Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Taking your gun to another state drama...

Wikiposts

Taking your gun to another state drama...

Old Apr 6th 2009, 8:33 am
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Taking your gun to another state drama...

Originally Posted by exvj
Wrong -you report to the teacher and they are dealt with effectively. Violence begets violence in that situation and most bullies are bigger than you and most bullied kids lose out if they try and fight back - it's not like the films you know
You're really good, you know. I'm enjoying this!

Chartreuse makes a brilliant point regarding the stabbings in the UK.

Can I ask you something, exvj? Let's say you were in Knesset. How would change Israel's defense policy? Should they just "try and get along" with their neighbors?
Should they acquiesce like France did to they Nazis?

There are nasty people out there. They should be dealt with sternly and forcefully. As Roosevelt said, walk softly, carry a big stick. And that way, people are less likely to take advantage of you.
Old Apr 6th 2009, 8:33 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paul1968mcr
Few know that Dylan Klebold, one of the two Columbine killers, closely was following Colorado legislation that would have allowed citizens to carry a concealed handgun. Klebold strongly opposed the legislation and openly talked about it.

No wonder, as the bill being debated would have allowed permitted guns to be carried on school property. It is quite a coincidence that he attacked the Columbine High School the very day the legislature was scheduled to vote on the bill.

Despite the lack of news coverage, people are beginning to notice what research has shown for years: Multiple-victim public shootings keep occurring in places where guns already are banned. Forty states have broad right-to-carry laws, but even within these states it is the "gun-free zones," not other public places, where the attacks happen.
More significantly, it was Hitler's birthday.
Old Apr 6th 2009, 8:37 am
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
I don't have any make my day fantasies
ok so maybe I'm 1 for 2 in your particular case

I'm sorry you view my beliefs with such disdain.
not so much disdain, more ........sorrow
Old Apr 6th 2009, 8:38 am
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

Billions of blue blistering barnacles!

You clearly are ignorant of history and human nature, my friend.

Violence begets violence? Is there good violence? Should we not have stood up to the Nazis? Or to the communists?

Even Bapu Gandhi realized what human nature is: "Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest."
Old Apr 6th 2009, 8:39 am
Peace onion

Originally Posted by Leslie66
More significantly, it was Hitler's birthday.
And 4:20. Most of what people know about Columbine isn't true though.
Old Apr 6th 2009, 8:40 am
Carmel Indiana

paul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond repute

What do you recommend for school bullies ?

a 9mm slug between the eyes or a glock 40 ?

hollowpoint perhaps ? slot em with one or two ?

It's the little fat kid with the jam jar bottom glasses who gets bullied and you want him to go punch a star football player ?

You have seen to many films and it doesn't work out gloriously like it should

The people on here who think violence and hatred and killing, are sowing the seeds of the next generation of mall killers

The cycle of violence needs to be broken - not by more and more killing - america has tried that for centuries and look where we are today

It doesnt work and history has proved it
Yawn...ur actually gettin' abit boring now.

Not all bullys are your sterotypical jocks you know....who's been watching too many films??? Some are just little pricks, who pick on whoever they think they'll be able to - well thats my experience.
Old Apr 6th 2009, 8:42 am
Banned

exvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond repute

You're really good, you know. I'm enjoying this!

Chartreuse makes a brilliant point regarding the stabbings in the UK.

Can I ask you something, exvj? Let's say you were in Knesset. How would change Israel's defense policy? Should they just "try and get along" with their neighbors?
Should they acquiesce like France did to they Nazis?

There are nasty people out there. They should be dealt with sternly and forcefully. As Roosevelt said, walk softly, carry a big stick. And that way, people are less likely to take advantage of you.
How's Israel doing so far after 60 years of doing it your way ?

All their neighbours trying to get nuclear weapons to incinerate them and blood in the streets - your methods don't seem to be working for them really

Still it's bound to work soon ? They will be feared and respected..then there will be peace ?

As for Roosevelt, it's a pity that the USA didnt stand up to Europe's bully in 1939 instead of leaving it to the Brits to stand alone for more than two years and then sitting on their hands for 2 more years while the Russians lost 20 million people doing the job for them and rolling the nazis right back just in time for the US to carry out a 'mopping up' operation and then claim they had won the war
Old Apr 6th 2009, 8:42 am
Peace onion

Originally Posted by elfman
ok so maybe I'm 1 for 2 in your particular case

not so much disdain, more ........sorrow
Thanks for your pity, Elfman. I am touched.
Old Apr 6th 2009, 8:44 am
Peace onion

As for Roosevelt, it's a pity that the USA didnt stand up to Europe's bully in 1939 instead of leaving it to the Brits to stand alone for more than two years and then sitting on their hands for 2 more years while the Russians lost 20 million people doing the job for them and rolling the nazis right back just in time for the US to carry out a 'mopping up' operation and then claim they had won the war
Please answer my question: is violence ever justified?
Old Apr 6th 2009, 8:47 am
Carmel Indiana

paul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond repute

Billions of blue blistering barnacles!

You clearly are ignorant of history and human nature, my friend.

Violence begets violence? Is there good violence? Should we not have stood up to the Nazis? Or to the communists?

Even Bapu Gandhi realized what human nature is: "Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest."
USA's "gun culture" gave the Japanese second thoughts about invading too apparently - according to an unsourced quote from Yamamoto.

"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass".
Old Apr 6th 2009, 8:49 am
Banned

exvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond repute

Please answer my question: is violence ever justified?

Yes

but you have to be clever enough to know when, and how much is appropriate

- and unfortunately, a lot of people don't know that and they are allowed to carry guns

That's why gun control is needed
Old Apr 6th 2009, 8:51 am
Banned

Originally Posted by paul1968mcr
USA's "gun culture" gave the Japanese second thoughts about invading too apparently - according to an unsourced quote from Yamamoto.

"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass".
Didnt help at pearl harbor
Old Apr 6th 2009, 8:56 am
Peace onion

Yes

but you have to be clever enough to know when, and how much is appropriate

- and unfortunately, a lot of people don't know that and they are allowed to carry guns

That's why gun control is needed
I see.

So are you back, or did you just not go? On the bike ride.
Old Apr 6th 2009, 8:58 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

And 4:20. Most of what people know about Columbine isn't true though.
Did they smoke pot?
Old Apr 6th 2009, 8:58 am
Banned

ok this isn't fair and if brains were gunpowder, my opponents wouldn't have enough to blow their hats off

So I will go and enjoy the sunshine while I can because when gun control comes in, the place is going to be full of Japanese apparently.

Actually, living in Washington State, it already is !

and I say welcome - coz they smile so much and dont look like they want to be feared....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.