Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

U.S ban foreign visitors who have been to China within the last 2 weeks.

U.S ban foreign visitors who have been to China within the last 2 weeks.

Old Feb 24th 2020, 7:56 am
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: U.S ban foreign visitors who have been to China within the last 2 weeks.

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
I look at alibaba from time to time, and its amazing how many knock of products there are for the aquarium hobby, identical copies in some cases just a different name, almost wonder if the companies contracted by the name brand are in some cases simply producing a side product to sell under a different name and they always have the little disclaimer about how it arrives without packaging.

Guess its the risk these companies take when outsourcing to China, they know their product will be copied.
It’s the twenty first century equivalent of when Charles Dickens went to America, and found all his novels in bookshops in US knockoff editions, which he never licensed and never received a penny of income from. One of the ways the US pulled itself up by its bootstraps in the 19th century was by ripping off European intellectual property. The land of the free, isn’t it.
Old Feb 24th 2020, 9:38 am
Banned

andyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: U.S ban foreign visitors who have been to China within the last 2 weeks.

Originally Posted by Boiler

World is approaching coronavirus tipping point, experts say

78,000 cases confirmed, as Italy and Iran scramble to contain major outbreaks

Graun headline today.
Death percent is still around 2.2 and dropping. Many experts think the death rate will end at around 0.015% which is the same for influenza.
Old Feb 24th 2020, 5:48 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andyrebell
Death percent is still around 2.2 and dropping. Many experts think the death rate will end at around 0.015% which is the same for influenza.
I remember you saying you are traveling to the USA in April on the QM. Do you get a sense (from Cunard, or internet discussions maybe..?) that this voyage will still go ahead without restrictions, or are you concerned that Cunard may have to cancel, or restrict this sailing? I certainly hope everything works out with your trip.
Old Feb 24th 2020, 6:43 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234
I remember you saying you are traveling to the USA in April on the QM. Do you get a sense (from Cunard, or internet discussions maybe..?) that this voyage will still go ahead without restrictions, or are you concerned that Cunard may have to cancel, or restrict this sailing? I certainly hope everything works out with your trip.
I think Cunard intend all TA sailings will go ahead as planned, of course this could be subject to change if necessary. They have cut the FE out of their itineraries for the next few months and have re-arranged the sailings. One such arranged cruise was to circumvent Australia. I would have loved to have done that but the prices were so low, all cabins were snapped up within a few hours.
Old Feb 24th 2020, 10:37 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I..... One such arranged cruise was to circumvent Australia. ....
I am not necessarily opposed to circumventing Australia, but I think you meant "encircle" or "circumnavigate".
Old Feb 25th 2020, 2:14 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I am not necessarily opposed to circumventing Australia, but I think you meant "encircle" or "circumnavigate".

i blame it on auto correct.
Old Feb 25th 2020, 7:27 am
Heading for Poppyland

I think Cunard intend all TA sailings will go ahead as planned, of course this could be subject to change if necessary. They have cut the FE out of their itineraries for the next few months and have re-arranged the sailings. One such arranged cruise was to circumvent Australia. I would have loved to have done that but the prices were so low, all cabins were snapped up within a few hours.
Originally Posted by Pulaski
A lot of cruises do circumvent Australia, though.
Old Feb 25th 2020, 7:58 am
Banned

andyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond repute

It seems that the QM2 sailing will be ok as things stand. The ship is out of range of the infection heading towards Australia. Although that situation could change very quickly. The problem I have is that if they cancel the sailing i would lose the flight to NYC which is included in the package.
Old Feb 25th 2020, 7:59 am
Banned

Talking Re: U.S ban foreign visitors who have been to China within the last 2 weeks.

Yeah them new QE sailings went faster than the tickets for Glastonbury! Talking
Old Feb 25th 2020, 2:32 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

A lot of cruises do circumvent Australia, though.
yes they do...but this is the first time for Cunard and the prices were a bargain.

Yeah them new QE sailings went faster than the tickets for Glastonbury! Talking
We may have interested in the the cruise on the QE from Sydney to Vancouver, but the dates didn’t work for us. Plus we have done that trip twice in the last 18 months, but in the opposite direction. Great deals for sure.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Feb 25th 2020 at 2:34 pm.
Old Feb 25th 2020, 4:58 pm
Banned

yes they do...but this is the first time for Cunard and the prices were a bargain.

We may have interested in the the cruise on the QE from Sydney to Vancouver, but the dates didn’t work for us. Plus we have done that trip twice in the last 18 months, but in the opposite direction. Great deals for sure.
What I was also going to say is talking of Cunard have you ever done the transatlantic crossing? We have done it a few times in the last few years.
Old Feb 25th 2020, 5:05 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

What I was also going to say is talking of Cunard have you ever done the transatlantic crossing? We have done it a few times in the last few years.
several times...once in a force one hurricane. If you have the time it’s a great way to cross the pond with no jet lag!!
Old Feb 27th 2020, 4:30 pm
Banned

According to some online media sources, Trump is close to banning travellers from South Korea and Italy and maybe even removing those countries off the visa waiver program. Lets see if he has the balls to ban his allies from the country. And if he does ban South Korea why not withdraw American troops from that country if he is all about protecting americans from the virus?

Last edited by andyrebell; Feb 27th 2020 at 4:33 pm.
Old Feb 27th 2020, 4:33 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat096 is an unknown quantity at this point

According to some online media sources, Trump is close to banning travellers from South Korea and Italy and maybe even removing those countries off the visa waiver program. Lets see if he has the balls to ban his allies from the country. And if he does ban South Korea why not withdraw American troops from that country?

Which sources?
Old Feb 27th 2020, 4:36 pm
Banned

several times...once in a force one hurricane. If you have the time it’s a great way to cross the pond with no jet lag!!
We did a crossing in a storm once. It stayed in port in brooklyn and done the crossing in 4 days. We managed to avoid most of the storm that sent the NCL breakaway back to manhattan with widespread damage when the captain caught the outside of the storm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.