Wikiposts

Pet Peeves?

Old Jun 2nd 2013, 12:32 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pet Peeves?

Originally Posted by robin1234
Excellent thanks for the tip, I'll look at the Pentax K5. We do have quite a few nice lenses from the K1000. I'd like to get back to taking proper pictures.
No problem, I've got my eyes on one when I have the money to upgrade. Because it's been updated recently, I think you can find some deeply discounted kits.

One thing to remember though, is that the digital sensor is smaller than film, so your old lenses will be cropped by a factor of 1.5, so your old 50mm lens will become a 75mm,, but still very useable.
Old Jun 3rd 2013, 6:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute

12 kids invited to a birthday party - 5 positive responses, 6 turn up.
Old Jun 3rd 2013, 6:58 am

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anian
12 kids invited to a birthday party - 5 positive responses, 6 turn up.
Well, that accounts for 11 of them.
Old Jun 3rd 2013, 6:58 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Uncle_Bob
How about a Bobs DSLR camera beginners tips thread?
Someone willing to spend close to a grand on a camera and some glass can do a weekend photography course at the local community school, or read the manual and experiment

Part of the fun of photography that and taking interesting photos.

Anyway, todays whinge, because it wouldn't be a complete day without at least one.

Stores that are ever so slightly different from each other, but not that different...just feels weird and wrong and especially annoying when they're well off. Target has the photo studio by the photo print in one branch, by the electronics in another and then behind the groceries at the recent one we went to and they've flipped the men's and women's clothing around.

To much a creature of comfort and want to run in, grab the crap and go for this malarkey.
Old Jun 3rd 2013, 6:59 am

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Someone willing to spend close to a grand on a camera and some glass can do a weekend photography course at the local community school, or read the manual and experiment

Part of the fun of photography that and taking interesting photos.

Anyway, todays whinge, because it wouldn't be a complete day without at least one.

Stores that are ever so slightly different from each other, but not that different...just feels weird and wrong and especially annoying when they're well off. Target has the photo studio by the photo print in one branch, by the electronics in another and then behind the groceries at the recent one we went to and they've flipped the men's and women's clothing around.

To much a creature of comfort and want to run in, grab the crap and go for this malarkey.
One of our Stop and Shops is backwards.
Old Jun 3rd 2013, 7:03 am
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
So they put the bogs where the crisps are as well then?
Old Jun 3rd 2013, 7:04 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234
Excellent thanks for the tip, I'll look at the Pentax K5. We do have quite a few nice lenses from the K1000. I'd like to get back to taking proper pictures.
$850 for a camera.

I remember getting a fairly decent Nikon SLR for about 50 squids when I was a teen had a couple okay bits of glass with it too. I think my sister lost it though because I never did get it back.

Speaking of glass though, adapters for DSLR's, they cost a hell of a lot more money these days than they used to!
Old Jun 3rd 2013, 7:06 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by zargof
So they put the bogs where the crisps are as well then?
One and the same.
Old Jun 3rd 2013, 7:37 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
$850 for a camera.

I remember getting a fairly decent Nikon SLR for about 50 squids when I was a teen had a couple okay bits of glass with it too. I think my sister lost it though because I never did get it back.

Speaking of glass though, adapters for DSLR's, they cost a hell of a lot more money these days than they used to!
Expensive as it is - for that segment of the market for an APS-C DSLR, $850.00 is not half bad.

If you go used, you can get the equally adequate K10D for less than half that. The benefit of being able to use the same lenses that the K1000 could take is a good one though, since lenses are so bloody expensive for new ones!
Old Jun 3rd 2013, 1:22 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
.... Anyway, today's whinge, because it wouldn't be a complete day without at least one.

Stores that are ever so slightly different from each other, but not that different...just feels weird and wrong and especially annoying when they're well off. .....
Lowes is like that. There are three that I visit regularly, and at least four more I visit from time to time, of which four have their main entrance on the left, and two on the right, but apart from the mirror flip they have a similar layout, similar enough to be able to find things, but one is totally messed up - the whole store is much wider and shallower, so the internal layout is totally different.

Home Depot seems to delight in making every store different.
Old Jun 3rd 2013, 1:24 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Expensive as it is - for that segment of the market for an APS-C DSLR, $850.00 is not half bad.

If you go used, you can get the equally adequate K10D for less than half that. The benefit of being able to use the same lenses that the K1000 could take is a good one though, since lenses are so bloody expensive for new ones!
Pulaski's "pet peeve of the day" people who hijack a well established thread and take it totally off topic!
Old Jun 3rd 2013, 1:36 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Pulaski's "pet peeve of the day" people who hijack a well established thread and take it totally off topic!
Show me a thread that I haven't taken off topic, though.
Old Jun 3rd 2013, 1:48 pm

Show me a thread that I haven't taken off topic, though.
Agreed, but I expected you to have a little more respect for the Pet Peeves thread!
Old Jun 3rd 2013, 2:07 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Agreed, but I expected you to have a little more respect for the Pet Peeves thread!
I have a loophole in that I was talking to the thread starter
Old Jun 3rd 2013, 2:25 pm

I have a loophole in that I was talking to the thread starter.
Ah yes, Mr Peeve, himself!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.