Wikiposts

Toddlers

Old Jul 22nd 2016, 8:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Toddlers

You can always Scotchguard the seats so they won't stain. Still need to vacuum up the masses of crumbs though.
Old Jul 22nd 2016, 8:33 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrken30
The air bags on some new cars come out of the side of the seats. I always thought they came out the dash and the roof. This was news to me. Serves me right for not getting a car with the leather / easy clean option.

This seat cover website sort of explains it

Seat Airbag - Shear Comfort Ltd.
I thought you were talking about the seat bottom...not the side of the seat. I get you now.

Leather is always the way to go IMO.

you could always tie their hands together to stop their messy paws getting onto the side of the seat.
Old Jul 22nd 2016, 8:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anian
You can always Scotchguard the seats so they won't stain. Still need to vacuum up the masses of crumbs though.
It's more of the spilt drink, throw up or pee that I am concerned about. It has Yes Essentials® covers, but I don't believe the marketing.

YES Essentials®

Last edited by mrken30; Jul 22nd 2016 at 8:46 am.
Old Jul 22nd 2016, 9:02 am
BE Forum Addict

kodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond repute

It's more of the spilt drink, throw up or pee that I am concerned about. It has Yes Essentials® covers, but I don't believe the marketing.

YES Essentials®
Drink - only allow water
Pee - while potty training, put disposable absorbent, plastic-backed changing mats on the car seats
Throw up - ummm... hope for the best on this one...
Old Jul 22nd 2016, 10:07 am
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kodokan
Drink - only allow water
Pee - while potty training, put disposable absorbent, plastic-backed changing mats on the car seats
Throw up - ummm... hope for the best on this one...
No kids, but I use a great product called Anti-icky-poo for doggie accidents. Available on Amazon. I prefer the unscented, but appear to be in the minority among friends who use it !
Old Jul 22nd 2016, 10:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
No kids, but I use a great product called Anti-icky-poo for doggie accidents. Available on Amazon. I prefer the unscented, but appear to be in the minority among friends who use it !
Thanks, just looked up the website. Looks like just the job.

Remove human and pet (especially dog and cat), urine, feces, vomit and many other waste causing odors and stains permanently with our Proven, Organic and Environmentally Safe cleaning solution.
Old Jul 22nd 2016, 10:46 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, just looked up the website. Looks like just the job.

Remove human and pet (especially dog and cat), urine, feces, vomit and many other waste causing odors and stains permanently with our Proven, Organic and Environmentally Safe cleaning solution.
I use something similar. I buy it in Canada but you may be able to get hold of it in the US or via Internet. It is excellent.

http://www.naturecleanliving.com/pet...dour_remover_0

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Jul 22nd 2016 at 10:48 am. Reason: Forgot link
Old Jul 22nd 2016, 10:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I use something similar. I buy it in Canada but you may be able to get hold of it in the US or via Internet. It is excellent.

Pet Stain & Odour Remover | Nature Clean
will also get out ‘people stains’ , sounds interesting.
Old Jul 22nd 2016, 1:49 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

will also get out ‘people stains’ , sounds interesting.
Old Jul 22nd 2016, 10:54 pm
She'll be right

Pom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond repute

Spent the day with some friends and their toddler. I asked dad what 2 year olds are really like and his reply was "well, they're basically bi-polar little germ buckets." Can always count on dad's to speak the truth
Old Jul 24th 2016, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

Teckelspass has a reputation beyond reputeTeckelspass has a reputation beyond reputeTeckelspass has a reputation beyond reputeTeckelspass has a reputation beyond reputeTeckelspass has a reputation beyond reputeTeckelspass has a reputation beyond reputeTeckelspass has a reputation beyond reputeTeckelspass has a reputation beyond reputeTeckelspass has a reputation beyond reputeTeckelspass has a reputation beyond reputeTeckelspass has a reputation beyond repute

Ugh DD has been running a fever since Friday night. Took her to the doctor on Saturday and couldn't find any known cause (ear infection, bladder infection etc) so likely just a virus. Was so hoping it would break today so she could go to daycare tomorrow, but it hasn't yet. Because we both work, I find that one of the most stressful things about these minor childhood illnesses is not the illness itself (although it is stressful and tiring enough with a little one who doesnt understand) but the negotiation of who takes off work, re-working schedules etc. Especially for those of us who have no grandparents or other relatives around to help out. And at least here in California, sick babysitting costs an arm and a leg, and then you don't feel good about leaving them with another person anyway!

Sorry for the moan. Just a bit tired and demoralized. This too will pass...they say.
Old Jul 24th 2016, 4:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Teckelspass
Ugh DD has been running a fever since Friday night. Took her to the doctor on Saturday and couldn't find any known cause (ear infection, bladder infection etc) so likely just a virus. Was so hoping it would break today so she could go to daycare tomorrow, but it hasn't yet. Because we both work, I find that one of the most stressful things about these minor childhood illnesses is not the illness itself (although it is stressful and tiring enough with a little one who doesnt understand) but the negotiation of who takes off work, re-working schedules etc. Especially for those of us who have no grandparents or other relatives around to help out. And at least here in California, sick babysitting costs an arm and a leg, and then you don't feel good about leaving them with another person anyway!

Sorry for the moan. Just a bit tired and demoralized. This too will pass...they say.
My last employer gave us 10 days paid FMLA which was nice. My new job everyone just "works from home" when their kids is sick. I tend to not get much work done when my kid is at home sick.

I'm just finished repairing the mistakes I made when I was working from the intensive care room when my kid was really sick. Surprisingly enough my mind wasn't focused on my work, but I didn't want to take days off unpaid. So I just spent 2 weeks fixing the problems that took me 4 days to create.
Old Jul 25th 2016, 2:24 am
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute

California has now mandated 3 state sick days that can be used for care of a sick child
Old Jul 25th 2016, 3:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by markonline1
California has now mandated 3 state sick days that can be used for care of a sick child
Oregon has too, but if my company forces you to take PTO for holidays , which leaves none for sick time. Companies think they are clever when they find work arounds, but all it does is reduce efficiency and moral. Things that should take a few days at my last company , take weeks at my new. My last company gave people down time, the new company does not. So nobody wins.
Old Jul 25th 2016, 3:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

Because we both work, I find that one of the most stressful things about these minor childhood illnesses is ... the negotiation of who takes off work... etc.
I hope it does pass, and good luck with that! It was a huge problem for my wife and me, years ago. In the end I quit work when our one-and-only was six and became a house-husband for the next five years. It turned out to be the greatest job I've ever had, and I loved every minute of it. Mind you, there were a few domestic squabbles about the quality of the housework during that time. My wife took a while to recognise that I was simply more efficient than she had been, and that half an hour a day was plenty time enough to keep a clean house. Ah well...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.