Sweet 16 Party

Old Jan 28th 2008, 10:39 pm
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sweet 16 Party

Originally Posted by chicagojlo
My favorite line in that show is 'I deserve it' - why exactly do you deserve a $100k car?! Because you did what exactly?! Showed up in the world? My 4 year old is not going to be watching that show for a very long time. I love the trashy ones where the parents clearly have no idea of what the word tasteful means. Where they spent all that money and they still look like trailer trash!
Originally Posted by Juswus
that show pisses me off beyond belief....but I can't help but watch it if i come across it....AARRGHGHHH...I do my own head in!!!

Yes this show is like a train wreck.....its horrible but you just can't look away or turn over....it truely is disgusting the way the kids swan around like they are the bees knees all because Mommy and Daddy are paying for it all...

The bits that make my blood boil is when the kid is handing out the invites and acting like they're movie stars....they forget, the only reason why everybody's fawning all over them is because they want an invite....
Old Jan 29th 2008, 12:07 am
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

I've never experienced any of this. I must not run in the correct circles. Such a party when I was growing up would have likely meant a 12pack, a couple bottles of Boone's Farm and some quality backseat time.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 12:08 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
I've never experienced any of this. I must not run in the correct circles. Such a party when I was growing up would have likely meant a 12pack, a couple bottles of Boone's Farm and some quality backseat time.
Neither had I until I moved here...or the lavish graduation parties...weddings etc etc etc.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 12:12 am
In Orange County, CA.

cybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Very normal occurrence in this area of the States. Most parties for sweet 16 are large and catered in a hall or banquet place. Dress could be semi-formal to formal and will include a DJ, sit down food or at the very least a large buffet, dessert. Will cost the parents around 5 to 10 K
friggin' hell, my wedding wasnt much more than that!!
Old Jan 29th 2008, 12:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

My daughter was explaining very slowly, as if to a moron "You see Mum, it's important for girls to have a good party for their popularity..."
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Neither had I until I moved here...or the lavish graduation parties...weddings etc etc etc.
I guess that some of the wealthy types want to prove it to everyone else. I think they should be charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor.

Our wedding reception was less than $1500 bucks for over 100 guests and most of that was for the band. It wasn't fancy, but it was fun.
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

when we was younger we were just happy if we had a party and managed to sneak some cider in...
Old Jan 29th 2008, 12:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

I guess that some of the wealthy types want to prove it to everyone else. I think they should be charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor.

Our wedding reception was less than $1500 bucks for over 100 guests and most of that was for the band. It wasn't fancy, but it was fun.
I don't really understand why one has to have all the fancy table decorations and what-nots for weddings, a meal, a couple of speeches and some dancing seems fine.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 12:30 am
Last orders please...

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
I don't really understand why one has to have all the fancy table decorations and what-nots for weddings, a meal, a couple of speeches and some dancing seems fine.
thats what our wedding was all about....nothing fancy, we wanted to spend the bit of money we did have on a big ol knees up, we didn't care about table linens and flowers....we just wanted everybody to have a good time and dance the night away...
Old Jan 29th 2008, 12:34 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hey ours was at the Registrar's Office...his parents and sister...my parents, sister and husband. Lunch at a nearby pub followed...then we all went back to MIL's for more drinks. It was a fabulous, hot, sunny June day. That was almost 29 years ago.

No honeymoon for us...that went on the deposit for the house.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Jan 29th 2008 at 12:42 am.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 12:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

What a sensible lot we are
Old Jan 29th 2008, 12:43 am
Last orders please...

What a sensible lot we are
yea we're all about the that why...
Old Jan 29th 2008, 12:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by lisag8070
yea we're all about the that why...
You tend not to notice the fancy table linens when you're reeling about in a stupor
Old Jan 29th 2008, 12:57 am
Last orders please...

You tend not to notice the fancy table linens when you're reeling about in a stupor
ahhh happy times....
Old Jan 29th 2008, 1:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by lisag8070
ahhh happy times....
Certainly were

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.