Wikiposts

Pet Peeves?

Old Jun 16th 2012, 11:45 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pet Peeves?

The road around the corner.

On the way up, it's 35mph till you get up to the apex and then 50mph.

On the other side of the road, it's 45mph coming down till you get to that apex and then goes up to 50mph.

Makes no sense, but the cops sure do like parking between a couple of cars in the second hand car lot on the hill.
Old Jun 21st 2012, 6:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute

Now that it is warmer:
People who drive with their arm hanging out the window. Are you signalling that you are changing lanes or dancing like a twat? I can't tell. At least keep it still.

Guy in a Smart car chucking litter out of the window. I guess he didn't buy it for environmental reasons then.
Old Jun 21st 2012, 8:06 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anian
Now that it is warmer:
People who drive with their arm hanging out the window. Are you signalling that you are changing lanes or dancing like a twat? I can't tell. At least keep it still.

Guy in a Smart car chucking litter out of the window. I guess he didn't buy it for environmental reasons then.
I hate to see that. Reminds me of the young girl driver we saw down in Florida on I-95 a few months ago. She had her left leg out of the window and she was on the phone. Is that considered multi tasking?
Old Dec 29th 2012, 2:02 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Now that it's winter, time to bring this thread back...

Street ploughs and their utterly shit timing.

After spending ages shovelling out the drive and chipping away inches of ice, I just love to see the town plough truck choosing that moment to do the roads and plough you back in under a couple foot barrier at the end of the drive.

How missing the thinnest slither of snow when clearing the drive will turn into a weaponly sharp bit of ice the following day that will shit you up how ever which way you look at it, either by stabbing your foot as you walk past or making you slip on it and then stab you in the arse.
Old Dec 29th 2012, 4:31 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob

After spending ages shovelling out the drive and chipping away inches of ice, I just love to see the town plough truck choosing that moment to do the roads and plough you back in under a couple foot barrier at the end of the drive.

How missing the thinnest slither of snow when clearing the drive will turn into a weaponly sharp bit of ice the following day that will shit you up how ever which way you look at it, either by stabbing your foot as you walk past or making you slip on it and then stab you in the arse.
You love snow don't you Bob? I can tell...
Old Dec 29th 2012, 4:42 am

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob

Having AAA rescue you from being stuck in the snow, only to drop you in the street, knowing that you cannot get up your steep driveway. Then having that same driver tell you that he has dropped you on a "snow route" and that he will be back in 30 minutes to help the police impound your car if it is still where he left it.
Old Dec 29th 2012, 4:43 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
You love snow don't you Bob? I can tell...
OMG it's snowing heavily. I hate the white stuff.
Old Dec 29th 2012, 2:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Karrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond repute

Between my house and my business I now have a bill of $200 for plowing in the last day we have another storm tonight so, yikes...
Old Dec 29th 2012, 3:33 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
..... How missing the thinnest slither of snow ....
I like that, "a slither of snow".

(I presume you meant sliver)
Old Dec 30th 2012, 3:22 am
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I hate to see that. Reminds me of the young girl driver we saw down in Florida on I-95 a few months ago. She had her left leg out of the window and she was on the phone. Is that considered multi tasking?
Reminds me of that blonde that was driving down I-95 speeding while she was knitting. A cop sped up, pulled along side her, and yelled "pull over." She looked over at the cop and said "no, it's a scarf!"
Old Dec 30th 2012, 3:25 am

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Picked up about 10 inches of the stuff last night. Just finished digging out.
Old Dec 30th 2012, 3:25 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

(< at the avatar)

L
Old Dec 30th 2012, 4:16 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Mallory
Reminds me of that blonde that was driving down I-95 speeding while she was knitting. A cop sped up, pulled along side her, and yelled "pull over." She looked over at the cop and said "no, it's a scarf!"

Originally Posted by Nutek
Picked up about 10 inches of the stuff last night. Just finished digging out.
We have lived in this house for 15 years and have always cleared the drive ourselves. This year...now I'm having back problems...we are having it plowed. It grieves me to pay almost $100 a time but what can you do?

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
(< at the avatar)

L
Being as my mouse is so unpopular...I thought people may warm to this one.
Old Dec 30th 2012, 6:05 am

We have lived in this house for 15 years and have always cleared the drive ourselves. This year...now I'm having back problems...we are having it plowed. It grieves me to pay almost $100 a time but what can you do?

Being as my mouse is so unpopular...I thought people may warm to this one.
I managed to slide down the driveway on my ass this morning, with the snowblower coming down after me. (Steep drive).

Did your mouse fly south for the winter?
Old Dec 30th 2012, 8:01 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek
I managed to slide down the driveway on my ass this morning, with the snowblower coming down after me. (Steep drive).

I'd paid good money to see that, of course that would be after I ran around and flapped my arms and cried "Help him, Help him."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.