Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

The USA BritExpat cyber DIAMOND JUBILEE STREET PARTY

The USA BritExpat cyber DIAMOND JUBILEE STREET PARTY

Old Jun 5th 2012, 8:26 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The USA BritExpat cyber DIAMOND JUBILEE STREET PARTY

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Communists!!
Old Jun 5th 2012, 10:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
This is from 15 years earlier, but I am left with the impression that Pathe feared common working class accents, and so had spent the previous day coaching these two captains. The poor guys seem to struggle to stay with the script.

http://www.britishpathe.com/video/in...inal+interview

In fact looking at the editing I am not sure they were even in the same room when they made their little speeches.
Brilliant! I don't think they're in the same room.
Old Jun 6th 2012, 12:44 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Has the queen been to elocution lessons? Has her accent got a tad toned down?

And I have never understood why when praise and accolades are poured on one, it makes one 'humbled.'
Old Jun 6th 2012, 12:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

And I have never understood why when praise and accolades are poured on one, it makes one 'humbled.'
Exactly what I thought! Definitely toned down.
Old Jun 6th 2012, 12:47 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly what I thought! Definitely toned down.
I think there has been a silent revolution going on behind the closed doors of Buckingham Palace. I suppose it is the legacy of Diana.
Old Jun 6th 2012, 12:50 am
He/him

A quick Google including the words "Queens accent" brings me to Joey Ramone and his Queens accent.
Old Jun 6th 2012, 12:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

A quick Google including the words "Queens accent" brings me to Joey Ramone and his Queens accent.
Old Jun 6th 2012, 12:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Now this is in my head

Old Jun 6th 2012, 12:59 am
He/him

Good one.
Old Jun 6th 2012, 1:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Good one.
"Get out of my yard"
Old Jun 6th 2012, 1:21 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

I should think she's like everyone else - she starts to sound more like the people she's around. I, for example, sound more American than I did when I lived in England, and I went to France to improve my French accent and to Mexico for my Spanish. I should think the number of cut glass accents inside the royal circle are far, far fewer than they were. Her grandchildren sound nothing like her children, for example.

And "humbled" is because you can't say "yeah, I know, I'm really great aren't I".
Old Jun 6th 2012, 1:23 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Re: The USA BritExpat cyber DIAMOND JUBILEE STREET PARTY

Grrrrr - I'm watching the concert now on ABC and it is so heavily edited. They've totally missed off the opening song ("Let Me Entertain You" by Robbie Williams) and started off with Will.I.Am.

Tom Jones was good. But now there's another ad break on and it's cutting to 'The Queen and Stevie Wonder". Grrrr
Old Jun 6th 2012, 1:23 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

"Get out of my yard"
Good old Eek.
Old Jun 6th 2012, 1:25 am
He/him

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
I should think she's like everyone else - she starts to sound more like the people she's around. I, for example, sound more American than I did when I lived in England, and I went to France to improve my French accent and to Mexico for my Spanish. I should think the number of cut glass accents inside the royal circle are far, far fewer than they were. Her grandchildren sound nothing like her children, for example.

And "humbled" is because you can't say "yeah, I know, I'm really great aren't I".
Good points Lion.

Originally Posted by Englishmum
Grrrrr - I'm watching the concert now on ABC and it is so heavily edited. They've totally missed off the opening song ("Let Me Entertain You" by Robbie Williams) and started off with Will.I.Am.

Tom Jones was good. But now there's another ad break on and it's cutting to 'The Queen and Stevie Wonder". Grrrr
And they ask why he never made it in the States.
Old Jun 6th 2012, 1:29 am

And they ask why he never made it in the States.
You know, I can't imagine the Queen actually enjoying this.

But who knows.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.