Wikiposts

Pet Peeves?

Old Mar 12th 2014, 1:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pet Peeves?

It'll scan you and the A.I. in the vehicle will grade you according to threat relevance.
Old Mar 12th 2014, 6:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Pet Peeve # 21437624

The Captcha registration requirement on certain website; can't make out what the dam thing is.
Old Mar 12th 2014, 10:55 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
Pet Peeve # 21437624

The Captcha registration requirement on certain website; can't make out what the dam thing is.
It's worse when you can.

Old Mar 13th 2014, 4:35 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

A recurring peeve of mine lately is when people complain that American TV is bad.

What the clucking bell are they watching? I'm up to season three in my mammoth catch up with The Waking Dead so my wife and I can talk about current episodes session and it's the best new show I have watched since Game of Thrones. Utterly brilliant and ignoring the fact that Andrew Lincoln is English, an American production.

It boggles the mind when I hear "American TV is rubbish, British TV is so much better". If you base British TV of stupid crap like celebrity Big Brother and that godawful orange antiques bloke, you'd not think that
Old Mar 13th 2014, 4:40 am

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
A recurring peeve of mine lately is when people complain that American TV is bad.

What the clucking bell are they watching? I'm up to season three in my mammoth catch up with The Waking Dead so my wife and I can talk about current episodes session and it's the best new show I have watched since Game of Thrones. Utterly brilliant and ignoring the fact that Andrew Lincoln is English, an American production.

It boggles the mind when I hear "American TV is rubbish, British TV is so much better". If you base British TV of stupid crap like celebrity Big Brother and that godawful orange antiques bloke, you'd not think that
There are some damn good American shows out there (we just binged 100 episodes of Fringe and loved it).

My issue with TV in the US isn't the content... it's the constant, never-ending, stream of moronic crap that seems to interrupt the show every 7 - 8 minutes. It's SO distracting to me that I can't even put up with it on the DVR where I can fast-forward.
Old Mar 13th 2014, 4:43 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek
There are some damn good American shows out there (we just binged 100 episodes of Fringe and loved it).

My issue with TV in the US isn't the content... it's the constant, never-ending, stream of moronic crap that seems to interrupt the show every 7 - 8 minutes. It's SO distracting to me that I can't even put up with it on the DVR where I can fast-forward.
I miss Fringe.

That point you brought up is a valid one though (but we DVR everything now anyway).
Old Mar 13th 2014, 4:46 am

I miss Fringe.

That point you brought up is a valid one though (but we DVR everything now anyway).
I used to be ok with it, but even the DVR pisses me off now. If I can't find something Ad-Free, I'd rather miss it altogether.

And yes, we miss Fringe too. Is there ANY show on TV that wouldn't be made better by having Walter in it?
Old Mar 13th 2014, 4:47 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

There are some damn good American shows out there (we just binged 100 episodes of Fringe and loved it). ......
I miss Fringe. ....
I'd not heard of Fringe. I might have to take a look when I have worked my way through the remainder of the X Files.
Old Mar 13th 2014, 4:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

And yes, we miss Fringe too. Is there ANY show on TV that wouldn't be made better by having Walter in it?
I assume you are watching the new Sleepy Hollow show then? Walter is a prominent character.

We've been watching Fringe on Netflix. Only on Season 1. I like it, but not able to get into it as much as I'd like.

Edited: if you haven't watched Sleepy Hollow, I don't want to spoil the finale for you.

Last edited by Bluegrass Lass; Mar 13th 2014 at 4:50 am.
Old Mar 13th 2014, 4:55 am
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I'd not heard of Fringe. I might have to take a look when I have worked my way through the remainder of the X Files.
If you like the X Files, you'll like Fringe.

Which reminds me, we still haven't got through all of our X Files DVDs yet. Too many other bloody shows
Old Mar 13th 2014, 4:57 am

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Fringe is sort of like an X-Files where they actually do stuff instead of talking about it.

Originally Posted by Bluegrass Lass
I assume you are watching the new Sleepy Hollow show then? Walter is a prominent character.

We've been watching Fringe on Netflix. Only on Season 1. I like it, but not able to get into it as much as I'd like.

Edited: if you haven't watched Sleepy Hollow, I don't want to spoil the finale for you.
Yes, we have been watching Sleepy Hollow. I didn't mean the actor though... I actually want Walter (the character) put into everything.

Fringe changes drastically as you move on with it.. I would push on into season 2 at the least.
Old Mar 13th 2014, 5:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

I hate those big station identifiers, "bugs", that sit in the corner obscuring the program you're watching.

Anyway, I'm watching,

Walking Dead
Supernatural
Orphan Black (incredible)
Vikings
Black Sails
SHIELD

There's a lot of others I'd consider but not enough time..

(There's a Veronica Mars movie just out, good reviews, I'll have to go back and watch the tv series.)
Old Mar 13th 2014, 5:09 am

Originally Posted by hotscot
Orphan Black (incredible)
Agreed.
Old Mar 13th 2014, 5:57 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
Pet Peeve # 21437624

And some are case sensitive whilst others aren't....what a hassle.
Old Mar 13th 2014, 5:59 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Drama's, they do well.

Day time tv, family pap, comedies, documentaries....not so much.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.