Renaissance Fair

Old Jun 4th 2010, 2:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Macca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Renaissance Fair

Originally Posted by gingerert
Mars' Cheese Castle is an absolute must-see, whenever we have friends or family come over. I'd pass it everyday on my way to and from work, and it always cracked me up. Only see it now when we travel south to go to Woodman's.
Then it's possible our paths might've crossed in that Prince amongst Cheese Castles. You aren't that ginger haired bird that was caught trying to half-inch a lb of Wisconsin Camembert and a Raspberry Kringle down the front of her trousers last month, are you?
Old Jun 4th 2010, 2:25 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

When my son was 3, he announced he wanted to be a Black Knight when he grew up.
Old Jun 4th 2010, 2:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Macca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrEmjoy
With the what now??

Do you live in WI by the way?
Forget your Renaissance Faire, matey. MCC is at the head of the Kenosha triumvirate of Cheese Emporiums that also includes Tim & Tom's and Bobby Nelsons. A great day out for all.

I split my time between Milwaukee & Edgewater hence my intimate knowledge of all three.
Old Jun 4th 2010, 2:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by cindyabs
Interesting. I've just finished reading a biography of The Black Prince.
Old Jun 4th 2010, 2:43 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Macca67
Interesting. I've just finished reading a biography of The Black Prince.

The Black PRince wasn't IMO, the embodiment of chivalry, but then that seemed to be the exception rather than the rule of those times. His wife seemed to be quite the hot ticket!!

There is an excellent portrait that has pride of place in the local museum-it's HUGE!!!
Attached Thumbnails Renaissance Fair-telfair_107.jpg  
Old Jun 4th 2010, 3:20 am
Not around much..

SDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond repute

When i grow up, I want to be the Dark Knight...hehe
Attached Thumbnails Renaissance Fair-dark-knight-14.jpg  
Old Jun 4th 2010, 3:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Bill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond repute

"It's just a flesh wound"
Old Jun 4th 2010, 3:25 am
Not around much..

SDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bill_S
"It's just a flesh wound"
"come back and fight"
Old Jun 4th 2010, 3:34 am
BE Forum Addict

The Black PRince wasn't IMO, the embodiment of chivalry, but then that seemed to be the exception rather than the rule of those times. His wife seemed to be quite the hot ticket!!
The book I read (Richard Barber) takes a similar view, ignoring Froissart's depiction of chivalry - most of which was nicked from Le Bel's patron funded manuscripts, and looks more at the official records and accounts of the time to test the chivalric notion.

Not sure about the 'lovely' Joan, though. Didn't they have to change the rules on cosanguinity to allow them to wed?

There is an excellent portrait that has pride of place in the local museum-it's HUGE!!!
Bigger please.
Old Jun 4th 2010, 4:08 am
Sursum corda

The book I read (Richard Barber) takes a similar view, ignoring Froissart's depiction of chivalry - most of which was nicked from Le Bel's patron funded manuscripts, and looks more at the official records and accounts of the time to test the chivalric notion.

Not sure about the 'lovely' Joan, though. Didn't they have to change the rules on cosanguinity to allow them to wed?

Bigger please.
http://www.georgiaencyclopedia.org/n...112&mid=m-2715

They were ALWAYS petitioning for the consanguinity-ie William and Matilda, that's how their two churches got built in Caen, as penance. It also came into play if the king wasn't happy with his wife, AFTER the fact, ie King John and wife number 1, he suddenly realized they shouldn't be married any more!!.
Attached Thumbnails Renaissance Fair-m-2715.gif  

Last edited by cindyabs; Jun 4th 2010 at 4:16 am.
Old Jun 4th 2010, 4:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Bill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond repute

Years ago on This American Life, Ira Glass took a real live British history professor to one of these Medieval Faire outfits near Chicago... the prof thought it was overdone nonsense but loved it anyway
Old Jun 4th 2010, 4:18 am
Sursum corda

Originally Posted by Bill_S
Years ago on This American Life, Ira Glass took a real live British history professor to one of these Medieval Faire outfits near Chicago... the prof thought it was overdone nonsense but loved it anyway
Eaxactly, if it's all in fun for fun who cares. Purists can visit Warwick Castle, etc.
Old Jun 4th 2010, 5:30 am
Not around much..

Eaxactly, if it's all in fun for fun who cares. Purists can visit Warwick Castle, etc.
Warwick castle is lovely...as are wenches in bosom hugging outfits at renaissance fairs...and medieval times
Old Jun 4th 2010, 5:32 am
fsm
So I am where?

fsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of light

Warwick Castle was fun, wife wanted to go so I agreed I really enjoyed it.
Old Jun 4th 2010, 6:38 am
Ginger Monkey

Gingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Mars Cheese Castle is on I-94 outside of Kenosha. Not too far north of the border if memory doesn't deal me a dog turd. I've never been there personally, though I have driven by it countless times. I've have heard it's good.
Forget your Renaissance Faire, matey. MCC is at the head of the Kenosha triumvirate of Cheese Emporiums that also includes Tim & Tom's and Bobby Nelsons. A great day out for all.
Anyone tried Tenuta's Italian Deli, in Kenosha? That's another great place to get cheese.

Gotta get cheese... it's Wisconsin!

Now we live in Racine and there is no cheese shop. I is sad face.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.