So, I'm new...

Old Nov 30th 2008, 4:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So, I'm new...

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Hello Sally, great name

Oi what's wrong with crocs????
What's right with crocs?
Old Nov 30th 2008, 4:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kaffy Mintcake
What's right with crocs?
They're washable
Old Nov 30th 2008, 4:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
They're washable
Well that's true. I suppose I could see wearing them in the garden - do you wear them out and about?
Old Nov 30th 2008, 5:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Norri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond repute

Where people could see? surely not?
Old Nov 30th 2008, 8:26 am
Flaky Red-headed Goodness

SallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Norri
Where people could see? surely not?

I don't own any crocs or any flipflops. It's heels, cute boots and strappy sandals all the way for me. Kentucky isn't going to know what's hit it and I dread to think what's going to happen when I drift onto campus in a haze of glitter and satin. I think I might look just a wee bit out of place

I do have some Birkenstocks though - OH hates them - and a pair of 'nature' shoes. They're these odd things for walking in, with holes. By some brand called Keen, I think? Anyway, they're mightily comfortable I must confess. Oh, and I have a wicked pair of cowboy boots although I'm presently craving a shiny black pair by Lucchese but at £399 I can't quite justify it...

I have to say goodbye to 63 pairs of shoes tomorrow. I've whittled it down to 10 pairs that I just can't live without, the rest will go with the movers. They're insured for £1500 which is terrifying! Let's not even get started on the clothes

Loving the way this thread has evolved into a chatty hybrid sort of place by the way

Had a leaving party for the girls last night. 25 pre-teens, 25 8 year olds and a lot of really loud music. They had fun though. Today, my front window is being removed as my lovely chocolate brown leather suite (there's a very interesting story about its acquisition that I might share one day) is being sold and it's too big to go through the front door. Since it's -3 outside I think we're going to get cold. And my oldest, bestest friend is driving 100 miles with her family to come and say goodbye I bought Krispy Kreme doughnuts though, to help make things better

Hope everyone is having a fun kind of day
Old Nov 30th 2008, 12:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma

What's wrong with flip flops???

I must be at the bottom of the slippery slope then....

and I like to wear crocs as well
LOVE my crocs.

What's right with crocs?
They're comfortable. Extremely comfortable.

(and for my wierd feet some of the only shoes that are comfortable)
Old Nov 30th 2008, 12:17 pm
Dizzy Blonde

clarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SallyCinnamon

I don't own any crocs or any flipflops. It's heels, cute boots and strappy sandals all the way for me. Kentucky isn't going to know what's hit it and I dread to think what's going to happen when I drift onto campus in a haze of glitter and satin. I think I might look just a wee bit out of place
You are a girl after my own heart!

I'm a heels and boots girl as well..... Flat shoes are a big no-no in our house for a couple of reasons - First of all I'm only 5'1 and hubby is 6'4 so I need the extra lift, but also my hubby's ex was a very 'country' girl (from kentucky ) and never wore make up, lived in sweatpants and flipflops, and always had her hair scraped back. Now don't get me wrong, I've always been a girly girl, but to have a partner that really appreciates it when you make an effort and are the complete opposite to what they are used to gives you the extra incentive to keep it up and not change just to 'fit in'.

ps.... not saying that anyone who wears flip flops is like the ex
Old Nov 30th 2008, 3:51 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

I've never been drawn to crocs.
Doesn't wearing plastic clogs in 100 degree weather make your feet stink to high heaven? Plus they look clunky even though I know they weight nothing.
Old Nov 30th 2008, 4:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Well that's true. I suppose I could see wearing them in the garden - do you wear them out and about?
I used to but I kind of got the message

Originally Posted by Tracym
LOVE my crocs.

They're comfortable. Extremely comfortable.

(and for my wierd feet some of the only shoes that are comfortable)
Yes I have weird feet too. Somebody 'pogo'd' on one of them at a student dance and it always swells up.

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
I've never been drawn to crocs.
Doesn't wearing plastic clogs in 100 degree weather make your feet stink to high heaven? Plus they look clunky even though I know they weight nothing.

They're more like a kind of neoprene that isn't sweaty.
Old Nov 30th 2008, 11:33 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

My 82 year old mother has a pair!!!
Old Dec 1st 2008, 12:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clarissageo
You are a girl after my own heart!

I'm a heels and boots girl as well..... Flat shoes are a big no-no in our house for a couple of reasons - First of all I'm only 5'1 and hubby is 6'4 so I need the extra lift, but also my hubby's ex was a very 'country' girl (from kentucky ) and never wore make up, lived in sweatpants and flipflops, and always had her hair scraped back. Now don't get me wrong, I've always been a girly girl, but to have a partner that really appreciates it when you make an effort and are the complete opposite to what they are used to gives you the extra incentive to keep it up and not change just to 'fit in'.

Uh oh...I'm in trouble since I'm one of those KY girls that could care less about wearing makeup, and I live in jean and t-shirts. Unfortunately for me, due to foot issues and lack of balance, heels are pretty much out for me (except for the odd occasion). I do love shoes and boots, they just seem to hate me. And I absolutely refuse to walk around in pain just to wear a cute pair. I've never understood women willing to be in pain or discomfort for the sake of style. Fashion just isn't that important to me. The OH seems ok with that...for the most part.
Old Dec 1st 2008, 1:02 am
Dizzy Blonde

clarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond repute

Oh crap....... I must learn not to stereotype

Although atm it looks like it could be a bit of a non-issue for me considering the blazing row I've just had with OH resulting in me telling him to shove the visa application where the sun don't shine!
Old Dec 1st 2008, 1:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Although atm it looks like it could be a bit of a non-issue for me considering the blazing row I've just had with OH resulting in me telling him to shove the visa application where the sun don't shine!
No worries..just don't judge a book by it's cover! I'm not slovenly dressed by any means, and I do dress up when the occassion calls for it, I just don't feel the need to impress my fellow co-workers with my cosmetic abilties (or lack thereof) everyday. And unlike your hubby's ex, there's no way I could wear my hair up in a ponytail since I have a pixie cut that is about an inch long in the back, which I spike out, and short layers on top and sides.

Hmmm..we've had an immigration fight a few times. The frustration of dealing with the US bureaucracy can get to everyone.
Old Dec 1st 2008, 10:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Oh dear, I am sorry about the fight. Immigration is a terribly stressful thing. I hope it all works out for you.
Old Dec 1st 2008, 12:45 pm
Banned

englishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond repute

I bloody hope not, if you come down here you'll see that 90% of the female population live in them for 9 months of the year!
Only 50% of the male population do though

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.