Renaissance Fair

Old Jun 3rd 2010, 4:03 am
fsm
So I am where?

fsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Renaissance Fair

Originally Posted by gingerert
What I fail to understand is how Medieval dress and jousting has anything to do with the Renaissance?
You don't actually expect things to make sense do you?
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 4:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Macca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrEmjoy
Yeah that's the one, the Bristol Renaissance Fair.

The Mud Eaters are the highlight for me!
Never been there. Have driven past it countless times and wondered wtf is this all about. Now I know I'll continue to give it a wide berth.
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 4:22 am
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Macca67
Never been there. Have driven past it countless times and wondered wtf is this all about. Now I know I'll continue to give it a wide berth.
It's not so bad, if you take the piss out of all the 'British Accents' all day and cover your self in buy spray.
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 4:57 am
BE Enthusiast

discoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond repute

What I fail to understand is how Medieval dress and jousting has anything to do with the Renaissance?
Just file that one away with 'World Series' baseball.
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 7:55 am

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MrEmjoy
It's not so bad, if you take the piss out of all the 'British Accents' all day and cover your self in buy spray.
Is that a shopping thing?
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 8:38 am
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently the two events coincided.

According to the respective Wikipedia articles,

"The Middle Ages (adjectival form: medieval or mediæval) is a period of European history from the 5th century through the 15th century."

"The Renaissance (French for "rebirth"; Italian: Rinascimento, from ri- "again" and nascere "be born")[1] was a cultural movement that spanned roughly the 14th to the 17th century, beginning in Florence in the Late Middle Ages and later spreading to the rest of Europe."

So, in the 14th & 15th centuries, both the middle ages and the renaissance were happening. Could have included jousting.
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 9:00 am
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by robin1234

So, in the 14th & 15th centuries, both the middle ages and the renaissance were happening. Could have included jousting.
It could have, but can we be sure? Maybe.

One thing we can be sure of is the french running away.
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 9:19 am
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

Three pages and no-one has mentioned the huge nonking turkey legs?

Maybe they're llama legs. Unless turkeys grow as big as Oprah's flabby upper limbs.
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 9:34 am
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
Three pages and no-one has mentioned the huge nonking turkey legs?

Maybe they're llama legs. Unless turkeys grow as big as Oprah's flabby upper limbs.
I did actually try one of the turkey legs and it was pretty good. Although you may be right and it could have been ostrich, I'm not sure.
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 9:39 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zargof
I did actually try one of the turkey legs and it was pretty good. Although you may be right and it could have been ostrich, I'm not sure.
I tried one at the fair and the meat was so stringy and old, it probably really was one of Oprah's arms.
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 10:05 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I took Sadegh to our local Ren Fair which runs in February each year. It's a permanent location with existing buildings and stuff. Personally, I think it's very cool, even if not historically accurate. Sadegh had a blast, as he had no idea whatsoever what to expect, and knows absolutely nothing about that time period.

A couple of years later he was referring to it by calling it the "old-time American town". It took me forever to understand what he was talking about, I kept thinking of Westworld (old time western town here in Scottsdale), but we hadn't been there before. Then I had to explain to him how the Ren Fair wasn't even American. lol

Rene
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 10:18 am

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I kept thinking of Westworld
Killer robots!!!
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 10:30 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chartreuse
Killer robots!!!
LOL LOL Good one!

Actually now that I looked it up, that doesn't look like what I was thinking of. Grrrr. I can't remember the name of it now, but it's in North Scottsdale and has covered wagons and an old-time western town setup.

Aha, found it. Rawhide. http://www.rawhide.com/

Rene
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 11:34 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
LOL LOL Good one!

Actually now that I looked it up, that doesn't look like what I was thinking of. Grrrr. I can't remember the name of it now, but it's in North Scottsdale and has covered wagons and an old-time western town setup.

Aha, found it. Rawhide. http://www.rawhide.com/

Rene
Oh jeezuzpleazus you know who's going to love that...

I told him about your upcoming trip planning 'Ne and now he's on an aloha thing too.. Who knew? Better than a cowboy vacation, fer sure!
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 1:07 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

Originally Posted by meauxna
Oh jeezuzpleazus you know who's going to love that...

I told him about your upcoming trip planning 'Ne and now he's on an aloha thing too.. Who knew? Better than a cowboy vacation, fer sure!
I'm going for the shotgun wedding

It will remind of my actual wedding....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.