Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

the Scottish independence issue

the Scottish independence issue

Old Mar 21st 2014, 5:07 pm
Forum Regular

nicola s has a reputation beyond reputenicola s has a reputation beyond reputenicola s has a reputation beyond reputenicola s has a reputation beyond reputenicola s has a reputation beyond reputenicola s has a reputation beyond reputenicola s has a reputation beyond reputenicola s has a reputation beyond reputenicola s has a reputation beyond reputenicola s has a reputation beyond reputenicola s has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: the Scottish independence issue

by that logic so is 92%
Old Mar 21st 2014, 5:17 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nicola s
by that logic so is 92%
So if your boss told you you were getting an 8% pay cut you'd be happy because you were still keeping 92%

Definitely a glass half full sort of approach
Old Mar 21st 2014, 5:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

neilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond repute

by that logic so is 92%
Hi Nicola,how did Osbournes budget go down,was there dancing in the streets at cutting tax on bingo and a penny off a pint? The Sunday Post ,you can still buy that??
Old Mar 21st 2014, 5:22 pm
Forum Regular

nicola s has a reputation beyond reputenicola s has a reputation beyond reputenicola s has a reputation beyond reputenicola s has a reputation beyond reputenicola s has a reputation beyond reputenicola s has a reputation beyond reputenicola s has a reputation beyond reputenicola s has a reputation beyond reputenicola s has a reputation beyond reputenicola s has a reputation beyond reputenicola s has a reputation beyond repute

yorkie abroad, I actually am taking a pay cut our poor under budgeted councils have had to over the years,
I am losing allowances next month that add up to about that and yes I do still feel grateful that I have a Job I know many who have lost theirs
I am always an optimist
Right now we don't have the 100% so im thinking 92% is pretty decent
Old Mar 21st 2014, 5:24 pm
Forum Regular

Neil, I have been working so hardly had time to discuss with anyone however I think its been pretty much a dud with what iv seen on my FB newsfeed today
I don't do bingo nor beer the only thing I want to look into is the savings thing and see if that transfers if the yes vote happens
Old Mar 21st 2014, 5:30 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

92% of, say a renewable resource, which money strictly speaking isn't but there is at least some 'replacement' is fine.

92% of a finite resource, like oil, is a different story. One has to take the glass-half-empty approach because if the 8% decrease stays linear, next year that'll be 8% off the 92% (so down to 84% off the 2013 total) and so on.

Factor in exponential decreases and you could be down to 50% and beyond very quickly.
Old Mar 21st 2014, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

Neil ps yes its still going strong
Old Mar 21st 2014, 5:33 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Makes me laugh, you read all the crap about Austerity, I missed the post WW2 era but I was told enough about that.

A lot of people are in for a very nasty shock, with or without a YES.
Old Mar 21st 2014, 5:34 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

yorkie abroad, I actually am taking a pay cut our poor under budgeted councils have had to over the years,
I am losing allowances next month that add up to about that and yes I do still feel grateful that I have a Job I know many who have lost theirs
I am always an optimist
Right now we don't have the 100% so im thinking 92% is pretty decent
And if your pay keeps getting cut at the same rate as the north sea production forecasts, would you stay with the company, or look elsewhere for a better paycheck?
Old Mar 21st 2014, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

yes and that will still buy time for looking at other sources and is likely to be global as deep sea drilling becoming more common worldwide and new learning all the time
even the No campaign have been realistic is saying at least 20 years and it wont depreciate at that level every year that is not the projection for year on year
As i have stated though its still more to use for investment than we have had
Old Mar 21st 2014, 5:40 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Oil is not infinite. It's not renewable unless you want to wait a few hundred million years. North Sea Oil is not a long term investment, whatever side of the fence you fall on.

Not sure if I worded that as well as I could, I hope the general point is in there somewhere. Either way, I may only be Scottish by descent but I still think the Union is stronger with Scotland in it, and vice versa.
Old Mar 21st 2014, 5:43 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
92% of, say a renewable resource, which money strictly speaking isn't but there is at least some 'replacement' is fine.

92% of a finite resource, like oil, is a different story. One has to take the glass-half-empty approach because if the 8% decrease stays linear, next year that'll be 8% off the 92% (so down to 84% off the 2013 total) and so on.

Factor in exponential decreases and you could be down to 50% and beyond very quickly.
Mathematically, if it decreases by 8% a year, it will never run out.
Old Mar 21st 2014, 5:45 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by dunroving
Mathematically, if it decreases by 8% a year, it will never run out.
It was poorly executed but you get the gist, I hope
Old Mar 21st 2014, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

Yorkie abroad i am in a fortunate position however i do have a social conscience and also do voluntary so depends on what you value most.

Nobody works in health and social care positions (where you actually spend time with people) for the high wages so i guess the answer is depends how much i need

So many people are basing this argument on finances and i know it is very important and it depends what you read and believe as to how you see the financial forecast

However I am voting yes on principle and find it very bizarre that so many find this difficult to fathom.

I do believe there are enough clever people in this wee Country to manage to sort it out.

Something my old Pop used to say when i was wee.......... just let a housewife who has had to manage to feed her family on tuppence sort out the budget and then see what happens.
Old Mar 21st 2014, 5:46 pm

yes and that will still buy time for looking at other sources and is likely to be global as deep sea drilling becoming more common worldwide and new learning all the time
even the No campaign have been realistic is saying at least 20 years and it wont depreciate at that level every year that is not the projection for year on year
As i have stated though its still more to use for investment than we have had
Didn't realize you were in the voluntary sector. Kudos. Must be nice to be able to afford the philanthropic lifestyle.

To be honest, the blinkers are so tightly drawn, all that remains is hope that someone will loosen them before September.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.