Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Radio Stations Constant Talk about Sex

Radio Stations Constant Talk about Sex

Old Sep 22nd 2014, 7:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Radio Stations Constant Talk about Sex

Originally Posted by Steerpike
What strikes me about this topic is, US TV is famously ridiculed for it's attitude towards sex (prudish), but here we have local radio stations apparently being too liberal!

You guys who are expressing concern about what your kids are listening to in your car ... were you equally concerned about what was on TV in the UK at prime time? Or was the 'risqué' stuff on after the kids' bedtime?

As an aside, my mum is visiting from UK and I was showing her 'Game of Thrones' ... personally, I'm indifferent towards all the sex (ok, I enjoy it - I confess!), but suddenly sitting with my mum, I felt rather embarrassed! I didn't realize just how much sex was in the show!
I don't think it's actually a big deal to the kids. One time we were watching 'Meet the Parents' with my Mum. It has some rather convoluted bit about an illegitimate child. Mum said, "What on earth is going on?" and my daughter, who was about 11 at the time, calmly gave Nanna a full explanation of who was supposed to have had sex with whom.
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 3:38 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Make it so
Nothing to report this morning, the host had lost most of his voice so not much talk. There was a quick phone in for rubbish advice, where a guy called in and said his mates girlfriend ran off with another woman, and he was worried his girlfriend would also turn "full blown lessa". The advice was to try a 3 way and see if she got into it with the girl, and if she did then she was probably a lesbian too.

A record 3 songs today in my 30 minute journey, 1 of which was the song I posted, another was the cardigan song, then Nirvana

What strikes me about this topic is, US TV is famously ridiculed for it's attitude towards sex (prudish), but here we have local radio stations apparently being too liberal!

You guys who are expressing concern about what your kids are listening to in your car ... were you equally concerned about what was on TV in the UK at prime time? Or was the 'risqué' stuff on after the kids' bedtime?

As an aside, my mum is visiting from UK and I was showing her 'Game of Thrones' ... personally, I'm indifferent towards all the sex (ok, I enjoy it - I confess!), but suddenly sitting with my mum, I felt rather embarrassed! I didn't realize just how much sex was in the show!
I have no issue with sex being on the radio, or TV. My daughters 12, so no awkward questions or conversations, it's harder for people with younger kids, and of course you have no warning, where-as you know not to let your 7 year old watch GOT. When you have a 10 minute drive to school, it's not really the time to answer the "what's a lesbian?" from the back seat of the car.

The thing that bothers me on the radio on a morning is the constant talk, virtually every time they open their mouths it's to do with sex, they're like teenagers when it's all they can think about... It's not funny, or entertaining, it's just drivel. At least in a TV show there is some story behind it.
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 3:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by N1cky
Nothing to report this morning, the host had lost most of his voice so not much talk. There was a quick phone in for rubbish advice, where a guy called in and said his mates girlfriend ran off with another woman, and he was worried his girlfriend would also turn "full blown lessa". The advice was to try a 3 way and see if she got into it with the girl, and if she did then she was probably a lesbian too.

A record 3 songs today in my 30 minute journey, 1 of which was the song I posted, another was the cardigan song, then Nirvana

I have no issue with sex being on the radio, or TV. My daughters 12, so no awkward questions or conversations, it's harder for people with younger kids, and of course you have no warning, where-as you know not to let your 7 year old watch GOT. When you have a 10 minute drive to school, it's not really the time to answer the "what's a lesbian?" from the back seat of the car.

The thing that bothers me on the radio on a morning is the constant talk, virtually every time they open their mouths it's to do with sex, they're like teenagers when it's all they can think about... It's not funny, or entertaining, it's just drivel. At least in a TV show there is some story behind it.
Very good

'Full-blown lessa'? 1. I thought we were in a new era with LGBT * 2. Obvious ploy to titillate the guys so they don't notice it's the cardigan song and the other 'werrr' one.

I agree with you, not entertaining.

* incidentally, one of my son's friends is going to change gender.
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 4:30 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

This thread is not delivering the constant talk about sex which it promises
Okay, when I still used to listen to the radio, the local DJs (shock jocks, whatever) seemed obsessed with talking about pubic hair. One guy said he liked his women with a hairy bush, the others preferred the plucked chicken (I'm not a pedophile I just dig that prepubescent look) scene. They also obsessively shared the condition of their own genitalia. It was also okay to make fun of fat girls who (ALLEGEDLY) came on to them like, "In your dreams, porky." And other lovely stuff.

I went on the website to see what they looked like and ---------->
They were the most unattractive men I have ever seen. Bad hair and horrible clothes, seriously ugly (and fat!). I really have nothing against ugly people, being an ugly person myself, but they were channelling Lord Flasheart. The way they were going on, I doubt any of them had actually seen their own reflection in a mirror. I honestly can't believe that any of them had ever even had sex, EVER.
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 4:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

Please don't call yourself ugly.
You're not.
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 4:38 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hotscot
Please don't call yourself ugly.
You're not.

See now, that's how it's done.
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 4:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Leslie
Okay, when I still used to listen to the radio, the local DJs (shock jocks, whatever) seemed obsessed with talking about pubic hair. One guy said he liked his women with a hairy bush, the others preferred the plucked chicken (I'm not a pedophile I just dig that prepubescent look) scene. They also obsessively shared the condition of their own genitalia. It was also okay to make fun of fat girls who (ALLEGEDLY) came on to them like, "In your dreams, porky." And other lovely stuff.

They were the most unattractive men I have ever seen. Bad hair and horrible clothes, seriously ugly (and fat!). I really have nothing against ugly people, being an ugly person myself, but they were channelling Lord Flasheart. The way they were going on, I doubt any of them had actually seen their own reflection in a mirror. I honestly can't believe that any of them had ever even had sex, EVER.

Well, exactly.
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 4:41 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

it's not really the time to answer the "what's a lesbian?"
You can't say "Lesbian"... It's "Women in comfortable shoes".
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 4:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

See now, that's how it's done.
We know you're beautiful inside and out.

beautiful spiders in your brain
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 4:48 pm
WTF?

We know you're beautiful inside and out.

beautiful spiders in your brain

Really though, they were horrible. Talking about three-ways and doing it in the butt and everything else. I barely want to hear that crap from beautiful people ... well okay a little more than barely. But I don't want to hear it from a bunch of inbred twats who look like a house band from a 1980s roadhouse. Barf.
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 4:51 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I'm glad I'm not on my own hearing this stuff, I was beginning to think I was imagining it.

It seems quite common that people who talk about sex constantly, are the people having it the least often.
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 4:58 pm
WTF?

Well, I'm glad I'm not on my own hearing this stuff, I was beginning to think I was imagining it.

It seems quite common that people who talk about sex constantly, are the people having it the least often.
Oh no, that's the trend in the bigger markets anyway. There's got to be at least one pervy show per big city, if not more. It's just so childish and not the least bit funny.
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 5:12 pm
WTF?

I was surprised that, over several months of testing driving around the bay area, I never failed to get a steady music flow - I am guessing they do some heavy buffering. What shocked me about Pandora, though, was how crappy their 'algorithm' was for music selection. I built a '60s classic' channel, and said 'thumbs down' to every single "Beach Boys' song they played - at least 20 it would seem - but they still threw new Beach Boys songs at me. I mean, come on, get the hint here! On the plus side, I heard some live recordings of Simon and Garfunkel that I've never heard before.
I've had great luck with Pandora. I love it. The only thing that's happened, and it's not that bad, is that some really misogynist rap started popping up after I put in some contemporary black artists. Other than that, it's almost spooky how the music is just what I want to hear.
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by Nutek
You can't say "Lesbian"... It's "Women in comfortable shoes".
I constantly wear flip flops, I never knew I was that way inclined.
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 5:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

Oh no, that's the trend in the bigger markets anyway. There's got to be at least one pervy show per big city, if not more. It's just so childish and not the least bit funny.
And often one of the presenters is called "Bubba".

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.