Renaissance Fair

Old Jun 2nd 2010, 5:22 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute
Default Renaissance Fair

So this weekend there was a Renaissance Fair here, so I thought I'd go and see what it was all about, and I left even more confused then when I entered.

The sign on the way in said "Celebrating our history", which I thought was amusing as I didn't see any Native Americans there.

Anyway, the whole thing seemed to be full of D&D players that actually venture into the sunlight (I didn't realise there were so many). Admittedly, there was no claim to authenticy, which was good as there was no sign of any. What I found was a mixture of Roman, Celtic, Anglo-Saxon and Norse costumes/mythology with a few elves and fairies thrown in for good measure. It all seemed very strange, and I heard some horrifically bad accents.

All in all, it just seemed to be a strange and confused day. Oh yeah, and no-one anywhere sold mead! There was plenty of popcorn and frigging root beer though. So yeah, a disappontment, but then I'm a cynical bastard, so that's to be expected.
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 5:23 pm
Ginger Monkey

Gingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Renaissance Fair

Originally Posted by zargof
So this weekend there was a Renaissance Fair here, so I thought I'd go and see what it was all about, and I left even more confused then when I entered.

The sign on the way in said "Celebrating our history", which I thought was amusing as I didn't see any Native Americans there.

Anyway, the whole thing seemed to be full of D&D players that actually venture into the sunlight (I didn't realise there were so many). Admittedly, there was no claim to authenticy, which was good as there was no sign of any. What I found was a mixture of Roman, Celtic, Anglo-Saxon and Norse costumes/mythology with a few elves and fairies thrown in for good measure. It all seemed very strange, and I heard some horrifically bad accents.

All in all, it just seemed to be a strange and confused day. Oh yeah, and no-one anywhere sold mead! There was plenty of popcorn and frigging root beer though. So yeah, a disappontment, but then I'm a cynical bastard, so that's to be expected.
We have a semi-permanent one up here that opens all summer. We went last year and it took me a week to get the cringe off my face.
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 5:28 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

If you had been watching Reno 911! you would have known what to expect.
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 5:46 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

I like it when the Star Trek people go in costume to the Ren Fair with their Tricorders. Widdly-wee.
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 5:56 pm
Not around much..

SDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond repute

I think all those "renaissance" fairs are themed the same way...its mainly about celebrating their anglo-saxon roots..even if most of em are all Heinz 57's and dont know where they came from
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 6:05 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SDDep
I think all those "renaissance" fairs are themed the same way...its mainly about celebrating their anglo-saxon roots..even if most of em are all Heinz 57's and dont know where they came from
It's all just a big front for costume fetishists trying to hook up with other pervs to get their freak on.
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 6:32 pm
fsm
So I am where?

fsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Leslie66
It's all just a big front for costume fetishists trying to hook up with other pervs to get their freak on.
I would say that pretty much sums it up.
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 7:11 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie66

Chainmaille anyone???
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 7:18 pm
WTF?

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
Chainmaille anyone???
Exactly.
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 10:15 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gingerert
We have a semi-permanent one up here that opens all summer. We went last year and it took me a week to get the cringe off my face.
lmao.. I hope you are still writing, gingerert; you're a talent!
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 10:39 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

sounds like an episode of Xena
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 2:46 am
Ginger Monkey

Gingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
lmao.. I hope you are still writing, gingerert; you're a talent!
Hahaha! Thanks!

(And yes, I am. Third book comes out later this year and a fourth is in the works. )
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 4:07 am
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

As I said in another thread, the sight of a huge 6'6" fat Texan guy wearing a tartan gym skirt because he couldn't find a real kilt is indelibly seared into my memory. Oh, and he had a broad-sword about 5-foot long to make up for any other... inadequacies. And it was bent.
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 12:40 pm
fsm
So I am where?

fsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by dbj1000
And it was bent.
The sword or the Texan?
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 12:43 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fsm
The sword or the Texan?
Yes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.