Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

The USA BritExpat cyber DIAMOND JUBILEE STREET PARTY

The USA BritExpat cyber DIAMOND JUBILEE STREET PARTY

Old Jun 8th 2012, 4:26 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The USA BritExpat cyber DIAMOND JUBILEE STREET PARTY

Originally Posted by Englishmum
It looks like poor old Phil will be in hospital on his 91st birthday.

I wonder if his illness is more serious than they're letting on?

http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/16243710
Old Jun 10th 2012, 2:05 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

So I just watched the Concert for the Queen (condensed) and the parts I liked best: the fireworks, the music from God Save the Queen onward (it was like an outdoor Last Night of the Proms) AND the Queen doing her best not to cry!!

Hip, Hip, Hooray!!

not so much of the rest of the concert though
Old Jun 10th 2012, 3:52 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs
So I just watched the Concert for the Queen (condensed) and the parts I liked best: the fireworks, the music from God Save the Queen onward (it was like an outdoor Last Night of the Proms) AND the Queen doing her best not to cry!!

Hip, Hip, Hooray!!

not so much of the rest of the concert though
The Queen does not cry...she has been trained not to show emotion. Every now and then you see a little emotion shining through...then she quickly composes herself.

I have seen the whole concert...it wasn't that good in my opinion...but it was the occasion that matters.
Old Jun 10th 2012, 1:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond repute

PRINCE PHILIP...... Ninety one not out today 10/06/12, still batting strongly......discharged from the King Edward VII Hospital in London yesterday in time for his birthday bash.

When asked by a journalist waiting outside the hospital if he was feeling better the grumpy old geezer replied: "Of course I'm feeling better - I wouldn't be leaving this place if I wasn't!"

I remember the report in a paper not so long ago about the time he was introduced to a female London fashion designer and then asked her if she was wearing mink knickers. Only the Queen's Consort could get away with that one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oN6b...feature=fvwrel
Old Jun 10th 2012, 2:49 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Thats good news.

Some people dont like the comments he comes out with sometimes, but a bit of plain speaking is quite refreshing. And damn funny at times.

I am sure he sometimes says things that the people around him would love to say but dont dare.

Happy Birthday Phil.