Renaissance Fair

Old Jun 3rd 2010, 12:44 am
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Renaissance Fair

There's a great Renaissance Fair here, it's on all summer.

Its funny when 'they' come up and talk to you and when you talk back they drop the shitty accent sharpish.
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 12:49 am
Ginger Monkey

Gingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrEmjoy
There's a great Renaissance Fair here, it's on all summer.

Its funny when 'they' come up and talk to you and when you talk back they drop the shitty accent sharpish.
That's the same one we went to! Near Gurnee?

I think it was the shop selling Harry Potter wands that really tipped me over the edge.
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 1:04 am
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by gingerert
That's the same one we went to! Near Gurnee?

I think it was the shop selling Harry Potter wands that really tipped me over the edge.
Yeah that's the one, the Bristol Renaissance Fair.

The Mud Eaters are the highlight for me!
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 1:08 am
Diamond Geezer

Ridski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond repute

It could be worse. It could be the SCA.

I wouldn't mind going to one this year, as there is usually one very near where I live. As a recovering D&D player and having done my fair share of LARPing when I was a lad, I don't see anything wrong with dressing up like an idiot and gallavanting around the woods. No more ridiculous than painting yourself in your team colors and spending a Sunday morning in a stadium parking lot, drinking beer, eating hot dogs and not actually being able to afford tickets for the game.
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 1:14 am
fsm
So I am where?

fsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of light

Went to the one in South Florida, bought the wife another sword.

Alas the most entertaining thing there was the wenches displaying their assets.

Some damm Aussie in a plastic kilt was trying to give an archery demo, he could not understand a word I said, so I told him what I thought of him, don't think he understood a wod, but a lot of people did by the laughter.
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 1:17 am
Not around much..

SDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fsm

Some damm Aussie in a plastic kilt was trying to give an archery demo, he could not understand a word I said, so I told him what I thought of him, don't think he understood a wod, but a lot of people did by the laughter.
Focusing on the wenches and their assets, try Medieval times..
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 1:20 am
fsm
So I am where?

fsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by SDDep
Focusing on the wenches and their assets, try Medieval times..
Is that an olde day Hooters then........
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 1:24 am
Sleepless In Chicago

Originally Posted by fsm

China Town in chicago is great for swords.

I bought a full size Katana which can be sharpened if I so wished

It would most likely break if used properly as it was only $15.
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 1:26 am
Not around much..

SDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fsm
Is that an olde day Hooters then........
If only the wenches were as hot...and Medieval times doesnt have wings...
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 1:38 am
fsm
So I am where?

China Town in chicago is great for swords.

I bought a full size Katana which can be sharpened if I so wished

It would most likely break if used properly as it was only $15.
We have two 43" Scottish Claymores, one of which I gave to the wife as a birthday present, MIL was thinking I was nuts giving her a sword, until she saw the delight on my wife's face

Best sword shop I have ever been in was in Puerto Rico, but we figured it would be a pita to bring it back to Florida at the time.

The one we bought at the fair was an excalibur sword, now that sword is really sharp but I reckon it would snap on a bone, so I would prefer to run through somebody with the claymore.
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 1:39 am
fsm
So I am where?

Originally Posted by SDDep
If only the wenches were as hot...and Medieval times doesnt have wings...
So in otherwards it's cleavage times then, with crap food.
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 1:50 am
Sleepless In Chicago

Originally Posted by fsm
claymore.
I prefer this kind of claymore
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 1:55 am
Not around much..

Originally Posted by fsm
So in otherwards it's cleavage times then, with crap food.
thats exactly what it is...but the kids like the jousting!
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 1:57 am
fsm
So I am where?

I prefer this kind of claymore
Clean up after can be a bit messy.
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 3:58 am
Ginger Monkey

Gingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond repute

What I fail to understand is how Medieval dress and jousting has anything to do with the Renaissance?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.