Wikiposts

Renaissance Fair

Old Jun 3rd 2010, 1:11 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Renaissance Fair

Originally Posted by robin1234
Apparently the two events coincided.

According to the respective Wikipedia articles,

"The Middle Ages (adjectival form: medieval or mediæval) is a period of European history from the 5th century through the 15th century."

"The Renaissance (French for "rebirth"; Italian: Rinascimento, from ri- "again" and nascere "be born")[1] was a cultural movement that spanned roughly the 14th to the 17th century, beginning in Florence in the Late Middle Ages and later spreading to the rest of Europe."

So, in the 14th & 15th centuries, both the middle ages and the renaissance were happening. Could have included jousting.
That crossed my mind as well, as for jousting think Edward III's reign.
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 1:12 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by chartreuse
Is that a shopping thing?
Typo's but too late to edit!

But yes, kind of.
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 1:27 pm
Ginger Monkey

Gingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234
Apparently the two events coincided.

According to the respective Wikipedia articles,

"The Middle Ages (adjectival form: medieval or mediæval) is a period of European history from the 5th century through the 15th century."

"The Renaissance (French for "rebirth"; Italian: Rinascimento, from ri- "again" and nascere "be born")[1] was a cultural movement that spanned roughly the 14th to the 17th century, beginning in Florence in the Late Middle Ages and later spreading to the rest of Europe."

So, in the 14th & 15th centuries, both the middle ages and the renaissance were happening. Could have included jousting.
Originally Posted by cindyabs
That crossed my mind as well, as for jousting think Edward III's reign.
You two are too darn keen on Google, my friends. Can't we all just agree that it's all too silly for words?
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 1:30 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Then I had to explain to him how the Ren Fair wasn't even American. lol
But that's the point.......it's totally American.
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 1:34 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gingerert
You two are too darn keen on Google, my friends. Can't we all just agree that it's all too silly for words?
Not google, it's me reading history all the time. I like Katherine Swynford,

I wouldn't mind getting all gussied up and playacting.
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 1:36 pm
Ginger Monkey

Gingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond repute

Not google, it's me reading history all the time. I like Katherine Swynford,

My OH and I have some British friends who live locally, and they're determined to drag me down there again this summer, kicking and screaming, and have me wearing some low-cut corset before the day is out.

I say: Bring it on. Let them just try it.
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 1:41 pm
Sursum corda

My OH and I have some British friends who live locally, and they're determined to drag me down there again this summer, kicking and screaming, and have me wearing some low-cut corset before the day is out.

I say: Bring it on. Let them just try it.
Save the lowcut corsetfor later, nudge, nudge, wink, wink.
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 1:44 pm
Ginger Monkey

Save the lowcut corsetfor later, nudge, nudge, wink, wink.
I'm going to buy one for you too, Cindy.
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 1:57 pm
Sursum corda

I'm going to buy one for you too, Cindy.

Let the puppies breathe!!
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 2:32 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

I thought that was a normal everyday occurence in your household
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 2:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Macca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrEmjoy
It's not so bad, if you take the piss out of all the 'British Accents' all day and cover your self in buy spray.
I know what you mean. That odd mixture of yokelese and Dick Van Dyke's "Cor-blimeyness."

I'll stick with the Mars Cheese Castle.
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 2:44 pm
Ginger Monkey

Originally Posted by Macca67
I know what you mean. That odd mixture of yokelese and Dick Van Dyke's "Cor-blimeyness."

Mars' Cheese Castle is an absolute must-see, whenever we have friends or family come over. I'd pass it everyday on my way to and from work, and it always cracked me up. Only see it now when we travel south to go to Woodman's.
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 2:46 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Macca67

With the what now??

Do you live in WI by the way?
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 10:59 pm
Sursum corda

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
I thought that was a normal everyday occurence in your household
SSSSHHHHH!!!
Old Jun 4th 2010, 1:25 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrEmjoy
With the what now??

Do you live in WI by the way?
Mars Cheese Castle is on I-94 outside of Kenosha. Not too far north of the border if memory doesn't deal me a dog turd. I've never been there personally, though I have driven by it countless times. I've have heard it's good.

I have been to Bristol a few times - it's not too bad, even if it is a little historically ambiguous , pretty harmless and the children enjoy it. Medieval Times in Schaumburg is a bit better if you like the whole jousting/swordfighting deal.

Last edited by SultanOfSwing; Jun 4th 2010 at 1:26 am. Reason: removal of excess 'thoughs'

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.