Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Taking your gun to another state drama...

Taking your gun to another state drama...

Old Apr 7th 2009, 5:51 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Taking your gun to another state drama...

Originally Posted by Bill_S
Gun nuts start fights in emergency rooms every day... right.

Since 1995 I've worked in a large urban hospital with a very busy emergency department. I've never heard of a "gun nut fight" in all that time.

Shame on me for responding to the troll again, but I couldn't help myself this time.
I live in Texas and only very rarely get shot to bits.
Old Apr 7th 2009, 5:53 am
Banned

exvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie66
That's what Lee Harvey Oswald said.

I know a guy in Belfast who says that - he is a rear gunner in a bread van
Old Apr 7th 2009, 5:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Bill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by exvj
I notice that certain members have a stock of buzz words like 'troll' which they wheel out every now and then to try and clinch their weak arguments (or no arguments) by devaluing people's posts

It's a cheap shot
Speaking of weak arguments and cheap shots, I'll be happy to review any data you have about those daily gun nut fights in emergency rooms.
Old Apr 7th 2009, 5:56 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

That's what Lee Harvey Oswald said.

I know a guy in Belfast who says that - he is a rear gunner in a bread van
Have you ever been the victim of a gun crime?
Old Apr 7th 2009, 5:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Speaking of weak arguments and cheap shots, I'll be happy to review any data you have about those daily gun nut fights in emergency rooms.
Someone's been watching too much television!
Old Apr 7th 2009, 6:01 am
Banned

exvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond repute

I should have refined that some and instead of saying 'gun nut', I should have described it better as 'people who only think of their own rights, and won't give to the common good'

Go into any emergency ward in the UK and you will see huge posters warning people about assaulting the staff - and every unemployment office and many doctor's surgeries

If there is a physical incident involving children, then parents are always questioned and many of them react very badly and it can result in violence.

I am suggesting that people who are more 'community good' oriented are less likely to react in that way and more likely to understand the necessity of being questioned

I am coming to the conclusion that shooters who won't conceed at all to the 'wider good' arguments are being selfish in the same way

I should have used all these words to explain rather than 'gun nut' - my fault
Old Apr 7th 2009, 6:03 am

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

Here we are in the tender clutches of waste managment and the list of do's and don'ts is as long as..... well we won't go into that
and we pay a lot

My property tax and town tax and irrigation tax etc are much higher here than the UK and they wont even call to pick up an old settee free like they do in England and they make you clear the public footpath yourself and they dont clear the snow on the road for weeks. I reckon UK local authorities are rubbish, but fractionally less rubbish than the American version - ok the Washington version - I have no knowlege of Florida snow clearing
In TX, the list of dos and don'ts is non-existent compared to England. I don't have to pick through my trash, putting different stuff into different bins (none of which are big enough) according to a list (which changes at random intervals) for collection every other week, even in high summer (if I'm lucky). I just chuck it all in a dumpster in the alley, which is plenty big enough, and it goes away.

Plus, the cost of refuse disposal is itemized on my monthly water bill, so I can see exactly what I'm paying (not much) for what I get (all I need).
Old Apr 7th 2009, 6:04 am

Me too. Though I did recently by a very nice shotgun.
Old Apr 7th 2009, 6:06 am
Banned

Have you ever been the victim of a gun crime?
I have had a rifle stuck in my stomach but that's all - it tickled a bit

These good 'ole boys round here are all packin' I bet and I sometimes wonder about having a fender bender with their giant red trucks and what might happen when we step out into the road

Me having another bulge in my pants wouldn't help I am sure
Old Apr 7th 2009, 6:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

I should have refined that some and instead of saying 'gun nut', I should have described it better as 'people who only think of their own rights, and won't give to the common good'
At the risk of sounding paranoid - this does sound a bit communist!

They used to make people cut their hair you know, for the common good!
Old Apr 7th 2009, 6:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I have had a rifle stuck in my stomach but that's all - it tickled a bit

These good 'ole boys round here are all packin' I bet and I sometimes wonder about having a fender bender with their giant red trucks and what might happen when we step out into the road

Me having another bulge in my pants wouldn't help I am sure
Who was living in fear again...??
Old Apr 7th 2009, 6:11 am
Banned

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
At the risk of sounding paranoid - this does sound a bit communist!

They used to make people cut their hair you know, for the common good!
Think of it as paying tax to buy more weapons for the military - that's a sacrifice for the common good and not too communist I would suggest

heck I have been called a troll and a communist and all before I finished this coffee !

What next, a pinko transvestite with a fear of metal objects ?
Old Apr 7th 2009, 6:15 am
Banned

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
Who was living in fear again...??
Exactly ! I do ! I wake to the sound of full bore pistols on the range near me and dogies (little cow things) being lassoed and 7 litre engines

Cheltenham this is not and I am sure that many of em carry guns - I can see me being as polite as them if I do get involved in a car accident
Old Apr 7th 2009, 6:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Bill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond repute

Go into any emergency ward in the UK and you will see huge posters warning people about assaulting the staff - and every unemployment office and many doctor's surgeries

If there is a physical incident involving children, then parents are always questioned and many of them react very badly and it can result in violence.

I am suggesting that people who are more 'community good' oriented are less likely to react in that way and more likely to understand the necessity of being questioned

I am coming to the conclusion that shooters who won't conceed at all to the 'wider good' arguments are being selfish in the same way

I should have used all these words to explain rather than 'gun nut' - my fault

I've read some confusing stream-of-conciousness posts on BE before, but you take the cake. I've never heard anyone try to connect the dots between a poster in a UK doctor's surgery and US gun owners.
Old Apr 7th 2009, 6:25 am

I've read some confusing stream-of-conciousness posts on BE before, but you take the cake. I've never heard anyone try to connect the dots between a poster in a UK doctor's surgery and US gun owners.
I think he's failing to grasp the we're not all chavs living on council estates.*

* Some of us are rednecks, living in trailers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.