Planespotting II

Old Mar 19th 2021, 12:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Planespotting II

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
I can't give you cost figures, but if it does get repaired its not going to be cheap.

If there is any structural damage, at 15 years old, in current market conditions, could be a write off as well. Time will tell there.
That said, there are a lot of very valuable parts in the airframe which will be removed, recertified and sold on or kept in the airline's stores. Except the nosewheel assembly.....
Old Mar 28th 2021, 12:48 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

On March 27, 1977 KLM Flight 4805 and Pan Am Flight 1736 collided at Tenerife, killing 583. The 61 survivors were all from the Pan Am aircraft. (although some of the 61 who survived died later of their injuries.)

2 Boeing 747's. The pilot who survived in the video below, died at 79 in 2017.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Mar 28th 2021 at 12:57 am.
Old Mar 28th 2021, 1:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
On March 27, 1977 KLM Flight 4805 and Pan Am Flight 1736 collided at Tenerife, killing 583. The 61 survivors were all from the Pan Am aircraft. (although some of the 61 who survived died later of their injuries.)

2 Boeing 747's. The pilot who survived in the video below, died at 79 in 2017.

https://youtu.be/HuvND-1pwNU
It's odd how so many years later one can remember one's exact location when first hearing about something like this. I had just got home from university at the end of the term and was sitting in my mother's living room and heard it on the BBC News that evening.

Last edited by Giantaxe; Mar 28th 2021 at 1:08 am.
Old Mar 28th 2021, 2:44 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
It's odd how so many years later one can remember one's exact location when first hearing about something like this. I had just got home from university at the end of the term and was sitting in my mother's living room and heard it on the BBC News that evening.
I have a few of those moments, when concord crashed in France, I was in a Super 8 motel in Gila Bend, Arizona.
Old Mar 29th 2021, 11:27 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

9/11 was the day we had AOL dial-up internet installed at our house for the first time (I was 16) and when the 'welcome to AOL' came up and the news came on the screen, I though it was advertising a book or a new movie or something. I had recently read 'Executive Orders' by Tom Clancy for the first time and the plot seemed too familiar to be actually happening.
Old Mar 29th 2021, 11:45 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant
9/11 was the day we had AOL dial-up internet installed at our house for the first time (I was 16) and when the 'welcome to AOL' came up and the news came on the screen, I though it was advertising a book or a new movie or something. I had recently read 'Executive Orders' by Tom Clancy for the first time and the plot seemed too familiar to be actually happening.
I was on the ATC simulator when my controller came on and said "better take off your headset and listen to what Geoff (another colleague) has to say..."
Old Mar 29th 2021, 3:03 pm
Account Closed

I know I was at work on 9/11, we had just pushed our first flight of the day (west coast so it was still early in the day for us) and just got the tow bar off when the pilot said they needed to return to the gate, but he didn't give us a reason, so we figured it was maintenance issue at first.

Once at the gate we learned of what was going on. Passengers were sent out of the sterile area, about 90 minutes later we were sent home with pay as it was clear there would be no flights for the time being.

Old Mar 29th 2021, 8:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute

I was about to leave the hotel and board a bus to take my flight back from Antalaya back to Gatwick. Walked to a local little store to pick up some supplies for the flight when the little old guy points at the tv high on the shelf and say America kaput. We were like WTF??? He changed the channel to CNN for us and we stood there open mouthed. That was fun flight back I can tell ya! I was working in pax search in Heathrow’s T3 at the time. The next few weeks were chaos with the DFT sending out a different directive every hour it seemed. At least I had passengers thanking me for what I was doing for a change, although that only lasted about 2 weeks LOL.
Old Mar 29th 2021, 8:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

ddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond repute

On 9/11 I was doing temporary Navy duty in Bahrain. I got to hotel after work and switched on TV and the first plane had just hit. A few minutes later the phone rang and I was told to not leave hotel until morning.
Old Mar 29th 2021, 8:55 pm
Account Closed

The directives, oh man were they ever hard to keep track of, the US had one coming out so often, and were so hard to keep track of, one day it was this next that, crazy times.

Originally Posted by markonline1
I was about to leave the hotel and board a bus to take my flight back from Antalaya back to Gatwick. Walked to a local little store to pick up some supplies for the flight when the little old guy points at the tv high on the shelf and say America kaput. We were like WTF??? He changed the channel to CNN for us and we stood there open mouthed. That was fun flight back I can tell ya! I was working in pax search in Heathrow’s T3 at the time. The next few weeks were chaos with the DFT sending out a different directive every hour it seemed. At least I had passengers thanking me for what I was doing for a change, although that only lasted about 2 weeks LOL.
Old Apr 1st 2021, 11:01 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

Guillaume Faury - CEO of Airbus SE - has announced plans to implement the new 'Audience Response Measuring Systems' - in all future A320 and A350 aircraft from 2021.
What is essentially a Clap-o-meter - will detect and measure passenger applause after landing and give feedback to pilots in the form of points.

Speaking to a gathering of Airbus technologists in Toulouse this Thursday, he expressed appreciation for their commitment to a project that has taken over five years to bring to production.
Old Apr 1st 2021, 12:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Expatrick
Guillaume Faury - CEO of Airbus SE - has announced plans to implement the new 'Audience Response Measuring Systems' - in all future A320 and A350 aircraft from 2021.
What is essentially a Clap-o-meter - will detect and measure passenger applause after landing and give feedback to pilots in the form of points.
The corollary would have be a scream-pitch meter, for over-rapid descent checking.
Old Apr 1st 2021, 12:20 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by steveq
The corollary would have be a scream-pitch meter, for over-rapid descent checking.

Old Apr 1st 2021, 9:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Expatrick

Speaking to a gathering of Airbus technologists in Toulouse this Thursday, he expressed appreciation for their commitment to a project that has taken over five years to bring to production.
It only works on one specific day of the year though I imagine.
Old Apr 2nd 2021, 8:10 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by markonline1
It only works on one specific day of the year though I imagine.
You're not taking this seriously!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.