British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Trailer Park (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/)
-   -   Radio Stations Constant Talk about Sex (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/radio-stations-constant-talk-about-sex-843344/)

N1cky Sep 17th 2014 9:15 pm

Radio Stations Constant Talk about Sex

What is it with radio stations constantly talking about sex over here? When I was in LA a couple of weeks ago, one morning the presenters were talking about old folks having a gangbang in their residential home. The following day they were having people call up and describe their first lesbian experience. The local station I tune in to here got new hosts last week, yesterday one of the hosts was talking about how many orgasms she has with her lover now she's a lesbian, as opposed to how many she had with a boy in high school. Virtually every conversation seems to be about sex.

Not really what I want on the radio while I'm driving my kid to school on a morning. Is this just a Californian thing, or is the same across the country? Does anyone really want to listen to this crap, do people get off on hearing people talk about their sex lives?

Sally Redux Sep 17th 2014 9:23 pm

Re: Radio Stations Constant Talk about Sex

Really? :lol: what station was that?

All I could find was the same few recycled records. Kevin and Bean on KROQ did seem to keep going on about the new law requiring you to gain verbal consent before sex just before we left.

N1cky Sep 17th 2014 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by Sally Redux (Post 11408765)
Really? :lol: what station was that?

All I could find was the same few recycled records. Kevin and Bean on KROQ did seem to keep going on about the new law requiring you to gain verbal consent before sex just before we left.

Alternative 98.7

I don't seem to be able to find a station that plays more than 1 song an hour, on a morning.

Nutmegger Sep 17th 2014 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
All I could find was the same few recycled records.

You said it! It is a law that Johnny Rivers, "Secret Agent Man," be played once an hour, whatever the station's alleged format.

And I some how really b--ered that quote up!

Sally Redux Sep 17th 2014 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by N1cky (Post 11408767)
Alternative 98.7

I don't seem to be able to find a station that plays more than 1 song an hour, on a morning.

Oh, they don't usually seem to have much talking. Might be a new idea.

Originally Posted by Nutmegger (Post 11408770)
You said it! It is a law that Johnny Rivers, "Secret Agent Man," be played once an hour, whatever the station's alleged format.

And I some how really b--ered that quote up!

You left a ] off - willmegger ;)

There must be about a dozen songs they all share. ''Pumped up Kicks" springs to mind.

Nutmegger Sep 17th 2014 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by Sally Redux (Post 11408782)

You left a ] off - willmegger ;)

There must be about a dozen songs they all share. ''Pumped up Kicks" springs to mind.

Ta da! Thanks! Yes -- and every white-boy version of a black soul song ever recorded . . . ;)

N1cky Sep 17th 2014 9:43 pm

Oh, they don't usually seem to have much talking. Might be a new idea.

I think it must be, I usually tune to that station when I'm there. There's another station here, that I rarely listen to anymore, and every morning that was all they talked about too.

That and the false advertising of course, I drove my brand new BMW from Joe Ripoffs to the pay for the rest of your life mattress store...

Sally Redux Sep 17th 2014 9:55 pm

Mind you, my daughter always put a rap station on, that did make me blush.

:ohmy:

robin1234 Sep 17th 2014 10:01 pm

Hmm I don't know. I listen to CBC Radio One from Ottawa and our local NPR station. I don't recall any mention of sex, going back twenty plus years.

RoadWarriorFromLP Sep 17th 2014 10:10 pm

I spell relief N-P-R. But if you require music with your coffee, then they can't help you.

Bob Sep 17th 2014 10:13 pm

Aren't most stations Clearwater, thus just half a CD played in a loop?

Sally Redux Sep 17th 2014 10:25 pm

Oh and that flippin' one about the sweater.

This one kind of grew on me

N1cky Sep 17th 2014 10:51 pm

Originally Posted by Sally Redux (Post 11408849)
Oh and that flippin' one about the sweater.

This one kind of grew on me

Dirty Heads - "My Sweet Summer" (Official Video) - YouTube

I hate the sweater one too, however the line "I hate the beach, but here I stand, in California with my feet in the sand" always makes me chuckle.

This is on constant loop here at the moment

sir_eccles Sep 17th 2014 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by RoadWarriorFromLP (Post 11408819)
I spell relief N-P-R. But if you require music with your coffee, then they can't help you.

Another vote for NPR! Our two year old recently began imitating the little do-do-do-do they play before the news and shouting NPRNOOS!

Also, KJZZ our local station plays jazz most evenings and has an HD substation that just plays Jazz all day.

N1cky Sep 17th 2014 11:12 pm

QUOTE=sir_eccles;11408877]Another vote for NPR! Our two year old recently began imitating the little do-do-do-do they play before the news and shouting NPRNOOS!

Also, KJZZ our local station plays jazz most evenings and has an HD substation that just plays Jazz all day.[/QUOTE]

Jazz :frown: It sounds like they are tuning their instruments, before they start playing real music.

I'll stick with Radio 6 while in the house.