Planespotting II

Old Jul 17th 2020, 8:00 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Planespotting II

This sucks for any flight attendant at Iceland Air who voted for the contract.

Iceland Air reported to have fired all its flight attendants, pilots will apparently fill in until new flight attendants can be hired

https://grapevine.is/news/2020/07/17...-negotiations/
Old Jul 17th 2020, 8:05 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
This sucks for any flight attendant at Iceland Air who voted for the contract.

Iceland Air reported to have fired all its flight attendants, pilots will apparently fill in until new flight attendants can be hired. .....
Anyone (or their union) who works for an airline , who thinks that mid-2020 is a good time to adopt a tough negotiating stance with their employer, is, please excuse me, an idiot.
Old Jul 17th 2020, 9:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant
Right.

I see the logic of the 'more is more' but honestly since the advent of ETOPS they just aren't relevant anymore. These engines hardly ever fail, and if they do it's some outside force (like the pilot turning it off by mistake, ice build up, bird ingestion etc)
Well, it was bird ingestion that took down the 'Hudson' flight, so we know it can happen! I'm willing to say, it's statistically unusual, and I don't exactly make my decisions to fly based on this.
Old Jul 17th 2020, 11:33 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Anyone (or their union) who works for an airline , who thinks that mid-2020 is a good time to adopt a tough negotiating stance with their employer, is, please excuse me, an idiot.
Oh for sure. I just feel bad for those who voted to accept the offer, I doubt 100% of the vote was to reject it, its those workers who wanted to accept it that I feel for.

Old Jul 17th 2020, 11:36 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Oh for sure. I just feel bad for those who voted to accept the offer, I doubt 100% of the vote was to reject it, its those workers who wanted to accept it that I feel for.
Ah, OK, sorry, I missed that point. Yeah, that's bad for anyone who voted to accept the proposal.
Old Jul 23rd 2020, 5:48 pm
Account Closed

Southwest Airlines 2nd quarter as expected was pretty bad, they are typically not an airline known for posting large losses, but no way around this pandemic.
  • Second quarter net loss of $915 million and $1.63 net loss per diluted share
  • Excluding special items1, net loss of $1.5 billion and $2.67 net loss per diluted share
  • Second quarter operating revenues of $1.0 billion, down 82.9 percent year-over-year
  • Ended second quarter with liquidity of $15.5 billion, well in excess of debt outstanding
Second quarter 2020 operating revenue per available seat mile (RASM, or unit revenues) was 5.63 cents, a decrease of 61.9 percent, driven by a load factor decrease of 55.0 points and a passenger revenue yield decrease of 21.1 percent, all year-over-year.

Release here.

Old Jul 24th 2020, 4:02 am
Account Closed

United:

Net loss of $1.6 billion, and an adjusted net loss of $2.6 billion.
Total operating revenues were down 87.1% year-over-year, on an 87.8 percent decrease in capacity year-over-year.
Total liquidity approximately $15.2 billion.
Cash burn during the second quarter averaged $40 mil/day

United calling 2nd qtr 2020 most difficult financial quarter it their 94 year history.

Alaska

Reported net loss for the second quarter of 2020 under Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) of $214 million, or $1.73 per diluted share, compared to net income of $262 million, or $2.11 per diluted share in the second quarter of 2019

Reported net loss for the second quarter of 2020, excluding the payroll support program wage offsets, special items and mark-to-market fuel hedge accounting adjustments, of $439 million, or $3.54 per diluted share, compared to net income of $270 million or $2.17 per diluted share, in the second quarter of 2019.

Lowered cash burn from an exit rate of $400 million per month in March to $120 million in June, a 70% reduction.

Held $2.8 billion in unrestricted cash and marketable securities as of June 30, 2020.

As of July 22, 2020, 89 mainline aircraft remain temporarily parked.

Old Jul 27th 2020, 5:16 pm
Banned

The Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond repute

Ridiculous...United Airlines recieved 6 billion dollars in tax payer money to be used specifically for payroll, if the Airline permanently contracts by 40 or 50% it's already in all the contracts that the airline can furlough people and that process has already started, even before the bail out money has run out.. There is no need to negotiate the remaining employees pay and benefits. And who here doesn't think the upper managments of any of these companies aren't looting bailout money? Ha! You'd have to have been born yesterday
Old Jul 27th 2020, 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by The Mirror
..... And who here doesn't think the upper managments of any of these companies aren't looting bailout money? ....
Nice sound bite from someone who clearly knows nothing about the legal structure and operations of an incorporated business. But if you want to "blame" anyone for using the funds for things that you don't deem appropriate, blame Congress who drafted and passed a "let's shovel a mountain of cash into the economy to stop it imploding" Act, that pretty much entitled corporations to actually do whatever they wanted with the money. So you might deem it to be "looted", but I doubt in most cases that anything illegal has happened to the money.
Old Jul 27th 2020, 5:36 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

I'm struggling to understand what United Airlines has to do with Iceland Air.

Different countries, different regulatory frameworks.

Unless 'The MIrror' is implying that Iceland Air somehow manged to get hold of stimulus money from the American taxpayer.

And who here doesn't think the upper managments of any of these companies aren't looting bailout money?
Define 'looting'

These funds were deliberately undirected, so it's a pretty high bar to clear for criminal responsibility.
Old Jul 27th 2020, 5:39 pm
Banned

The Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond repute

Nice sound bite from someone who clearly knows nothing about the legal structure and operations of an incorporated business. But if you want to "blame" anyone for using the funds for things that you don't deem appropriate, blame Congress who drafted and passed a "let's shovel a mountain of cash into the economy to stop it imploding" Act, that pretty much entitled corporations to actually do whatever they wanted with the money. So you might deem it to be "looted", but I doubt in most cases that anything illegal has happened to the money.
LoL

I was the president of the labor union which represented mechanics, gate agents, ramp service and cabin cleaners at United Airlines for 13 years....

...and you doubt anything illegal has happened to the money...Bwha ha ha ha ha ha...Let me clue you in on a basic fact of life that even a child should know...illegal things ALWAYS happen to the money

Old Jul 27th 2020, 5:40 pm
Banned

I'm struggling to understand what United Airlines has to do with Iceland Air.

Different countries, different regulatory frameworks.

Unless 'The MIrror' is implying that Iceland Air somehow manged to get hold of stimulus money from the American taxpayer.

Define 'looting'

These funds were deliberately undirected, so it's a pretty high bar to clear for criminal responsibility.
Um...putting as much as they can of it in thier personal accounts
Old Jul 27th 2020, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by The Mirror
LoL

I was the president of the labor union which represented mechanics, gate agents, ramp service and cabin cleaners at United Airlines for 13 years....

...and you doubt anything illegal has happened to the money...Bwha ha ha ha ha ha...Let me clue you in on a basic fact of life that even a child should know...illegal things ALWAYS happen to the money
Per above, doing things with corporate money that the union doesn't approved of doesn't make it illegal.

Old Jul 27th 2020, 5:44 pm
Banned

Obvious troll is obvious.
So you go right to an ad hominem attack...That would get you a failing grade a 6th grade debate class-

Attack what I post, not who you think i am

Old Jul 27th 2020, 5:45 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Attack what I post, not who you think i am
Very difficult to attack a completely vacuous statement that has zero facts, only scurrilous accusations.

Except to call it a completely vacuous statement that has zero facts, only scurrilous accusations. Which I think I did, by extension.

Last edited by civilservant; Jul 27th 2020 at 5:47 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.