Wikiposts

Pet Peeves?

Old May 6th 2014, 4:08 am
BE Forum Addict

joto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pet Peeves?

The person that goes for about a couple of miles in the third lane, next to center divider at about 45 in a 55 and then suddenly turns left with no directionals.
Old May 6th 2014, 4:09 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joto
The person that goes for about a couple of miles in the third lane, next to center divider at about 45 in a 55 and then suddenly turns left with no directionals.
Utterly useless morons to a man.
Old May 6th 2014, 4:14 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Useless sensors in the car...that you can't get rid of....yet aren't cheap to replace.

I'm now stuck with a warning that the car has flat tyres forever....or replace both rear sensors, but at $85 a pop, that's not going to happen :/
Old May 6th 2014, 4:17 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Useless sensors in the car...that you can't get rid of....yet aren't cheap to replace.

I'm now stuck with a warning that the car has flat tyres forever....or replace both rear sensors, but at $85 a pop, that's not going to happen :/
Can't you hit it with a hammer?
Old May 6th 2014, 6:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute

Brake lights used as indicators. I can only see one side of your car so I have no idea if you are pumping the brakes or about to sideswipe me.
Old May 6th 2014, 6:27 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anian
Brake lights used as indicators. I can only see one side of your car so I have no idea if you are pumping the brakes or about to sideswipe me.
Some American cars use the brake light as the rear indicator.

Current Ford Fusion. See, no rear yellow light$

ETA. Oh! I think that's what your peeve is, right? I thought you were complaining about driving habits/ brake use, not design of the car. I must admit I don't understand that either especially for cars like the Fusion that are made in other markets where the yellow indicator is required.

Last edited by Pulaski; May 6th 2014 at 6:58 am.
Old May 6th 2014, 6:38 am
I have a comma problem

The brake light/red indicator is all well and good - provided the twat driving the car actually remembers what that little stick coming out of the steering column with the arrows on it is for ...
Old May 6th 2014, 6:49 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
The brake light/red indicator is all well and good - provided the twat driving the car actually remembers what that little stick coming out of the steering column with the arrows on it is for ...
Isn't the stalk control an optional upgrade?
Old May 6th 2014, 6:49 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hotscot
Like everybody in Oregon...a precise 5 mph below the speed limit.
(And every third car is a Prius.)
If you don't like how we drive here you can FO back to California.

Last edited by lansbury; May 6th 2014 at 6:55 am.
Old May 6th 2014, 6:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

You know what it's like then, but I presume you do a good few miles above the limit to compensate?

And California? It's full of beat up trucks filled with mattresses...and unlicensed drivers without insurance who protest the inconvenience if they get impounded.

Last edited by Hotscot; May 6th 2014 at 6:57 am.
Old May 6th 2014, 6:59 am
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Isn't the stalk control an optional upgrade?
That may be true. Certainly seems so.

Originally Posted by lansbury
If you don't like how we drive here you can FO back to California.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog....customsema.jpg
I think it was more the driving under the limit consistently, rather than the car being driven that was the main point being made. You could be in a bloody DB9 but if you sit at 37 in a 55, you deserve to be forced to listen to primary school recorder ensembles at high volume non-stop for an entire week.
Old May 6th 2014, 7:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

you deserve to be forced to listen to primary school recorder ensembles at high volume non-stop for an entire week.
Good God man!
Old May 6th 2014, 7:03 am
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by hotscot
Good God man!
That's how much they piss me off
Old May 6th 2014, 7:07 am

That's how much they piss me off
Slow car drivers or school recorder ensembles?
Old May 6th 2014, 7:09 am
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Slow car drivers or school recorder ensembles?
Slow drivers. The people who came up with the idea for recorder ensembles deserve to be stuck behind slow drivers for the rest of their lives.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.