Planespotting II

Old Oct 4th 2021, 7:43 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Planespotting II

Spirit Airlines had a pretty signficant birdstrike on take off roll, take off aborted, fire, and poor evacuation with people taking their bags with them.

A couple minor injuries from the evacuation, and a dog was safely evacuated as well.

Fire video is on IG

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Oct 4th 2021 at 7:52 am.
Old Oct 6th 2021, 11:10 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

AA 1892 almost landed on a closed runway at DFW

Old Oct 7th 2021, 11:13 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
AA 1892 almost landed on a closed runway at DFW

https://youtu.be/rWiXTVyjjPs
Pretty professionally handled, after all it wasn't exactly the pilot monitoring's fault (although he obviously had not called for a GA, so had presumably not noticed the error)

Last thing you want when you're looking a bird carcass or foreign objects on the runway is to have a plane land on top of you. That would suck.
Old Oct 7th 2021, 1:09 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

Posted in an America West employee group, one of the many messages SOC sent out that day.

Was the email equivelant for airlines except it printed straight to printers, easy quick communication.

This is an extract of the logbook for the Shanwick Oceanic control centre for that day

Old Oct 7th 2021, 1:58 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

One way to keep your senior staff in order - Defence Minister & head of the armed forces leap out of a helicopter at a recent air display..."But Viktor! JUMP!"

Old Oct 7th 2021, 8:07 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by civilservant
Pretty professionally handled, after all it wasn't exactly the pilot monitoring's fault (although he obviously had not called for a GA, so had presumably not noticed the error)

Last thing you want when you're looking a bird carcass or foreign objects on the runway is to have a plane land on top of you. That would suck.
I imagine for those who were at the drag races in 1983 when an Air Canada 767 decided to drop in, fortunatantly most of the racing was done for the day but apparently 2 kids on bikes racing one another when the 767 snuck up on them, having run out of fuel and just gliding, I imagine it wasn't the noisest 767 out there.

The 767 was fixed, and continued its career with Air Canada until being sent to the desert in 2008 and as of 2020 was sitting on pallets mostly ripped apart in California desert.

Old Oct 7th 2021, 8:10 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

I'm well aware of the Gimli glider Not to be outdone by the Azores Glider back in 2001.

It's interesting to me that both captains of these flights were experienced glider pilots.
Old Oct 7th 2021, 8:14 pm
Account Closed

Air Transat can't be outdone by Air Canada... Wasn't sully a glider pilot or his FO, I think one of them were?

Maybe having glider experience is skill for your pilot to have.

I'm well aware of the Gimli glider Not to be outdone by the Azores Glider back in 2001.

It's interesting to me that both captains of these flights were experienced glider pilots.
Old Oct 7th 2021, 11:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute

Big difference between UK and US ATC in that clip. It’s also why I hate it when certain controllers will clear an aircraft to land whilst I’m still on the runway! Most no longer do it after I made my feelings known, and will now tell an aircraft to continue, but there’s still a couple that will say cleared to land!
I remember at Heathrow and I was crossing one of the main runways and and a scandy was lining up waiting and was cleared to take off before I had called clear. There was no danger, but it was still an action I could technically have filed an MOR for. I purposely waited for the aircraft to lift, then called to say I had vacated the runway. There was about 3 seconds of silence before the controller responded rather sheepishly with a simple roger. LOL.
Old Oct 8th 2021, 3:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

What is the meaning of this extract from the site? "... with large pieces of her skin peeled off to be turned into airplane tags. You can find vendors that sell her skin online."
Old Oct 8th 2021, 5:30 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Steerpike
What is the meaning of this extract from the site? "... with large pieces of her skin peeled off to be turned into airplane tags. You can find vendors that sell her skin online."
Like this. I have one made from the skin of an America West Airlines 757 as I worked there and I wanted a little piece of aircraft, they sell various kinds, limited run since there isn't an unlimited amount of aircraft skin.

Looks like the Air Canada 767 glider is sold out, which isn't surprising since it was a well known aircraft.

https://planetags.com/

Old Oct 10th 2021, 7:09 am
Account Closed

Drone or maybe balloon? Seemed to be getting higher as time went on, but eh I dunno for sure.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Oct 10th 2021 at 7:16 am.
Old Oct 11th 2021, 7:24 am
Account Closed

I wonder what the suspicious behavior it was that sent the American Eagle flight to evacuating on the taxiway after landing (they had declared an emergency on final saying a passenger had a an item that looked like an explosive device) the passenger apparenly being suspicious reached for his carry on, he was detained by police, and FBI, police, and terrorist task force said Sunday there was no criminality found, and nothing suspicious was found on the plane or the passenger luggage and the passenger was released.

None of the articles go into much detail about what exactly the person was doing to make people get worried enough to tell the crew.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/09/us/am...eat/index.html
Old Oct 13th 2021, 3:55 am
Account Closed

Looks like American Eagle scare at LaGuardia Airport last week was really just a paranoid passenger who thought she saw something that was actually nothing.

Man travelling happens to like vintage cameras who (presumably on his phone?) was s
crolling through videos and photos of vintage cameras which the lady thought was bomb making instructions, when the man took out his camera, she was convinced he was set timer on a detonator which led some a little bit of chaos and passengers doing an emergency exit via stairs, and the poor man detained for several hours being questioned by federal authorities who found he did nothing wrong.

According to unnamed sources the media is reporting with.
Old Oct 13th 2021, 4:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like American Eagle scare at LaGuardia Airport last week was really just a paranoid passenger who thought she saw something that was actually nothing.

Man travelling happens to like vintage cameras who (presumably on his phone?) was s
crolling through videos and photos of vintage cameras which the lady thought was bomb making instructions, when the man took out his camera, she was convinced he was set timer on a detonator which led some a little bit of chaos and passengers doing an emergency exit via stairs, and the poor man detained for several hours being questioned by federal authorities who found he did nothing wrong.

According to unnamed sources the media is reporting with.
"Passengers told Port Authority Police at one point during the flight the passenger reached for his luggage and they were scared"

Ok then. Racial profiling at play maybe?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.