Planespotting II

Old Jul 30th 2020, 8:36 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Planespotting II

Originally Posted by civilservant
If you can afford it, it makes you happy, and you're not hurting anyone else, why not? .....
He may be the only person outside the Middle East who has a 747 as a personal aircraft. Though I am sure that his use of it comes with some very nice tax write-offs!

ETA I just checked, ironically as of March 2020 this aircraft was back in regular commercial passenger-carrying service, in Saudi Arabia - though the livery has been changed.

Last edited by Pulaski; Jul 30th 2020 at 8:41 pm.
Old Jul 30th 2020, 8:53 pm
Banned

The Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond repute

If you can afford it, it makes you happy, and you're not hurting anyone else, why not?

Does he actually wear a uniform? lol

I took these for my grandson in the Air Force, cause I knew he went to the show the previous night.. They told me not to take pictures inside..it was a mess

I'll enhance the reputation of the first member who guess's what tour and what city...?

Last edited by The Mirror; Jul 30th 2020 at 8:58 pm.
Old Jul 30th 2020, 9:03 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

ETA I just checked, ironically as of March 2020 this aircraft was back in regular commercial passenger-carrying service, in Saudi Arabia - though the livery has been changed.
I winder how long it took to cover up that skull
Old Jul 30th 2020, 9:06 pm
Banned

The Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond repute

I winder how long it took to cover up that skull
Mmmmmm? I'm gonna say about five and a half hours.
Old Jul 30th 2020, 9:33 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by The Mirror
Anecdotal evidence is evidence from anecdotes: evidence collected in a casual or informal manner and relying heavily or entirely on personal testimony. ... Anecdotal evidence, however, does not qualify as scientific evidence.

Statistically your neighbour was correct... You have a greater chance of holding that winning lottery ticket while being attacked by a shark than you do of dying in your neighbors plane

You could probably add: and simultaneously being struck by lightening to that.

General aviation is exceptionally safe

I call this one..Bad day in Frankfurt. I took this as well

Old Jul 30th 2020, 9:40 pm
Banned

I will personally enhance the reputation of the first poster to identify what these symbols represent. Here's a hint, it's not what you think it is...

Do we get bonus points for actually taking the pictures ourselves? If not I think we should

Good luck everyone

Times up! It's Christmas stockings
Old Jul 30th 2020, 10:27 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

If I was filthy rich I wouldn't mind owning a plane, would need to be rich enough to also hire pilots and crew as well though, since I lack the aptitude for learning how to fly.

February 2019 or early March 2019 in Seattle while making a connection to Vancouver, Canada. This is the plane I was waiting for, it was a bit behind schedule. Compass Airlines is no more, so also my last Compass Airlines flight which was d/b/a Delta Connection.

Old Jul 31st 2020, 12:08 am
Banned

There is nothing like a night flight to Vegas-

Old Jul 31st 2020, 12:24 am
Banned

I call this, dinner flight to London

Old Jul 31st 2020, 12:37 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Flying into Vegas at night is pretty cool.

When I was with America West we had a fairly large night time operation there so connected through Vegas a lot at night.

Old Jul 31st 2020, 11:39 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321

February 2019 or early March 2019 in Seattle while making a connection to Vancouver, Canada. This is the plane I was waiting for, it was a bit behind schedule. Compass Airlines is no more, so also my last Compass Airlines flight which was d/b/a Delta Connection.
It's always said when an airline goes out of business. You would think the majors that hire them under their connection brands would somehow do more to help, but since they're struggling themselves right now that isn't going to happen.

The ATL-MYR trip I have scheduled for October is with Endevour Air (which used to Pinnacle Airlines) under the Delta Connection brand. I hope they're still with us by then!

EDIT: It appears that when Pinnacle filed for Chapter 11 in 2012 they were brought 'in house' by Delta and renamed. Hopefully that bodes well for us!
Old Jul 31st 2020, 4:13 pm
Banned

Post Re: Planespotting II

It's a 5 hour drive....
Old Jul 31st 2020, 4:52 pm
Account Closed

It's always said when an airline goes out of business. You would think the majors that hire them under their connection brands would somehow do more to help, but since they're struggling themselves right now that isn't going to happen.

The ATL-MYR trip I have scheduled for October is with Endevour Air (which used to Pinnacle Airlines) under the Delta Connection brand. I hope they're still with us by then!

EDIT: It appears that when Pinnacle filed for Chapter 11 in 2012 they were brought 'in house' by Delta and renamed. Hopefully that bodes well for us!
Delta cutting ties with Compass was announced in Fall 2019, and was due to end Feb 2020 and was all pre-COVID, Delta had no interest in continuing the relationship with Compass, in part because Compass couldn't get it's house in order and operate a reliable regional operation, and Skywest was given more and more of the flying Compass was doing. Delta had given Compass multiple opportunities to get its house in order, but they never managed to on the Delta side.

Once they lost the Delta flying all Compass had left was some American Eagle flying, but once COVID hit AA scaled back pretty significantly in LAX where most of the Compass flying was based, and once they lost AA, they had nobody to fly for.

As far as I know Delta and American actually owned the aircraft Compass was using, so once they lost the flying, they lost the aircraft and an airline without aircraft is pretty useless.

Looks like Delta has sent some of the Compass E-175 to Skywest and other regional in the system.

Old Jul 31st 2020, 6:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute

Times up! It's Christmas stockings
What??? Am I missing something? That’s the Boston Red Sox logo. It was painted onto a JetBlue Airbus.

As for Bruce Dickinson, he flew into Heathrow a few times when he was working for Astreaus. I want to say they were on charter to British Midland for a while. I remember a couple of the ops guys being Maiden fans and getting to meet him on one of his trips in. By the way, that 747 wasn’t his own aircraft. It was a loaner. Ed Force One!

Last edited by markonline1; Jul 31st 2020 at 6:34 pm.
Old Jul 31st 2020, 6:45 pm
Often not so civil...

What??? Am I missing something? That’s the Boston Red Sox logo. It was painted onto a JetBlue Airbus.
You're not missing anything.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.