Wikiposts

Pet Peeves?

Old Mar 18th 2013, 4:43 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pet Peeves?

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
No one uses cheques over here. In all the four years I was running the school shop I think I had three cheques. You don't even get a cheque book when you open an account. Totally different mind set.
Cheques are rare in the UK, I haven't used one for several years, and the only ones we now use is to send money for Christmas for grandkids. In Spain cheques were very rare, and you would get charged a lot for using one, they were never issued with a bank account. Only times I ever saw one was for paying into my account from selling the house, and then we never handled it, it went straight from the sellers bank official to mine.
Old Mar 18th 2013, 6:46 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

FB....the new update doesn't seem to work very consistently. Also preview of website/images just seems to pull up whatever you don't want.

Adding photo's is a slow never quite working process that is just horrid to do compared to G+.

Oh and the big one today. Playgroups and punctuality. If it's a 12pm meet, don't give me the hairy eyeball for turning up on time. I don't give a wet toss that you turned up 15+ minutes early and were waiting around like a sad sack of cabbages.

And what is it with the mums all trying to out do each other with healthy foods and snacks? I know most of you just nipped across the street to grab lunch at the McD's for the other morning playgroups, but as everyone has lunch at this one, you all make the effort? Come on.
Old Mar 18th 2013, 7:07 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
FB....the new update doesn't seem to work very consistently. Also preview of website/images just seems to pull up whatever you don't want.

Adding photo's is a slow never quite working process that is just horrid to do compared to G+.

Oh and the big one today. Playgroups and punctuality. If it's a 12pm meet, don't give me the hairy eyeball for turning up on time. I don't give a wet toss that you turned up 15+ minutes early and were waiting around like a sad sack of cabbages.

And what is it with the mums all trying to out do each other with healthy foods and snacks? I know most of you just nipped across the street to grab lunch at the McD's for the other morning playgroups, but as everyone has lunch at this one, you all make the effort? Come on.
Bob, yer sounding a bit bitchy, is it "that time" again???
Old Mar 18th 2013, 7:29 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs
Bob, yer sounding a bit bitchy, is it "that time" again???
For me, it's probably perpetual
Old Mar 18th 2013, 8:10 am
Account Closed

Uncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
So what things really get on your goat?

Cyclists, not using any lights at night time....your already a target during the day. Arseholes.
people using "your" instead of "you're"
Old Mar 18th 2013, 8:40 am
Account Closed

Uncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Cheques are rare in the UK, I haven't used one for several years, and the only ones we now use is to send money for Christmas for grandkids. In Spain cheques were very rare, and you would get charged a lot for using one, they were never issued with a bank account. Only times I ever saw one was for paying into my account from selling the house, and then we never handled it, it went straight from the sellers bank official to mine.
What about Girochecks? Whataver they were/are
Old Mar 20th 2013, 4:39 am
-------------------------

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Uncle_Bob
What about Girochecks? Whataver they were/are
People using whataver, instead of whatever.
Old Mar 20th 2013, 4:42 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Uncle_Bob
people using "your" instead of "you're"
that's why I put yer.
Old Mar 20th 2013, 5:01 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by paranoidandroid
typo mistake and not grammar. No score

Although I'm not saying my grammar is perfect either
Old Mar 20th 2013, 5:03 am

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paranoidandroid
Whatevah
Old Mar 20th 2013, 5:43 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Deli meat/cheese counters.

It's great that they try to beat the rush by pre-slicing stuff...but it's never the right thickness and if I wanted it pre-cut, I'd buy the shite in the tubs.

What makes it worse, those labels they stick on the little bags afterwards. Always folding the bag and then sticking it down, so you rip the bag apart trying to get the label off when you open it....grrrrrr.
Old Mar 20th 2013, 6:10 am
BE Enthusiast

tuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Deli meat/cheese counters.

It's great that they try to beat the rush by pre-slicing stuff...but it's never the right thickness and if I wanted it pre-cut, I'd buy the shite in the tubs.

What makes it worse, those labels they stick on the little bags afterwards. Always folding the bag and then sticking it down, so you rip the bag apart trying to get the label off when you open it....grrrrrr.
I repackage mine in tin foil.
Old Mar 20th 2013, 3:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

yellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond repute

Why is it so sodding difficult to work out how to turn on the pigging lights in hotel rooms in this country?!

Never any overhead lights, just lamps. then there's this little button and you can't work out if you're supposed to flick, twist or push or some mysterious combination of all three.
Old Mar 20th 2013, 3:34 pm
Forum Regular

redglade has a brilliant futureredglade has a brilliant futureredglade has a brilliant futureredglade has a brilliant futureredglade has a brilliant futureredglade has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by yellowroom
Why is it so sodding difficult to work out how to turn on the pigging lights in hotel rooms in this country?!

Never any overhead lights, just lamps. then there's this little button and you can't work out if you're supposed to flick, twist or push or some mysterious combination of all three.
Lamps that are controlled by a wall switch get me every time. The shower and the bath plug are generally entertaining too.
Old Mar 20th 2013, 4:07 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by redglade
Lamps that are controlled by a wall switch get me every time. The shower and the bath plug are generally entertaining too.
We've lived in our house 7 years and I just found out that the wall switch that I never knew what was for and thought was broken actually controls one of the wall sockets that we never use.....

that was just a bit of background to my pet peeve which is being shown up as a technical retard by my 7 year old daughter....who knew that if she wanted to charge he ipod she had to turn the wall socket on with the light switch. How did she know that? How?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.