Pet Peeves?

Old Mar 20th 2014, 8:23 am
BE Forum Addict

MMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pet Peeves?

Originally Posted by jibsymalone
I have to admit, my passtime of people watching seems to be a lot more interesting/enjoyable here. Not sure if thats a good thing or not?
Saves gas
(But can be one)
Old Mar 20th 2014, 8:29 am
Northern Monkey!

jibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MMcD
Saves gas
(But can be one)
It certainly can be, although Mrs Malone doesn't understand it! she used to get so annoyed when we out somewhere as i would be watching everything except her at times! She now just rolls her eyes
Old Mar 20th 2014, 8:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

I have to admit, my passtime of people watching seems to be a lot more interesting/enjoyable here. Not sure if thats a good thing or not?
My wife gets annoyed with me as I dress down to blend in when I visit W.W. Wouldn't be seen dead with me.
Old Mar 20th 2014, 8:36 am
Northern Monkey!

jibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hotscot
My wife gets annoyed with me as I dress down to blend in when I visit W.W. Wouldn't be seen dead with me.
Old Mar 20th 2014, 8:40 am
BE Forum Addict

MMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond repute

It certainly can be, although Mrs Malone doesn't understand it! she used to get so annoyed when we out somewhere as i would be watching everything except her at times! She now just rolls her eyes
Like this?
Poor woman - you've turned her into a "smiley"
Old Mar 20th 2014, 8:53 am
Northern Monkey!

Originally Posted by MMcD
Like this?
Poor woman - you've turned her into a "smiley"

Thats exactly it!

She knew (or I hope she did) what she was signing up for with me anyway!
Old Mar 20th 2014, 10:47 am
Banned

ellegiselle is an unknown quantity at this point

Here's a pet peeve: you know that loud American tourist in London wearing plaid shorts who is obnoxious and doesn't have the slightest sense of decorum? Well reverse that and that's what Brits are becoming in the US. Here's a newsflash for you-you don't have to live here; you don't even have to visit. If you do come please refer to your own holier than thou attitudes about how you feel when someone comes into your space and acts like an ass. I've had it up to the top with Brits in America who do not accept our culture, are rude and think they're better than everyone. Take your trousers and crumpets and trot on back across the pond.
Old Mar 20th 2014, 10:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ellegiselle
Here's a pet peeve: you know that loud American tourist in London wearing plaid shorts who is obnoxious and doesn't have the slightest sense of decorum? Well reverse that and that's what Brits are becoming in the US. Here's a newsflash for you-you don't have to live here; you don't even have to visit. If you do come please refer to your own holier than thou attitudes about how you feel when someone comes into your space and acts like an ass. I've had it up to the top with Brits in America who do not accept our culture, are rude and think they're better than everyone. Take your trousers and crumpets and trot on back across the pond.
Welcome
Old Mar 20th 2014, 11:03 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
Not dissimilar to the old cheque card in the UK though....although at least on that they did used to do a rudimentary signature check.
They were cheque guarantee cards, showing one meant the cheque wouldn't bounce...but your bank would lube you up after the fact rather than denying the payment.
Old Mar 20th 2014, 11:05 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Yes but what about your shoddy bacon?

Welcome to BE.

Top tip for new arrivals - take a while to get to know people before going on the attack, and don't post the same thing in two places. We 're reasonably intelligent, we'll find it.
Old Mar 20th 2014, 11:06 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

You missed the bit where this is pet peeves, regardless of location.

Just as many annoying things found all over the world, but I guess you wouldn't know that.

Welcome, though.
Old Mar 20th 2014, 11:19 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Crumpets. Why can't we get decent crumpets?
Old Mar 20th 2014, 11:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
Crumpets. Why can't we get decent crumpets?
They are mealy
Old Mar 20th 2014, 11:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Yes but what about your shoddy bacon?

Welcome to BE.

Top tip for new arrivals - take a while to get to know people before going on the attack, and don't post the same thing in two places. We 're reasonably intelligent, we'll find it.
I wondered where her second post was...

Intelligence probably isn't her strongest suit, amongst other things...

It's days like this that you need Leslie in the house!
Old Mar 20th 2014, 11:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hot Cross Buns aren't the same either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.