Wikiposts

Pet Peeves?

Old May 8th 2014, 3:50 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pet Peeves?

Originally Posted by Leslie
We had a phone upstairs and downstairs in the 70s and 80s. The one downstairs could pretty much reach every room down there and the one upstairs could go into all of the 3 bedrooms. Of course, one of the bedrooms was on the opposite side of the stairs so decapitations were commonplace.
Two phones. That was an extravagance for us . When we moved house my dad ran an extension box from the kitchen socket to their bedroom. Very high-tech - a wire ran up the stairs, over the door frame for a cupboard, then into their room.

I did like the 'decapitations were commonplace' bit - that gave me a great mental image of people getting clothes-lined by phone cords
Old May 8th 2014, 3:52 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Two phones. That was an extravagance for us . When we moved house my dad ran an extension box from the kitchen socket to their bedroom. Very high-tech - a wire ran up the stairs, over the door frame for a cupboard, then into their room.

I did like the 'decapitations were commonplace' bit - that gave me a great mental image of people getting clothes-lined by phone cords
It made me laugh remembering it. As I recall, there was a surprising amount of violence and general bloodshed on those stairs.
Old May 8th 2014, 3:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

People in the gym who think the purpose of the gym is to make loud calls while waving their arms about in emphasis even though the other person can't see them.

People in the gym.

People.
Old May 8th 2014, 3:56 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

It made me laugh remembering it. As I recall, there was a surprising amount of violence and general bloodshed on those stairs.
As any self-respecting household should be

One time, hilariously, my mum tried to stab me with a car key on our stairs. I'm sure all I did was question her mental state. I may have called her a dozy old bint as well though, to be fair.

Never drew blood though, but looking back it was funny to think she thought that would have been effective ...

Originally Posted by hotscot
People.
Condensed, and efficient

On the rare occasions I went to the gym, I always did it late at night when I was the only one there. It's the only way to do it.
Old May 8th 2014, 3:57 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

People in the gym who think the purpose of the gym is to make loud calls while waving their arms about in emphasis even though the other person can't see them.

People in the gym.

People.
This.

People in the gym who talk on their cell phones so ****ing loud that no matter how loud I turn up my music I can still hear them. And no matter how much of a production I make of sighing, rolling my eyes, and elaborately and dramatically turning my music up AGAIN, they keep right on going.
Old May 8th 2014, 3:59 am
I have a comma problem

This.

People in the gym who talk on their cell phones so ****ing loud that no matter how loud I turn up my music I can still hear them. And no matter how much of a production I make of sighing, rolling my eyes, and elaborately and dramatically turning my music up AGAIN, they keep right on going.
Are you sure you're not really British because that is an exemplary response to such a situation ...

But you're right, they're twats and can only effectively be dealt with by throwing things at them.
Old May 8th 2014, 4:00 am
WTF?

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
As any self-respecting household should be

One time, hilariously, my mum tried to stab me with a car key on our stairs. I'm sure all I did was question her mental state. I may have called her a dozy old bint as well though, to be fair.

Never drew blood though, but looking back it was funny to think she thought that would have been effective ...

One handy thing about the long phone cord was that, if you needed to beat somebody who was coming up the stairs with the phone, you never had to worry about if it would reach.
Old May 8th 2014, 4:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

This.

Barnes & Noble is the ideal place to sit and have an extended, extremely loud session of public family dirty-laundry-washing on the phone, it would seem.
Old May 8th 2014, 4:02 am
I have a comma problem

One handy thing about the long phone cord was that, if you needed to beat somebody who was coming up the stairs with the phone, you never had to worry about if it would reach.
And it's easily retrievable if you want to lob it at someone's head. A convenience you just don't get with cordless phones.
Old May 8th 2014, 4:15 am
WTF?

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Barnes & Noble is the ideal place to sit and have an extended, extremely loud session of public family dirty-laundry-washing on the phone, it would seem.
This particular woman went on for at least 20 minutes about a garage sale that the person on the other end of the phone was having. A GARAGE SALE THAT SOMEBODY ELSE WAS HAVING. I wonder if these people are like swimming sharks and they know that if they stop talking on their cell phones they'll die.
Old May 8th 2014, 4:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

This particular woman went on for at least 20 minutes about a garage sale that the person on the other end of the phone was having. A GARAGE SALE THAT SOMEBODY ELSE WAS HAVING. I wonder if these people are like swimming sharks and they know that if they stop talking on their cell phones they'll die.
Old May 8th 2014, 4:17 am
I have a comma problem

I wonder how many of them know how close to death they may have come while talking on their cell phones.
Old May 8th 2014, 4:19 am

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

People.
Old May 8th 2014, 4:48 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek
At first I thought you had hacked Hotscot's BE account. ..... Then I realised he mentioned a gym in his post.
Old May 8th 2014, 8:56 am
I have a comma problem

There are people who think putting sugar in tea is a perfectly normal and acceptable thing to do.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.