Pet Peeves?

Old Mar 13th 2014, 6:01 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pet Peeves?

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
If you like the X Files, you'll like Fringe.
I loved the start of it, but it got a bit pap after a while and I couldn't handle how butchered they made Boston and the burbs.....no, you didn't just leave that Starbucks that is now nameless and end up across down and then two minutes later end up at that town because it's a hours commute in the morning
Old Mar 13th 2014, 6:05 am

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
I loved the start of it, but it got a bit pap after a while and I couldn't handle how butchered they made Boston and the burbs.....no, you didn't just leave that Starbucks that is now nameless and end up across down and then two minutes later end up at that town because it's a hours commute in the morning
Fictional show is fictional?

I wouldn't have even known it was Boston if they didn't keep labeling the locations. (which they should do in RL btw, because then I would be less lost).
Old Mar 13th 2014, 6:05 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Drama's, they do well.

Day time tv, family pap, comedies, documentaries....not so much.
I don't watch day time TV so I can't really compare. Same for family pap if I'm being honest.

They do do good comedy though. Big Bang, Family Guy, et al spring to mind. Documentaries are hit and miss, I'll give you that. I tend to drift towards the Science Channel, Cosmos type stuff though, and there are a few half decent ones on the Smithsonian Channel or, rather surprisingly, the Military Channel.
Old Mar 13th 2014, 6:07 am

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

I don't watch day time TV so I can't really compare. Same for family pap if I'm being honest.

They do do good comedy though. Big Bang, Family Guy, et al spring to mind. Documentaries are hit and miss, I'll give you that. I tend to drift towards the Science Channel, Cosmos type stuff though, and there are a few half decent ones on the Smithsonian Channel or, rather surprisingly, the Military Channel.
Mrs. N. and I tried Big Bang... We were driven away by the LOUD laugh track. Every. Single. Word. is not an effin joke. So annoying.

/ranty
Old Mar 13th 2014, 6:08 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek
Mrs. N. and I tried Big Bang... We were driven away by the LOUD laugh track. Every. Single. Word. is not an effin joke. So annoying.

/ranty
I can't remember if I noticed the laugh track or not

OK, I'll admit, Big Bang isn't for everyone, but there's no denying the genius of Family Guy
Old Mar 13th 2014, 6:09 am

I can't remember if I noticed the laugh track or not

OK, I'll admit, Big Bang isn't for everyone, but there's no denying the genius of Family Guy
This is true.
Old Mar 13th 2014, 6:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
I couldn't handle how butchered they made Boston and the burbs.....no, you didn't just leave that Starbucks that is now nameless and end up across down and then two minutes later end up at that town because it's a hours commute in the morning
The funny part is how they must have traveled in silence for a couple of hours, because they only talk about the important facts of the case just as they are walking from the car to the witness/scene.
Old Mar 13th 2014, 7:10 am
BE Forum Addict

MMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond repute

....and worse yet when you misread "favoring as "flavoring" - as I did
Old Mar 13th 2014, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by MMcD
....and worse yet when you misread "favoring as "flavoring" - as I did
Old Mar 13th 2014, 9:54 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Fictional show is fictional?

I wouldn't have even known it was Boston if they didn't keep labeling the locations. (which they should do in RL btw, because then I would be less lost).
Another one - http://www.amazon.com/Empire-Falls-R.../dp/0375726403

Empire Falls, by Richard Russo...book set in Maine that was made into a tele movie.

Town isn't far from the in-laws, except they kept going over the bridge to the other end of town, but in real life it's a half away a good few towns over. Or they cross the street from the diner to another store, that's actually a town over.

It's really weird stuff
Old Mar 13th 2014, 9:56 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

They do do good comedy though. Big Bang, Family Guy, et al spring to mind.
Yeah, I find most of that pap. Family Guy, used to be good, but like many other comedies, they're run their course for to long and much of it is overly forced.

The good stuff is funny, but it's few and far between.
Old Mar 13th 2014, 10:19 am
BE Forum Addict

MMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond repute

Pet Peeve?

Pet Poop
....unscooped, on sidewalk in front of our house.
Particularly icky when I dash out, barefoot, at night to get the mail.
Old Mar 13th 2014, 10:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Credit card scanners
Every stores device seems to require a different "swiping position" (pardon my French) - and I never seem to get it right.

Invisible parking validation stamp
Did it or didn't it, I wonder?
So, I do it again
Which is ridiculous because I know it's invisible
So again:
Did it or didn't it?
etc. ad nauseum.....
Old Mar 13th 2014, 10:33 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MMcD
Invisible parking validation stamp
What are those?
Old Mar 13th 2014, 10:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lansbury
What are those?
When you get your validation by inserting your parking ticket in a little machine doo-dad, pull it back out, and it looks no different because the "stamp" mark is invisible.
A favorite annoyance in LA at places like Rite Aid, some Wells Fargo branches etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.