Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

It really just happened to me

It really just happened to me

Old May 1st 2011, 7:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It really just happened to me

Originally Posted by DeltaSierra70
Two years ago I stayed at a Holiday Inn near Shrewsbury, and at dinner ask for some water. "Fizzy or Still" Neither, just plain water. "We only have Fizzy or Still, which do you want?" Neither, just plain water. "We don't have any."
I asked which of the two offered they used for 'washing up' in the kitchen. "You being funny?" I explained that all I want was a glass of water before my meal, and that if they took the glass I offered off the table, and held it under that chrome thing with the twisty bit on the top and rotated the top to the left, it would fill the glass with, guess what? WATER. He went away with the glass and a few minutes later the Head Waiter came back and asked if I had been drinking. I said not yet as I'm waiting for the other guy to come back with my glass of water. It went down hill from there...
"Tap water please"?
Old May 1st 2011, 7:10 pm
MCROW

DeltaSierra70 is just really niceDeltaSierra70 is just really niceDeltaSierra70 is just really niceDeltaSierra70 is just really niceDeltaSierra70 is just really niceDeltaSierra70 is just really niceDeltaSierra70 is just really niceDeltaSierra70 is just really niceDeltaSierra70 is just really nice

Originally Posted by CelticRover
A few years ago after repeatedly spelling my relatively long name to a client on the phone, I finally politely advised her to address correspondence to me using my short first name. " First name is fine", I told her.
From that time on all my correspondance from her started off with, "Dear Mr. Fine."
About 12 years ago, I got an order on the phone from NCIS in DC. Explained to the lady in detail how to make sure which of 3 systems they needed, and was about to hang up, when she did the "I jus' lus yur ack-scent" and "I needs yur name" So I give it to her she replied "David Shaghatan" No, it's ---
Again she had another variation. On the fourth attempt, I ask; You're in the Navy, right? She said she was a Lewtenant. I said "Great, my name is David, Sierra Hotel Echo November Tango blah blah and then said my family name" There was a pause and she said "You got all them names???"
I said, just put what ever you want and the address.
It came addressed to Delta Shaganton
Old May 1st 2011, 7:15 pm
MCROW

DeltaSierra70 is just really niceDeltaSierra70 is just really niceDeltaSierra70 is just really niceDeltaSierra70 is just really niceDeltaSierra70 is just really niceDeltaSierra70 is just really niceDeltaSierra70 is just really niceDeltaSierra70 is just really niceDeltaSierra70 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
"Tap water please"?
Tried that, to be told they couldn't sell it to me, to which I said "Well give it to me, or should I go to my room and bring a glass of it down from there?"
When they eventually brought me a glass of water, two tables clapped. I was about to drink some when the man closest to me said; "Maybe the all spat in it." His mate said, "perhaps they pissed in it." I went to my room and brought down a glass from there.
Old May 1st 2011, 7:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeltaSierra70
Tried that, to be told they couldn't sell it to me, to which I said "Well give it to me, or should I go to my room and bring a glass of it down from there?"
When they eventually brought me a glass of water, two tables clapped. I was about to drink some when the man closest to me said; "Maybe the all spat in it." His mate said, "perhaps they pissed in it." I went to my room and brought down a glass from there.
Are you from Yorkshire?
Old May 1st 2011, 7:23 pm
MCROW

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Are you from Yorkshire?
No. I'm a Mush, born close to the Solent's west bank.
Old May 1st 2011, 7:38 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Juswus
waddaaaahhhhhhh
But then you hit a brick wall asking for a slice of lemon and no ice