Wikiposts

Sweet 16 Party

Old Jan 29th 2008, 6:30 am
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sweet 16 Party

Originally Posted by hatfield1
Yup that’s kind of what I was thinking. I might even buy a cake….. A small inexpensive one…
oh...don't go too overboard...
Old Jan 29th 2008, 6:32 am
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
It's a lot of fun....noisy, but a great chance to take some fun photo's.

My mother "won" a ride around Oxford in one, her insurance bloke, top guy, very high up basically fixed it so she would win the company prize when he found out my brother had been killed as something to take her mind off things. We both loved it.
Sounds like your mum needed it and I'm really glad she enjoyed it....

Hmmm....something to put on my "wish list"...thats for sure...
Old Jan 29th 2008, 6:42 am
Queen of my house

tamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond repute

I don’t think it will take long for our kids to realize we are some poor sods. Luck for us we live close to Tijuana so we can buy them cheap knock off stuff and they can feel fancy.
My daughter was always into the thrift shop thing. Her and her friends got pretty competitive at it on who got the coolest stuff for least amount of money. She still liked getting new stuff, but she liked to be 'unique.' For prom one year, we went to a really cool shop and got her a vintage 50s dress...she looked like a modern Audrey Hepburn for a fraction of the cost.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 7:47 am
BE Forum Addict

bevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond repute

Whatever I do she will be the only kid playing Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep at her party. When she first heard it she hated it but now she and her friends sing along to it as we drive around.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 7:56 am
Last orders please...

Originally Posted by bevinva
Whatever I do she will be the only kid playing Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep at her party. When she first heard it she hated it but now she and her friends sing along to it as we drive around.
you mean the "where's your mama gone" song....
Old Jan 29th 2008, 8:07 am
BE Forum Addict

bevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lisag8070
you mean the "where's your mama gone" song....
That's the one.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 8:13 am
Last orders please...

That's the one.
god its been a long time since I've heard that one...
Old Jan 29th 2008, 8:16 am
BE Forum Addict

I heard it on Radio 2 one day and felt like a kid again. I can neither confirm nor deny that I downloaded it from Limewire.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 8:20 am
Last orders please...

I heard it on Radio 2 one day and felt like a kid again. I can neither confirm nor deny that I downloaded it from Limewire.
Forgive me if I upset anyone with this,

It was always part of a joke when I was a kid

Whats the definition of Cruelty:

Walking into an Orphanage singing "where's your mama gone"...

which is how I first came to know about the song and listened to it...it really is a catchy tune...

and by the way...I think you've just confirmed it....
Old Jan 29th 2008, 8:30 am
BE Forum Addict

I also feel if I once had it on vinyl it's not stealing!
Old Jan 29th 2008, 8:34 am
Last orders please...

I also feel if I once had it on vinyl it's not stealing!
thats your excuse and your sticking to it....hmmm
Old Jan 29th 2008, 9:25 am
gurt mint nit?

Xebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond repute

I don’t think it will take long for our kids to realize we are some poor sods. Luck for us we live close to Tijuana so we can buy them cheap knock off stuff and they can feel fancy.
"Mexican silver's what true loves made."
(J. Strummer, RIP)
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 12:53 am
lush

Juswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond repute

oh THAT's gonna be stuck in my head all day now!
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 3:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

The sweet 16 party she went to was last night, about 60 guests. On a sad note, a boy who went to school with all of them killed himself on thursday. There was a bowl to put notes for the family in at the party, and his stepbrother and two friends stopped by to say a few words. He was not a child you would ever expect to do this. So even if they are materialistic at times we should just love our kids and be open to listen to them no matter what they have to tell us.

She is worried about keeping it together at the viewing, so am I.
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 3:40 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

The sweet 16 party she went to was last night, about 60 guests. On a sad note, a boy who went to school with all of them killed himself on thursday. There was a bowl to put notes for the family in at the party, and his stepbrother and two friends stopped by to say a few words. He was not a child you would ever expect to do this. So even if they are materialistic at times we should just love our kids and be open to listen to them no matter what they have to tell us.

She is worried about keeping it together at the viewing, so am I.
My daughter's best high school friend died of cancer in her first year at uni. We supported her the best we could but she was 500 miles away. I found out several months later she had to seek help from the uni's counsellor. It turned out alright in the end...for our family at least. Just keep your eye on her.

Her best friend at uni tried to commit suicide around this time last year...our daughter turned out to be a pillar of strength to her parents. They would call her in tears...at their wits end and she would comfort them and still does.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.