AMEX card, but not necessarily your BA AMEX card. Note I haven't studied this deeply as I've never held that card so don't take my word for it.
Old Nov 13th 2010, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

MrsBriggo is a name known to allMrsBriggo is a name known to allMrsBriggo is a name known to allMrsBriggo is a name known to allMrsBriggo is a name known to allMrsBriggo is a name known to allMrsBriggo is a name known to allMrsBriggo is a name known to allMrsBriggo is a name known to allMrsBriggo is a name known to allMrsBriggo is a name known to all

Originally Posted by tonrob
If you ask they'll tell you what's in the terms and conditions. I was more thinking about what actually happens when people cancel. Check out Flyertalk. I'd heard that ba.com forces you to pay the taxes and fees with an AMEX card, but not necessarily your BA AMEX card. Note I haven't studied this deeply as I've never held that card so don't take my word for it.
Will do thanks