Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Palin for Pres in 2012?

Palin for Pres in 2012?

Old Feb 20th 2010, 3:02 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Palin for Pres in 2012?

Originally Posted by Jensmate
Perhaps Sarah could squeeze another out before next election? The kids have nature (Willow, Piper), hunting (Track, Trig...is that short for Trigger?), and Cockney rhyming slang (Bristol) names so what could they possibly name the next?
need a second one for rhyming slang, so, "Berkshire" (as in Hunt)
Old Feb 20th 2010, 4:25 pm
I Still Remember

NAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really nice

Originally Posted by kimilseung
need a second one for rhyming slang, so, "Berkshire" (as in Hunt)
That one sums her up nicely.
Old Feb 20th 2010, 4:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
Why is it that it always seems to be those on the Left that say "If "X" gets elected I'm leaving."? It's my theory that most of the people that say that would rather be living somewhere else anyway and are just using the elections as an excuse. That, and they're into the dramatic aspect of flouncing out of the Country in protest. Of course, I doubt that 1 in 100 actually does it. One problem with this plan is that they assume other Countries will want them and it's not always the case. I believe I read that some actually tried after Bush was elected the 2nd time, and found it wasn't as easy as they thought it would be.

Maybe that's an issue with the Democrats, they are trying to leave the country after they lose while when the Republicans suffer defeat at the polls they seem to work on getting their guy in the next time around.
I don't think anyone would actually go through with it, like nettlebed DOn't know why he would care, really. Not like he's totally affected by who becomes president, he can always leaves if he wants

Regarding Palin, she's not electable and, thankfully she will not win any presidential election. Course if you believe in conspiracy theories, you'll think that her running was rigging the election so Obama wins a 2nd term
Old Feb 21st 2010, 9:29 pm
Just Joined

atlanta yorkie will become famous soon enoughatlanta yorkie will become famous soon enough

Her hypocrisy knows no bounds.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/shanny..._b_470297.html
Old Feb 21st 2010, 9:49 pm

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by atlanta yorkie
Consider the source... You might as well cite an article in "Racist Bastards Monthly" in a thread discussing the President.
Old Feb 21st 2010, 10:26 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chartreuse
Consider the source... You might as well cite an article in "Racist Bastards Monthly" in a thread discussing the President.
do you think they faked the document?
http://images.eonline.com/static/new...rlSubpoena.pdf
Old Feb 21st 2010, 10:30 pm

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by elfman
I think I made my point. Asking the HP about a Republican is like asking the KKK about a black man - you're going to get a feed of shite in both cases.
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 3:45 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elfman
I just love Levi Johnston. He provides endless entertainment for me.
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 5:01 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie66
I just love Levi Johnston. He provides endless entertainment for me.
Yeah, he's right up there with Jon Gosselin.
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 3:13 am
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute

I really don't know how to answer that, I'm sure some are the same and some have changed.
So, this is probably a bit earlier than most people here's childhood, but here are the Republican Party platforms from 1956.

Highlights:

"We are proud of and shall continue our far-reaching and sound advances in matters of basic human needs--expansion of social security--broadened coverage in unemployment insurance --improved housing--and better health protection for all our people."

"We favor a comprehensive study of the effect upon wildlife of the drainage of our wetlands."

"We recognize the need for maintaining isolated wilderness areas."

"A continuously vigorous enforcement of anti-trust laws

Legislation to enable closer Federal scrutiny of mergers which have a significant or potential monopolistic connotations;

Procedural changes in the antitrust laws to facilitate their enforcement."

"Stimulate improved job safety of our workers, through assistance to the States, employees and employers;

Continue and further perfect its programs of assistance to the millions of workers with special employment problems, such as older workers, handicapped workers, members of minority groups, and migratory workers;

Strengthen and improve the Federal-State Employment Service and improve the effectiveness of the unemployment insurance system;...

Assure equal pay for equal work regardless of Sex;

Clarify and strengthen the eight-hour laws for the benefit of workers who are subject to federal wage standards on Federal and Federally-assisted construction, and maintain and continue the vigorous administration of the Federal prevailing minimum wage law for public supply contracts;

Extend the protection of the Federal minimum wage laws to as many more workers as is possible and practicable;

Continue to fight for the elimination of discrimination in employment because of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry or sex;

Provide assistance to improve the economic conditions of areas faced with persistent and substantial unemployment;

Revise and improve the Taft-Hartley Act so as to protect more effectively the rights of labor unions, management, the individual worker, and the public."

As you can see, most of these are quite a bit more progressive and left of the current Dem positions.

Very depressing.

BTW, apologies for the late follow-up: I've been partying in NY.
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 11:40 am
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nettlebed
So, this is probably a bit earlier than most people here's childhood, but here are the Republican Party platforms from 1956.

Highlights:

"We are proud of and shall continue our far-reaching and sound advances in matters of basic human needs--expansion of social security--broadened coverage in unemployment insurance --improved housing--and better health protection for all our people."

"We favor a comprehensive study of the effect upon wildlife of the drainage of our wetlands."

"We recognize the need for maintaining isolated wilderness areas."

"A continuously vigorous enforcement of anti-trust laws

Legislation to enable closer Federal scrutiny of mergers which have a significant or potential monopolistic connotations;

Procedural changes in the antitrust laws to facilitate their enforcement."

"Stimulate improved job safety of our workers, through assistance to the States, employees and employers;

Continue and further perfect its programs of assistance to the millions of workers with special employment problems, such as older workers, handicapped workers, members of minority groups, and migratory workers;

Strengthen and improve the Federal-State Employment Service and improve the effectiveness of the unemployment insurance system;...

Assure equal pay for equal work regardless of Sex;

Clarify and strengthen the eight-hour laws for the benefit of workers who are subject to federal wage standards on Federal and Federally-assisted construction, and maintain and continue the vigorous administration of the Federal prevailing minimum wage law for public supply contracts;

Extend the protection of the Federal minimum wage laws to as many more workers as is possible and practicable;

Continue to fight for the elimination of discrimination in employment because of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry or sex;

Provide assistance to improve the economic conditions of areas faced with persistent and substantial unemployment;

Revise and improve the Taft-Hartley Act so as to protect more effectively the rights of labor unions, management, the individual worker, and the public."

As you can see, most of these are quite a bit more progressive and left of the current Dem positions.

Very depressing.

BTW, apologies for the late follow-up: I've been partying in NY.
Wish I lived in 1956...
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 1:55 pm
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute

Wish I lived in 1956...
No lie! Looks like people then, at least as revealed by those ideals, had some sort of social conscience.

Thanks Thatcher and Reagan and whoever else for helping destroy that, and create the "Me, me, me!!!" philosophy that has been so poisonous ever since.
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 2:45 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

No lie! Looks like people then, at least as revealed by those ideals, had some sort of social conscience.

Thanks Thatcher and Reagan and whoever else for helping destroy that, and create the "Me, me, me!!!" philosophy that has been so poisonous ever since.
I fully believe that the easier it is to live, when survival becomes a non issue, people weaken in mind, body and spirit. When you don't have to worry about food, and you have idle time, the mind turns to profit and excess. The decent values of hard work, thrift, community and common sense, the values that built this Nation, are discarded. The generation that was in power in '56 was the generation of the depression and of WWII, the generation whose parents were poor immigrants, rural farmers and urban factory workers, whose grandparents were Civil War veterans, pioneers and homesteaders. The goal of leaving the next generation better off than yours had it has backfired and left us self centered, oversensitive, materialistic mental weaklings, a country where a child can't bring an asprin or a butter knife to school for fear of getting arrested and you can barely speak without offending somebody. It's my hope that in the despair of what we have become, we will rediscover what made us what we were.
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 3:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond repute

Back then nobody was facing mass layoffs and competition from cheaper foreign labor in the global marketplace. You can thank the oh-so-wonderful globalization for that. If only there was somebody that was against NAFTA and free trade in general! Don't be fooled by the labels, it were the Democrats that brought us the Federal Reserve and NAFTA, and the Republicans decided to keep it and not bother with it, it was the Republicans that brought you the Patriot Act and the 2 wars in the Muslim world, and the Democrats keep continuing them. Democrats gave us Vietnam, notice how it doesn't end? They're the same anti-American, warmongering party that's hellbent on destroying our sovereignty and now they're peddling Sarah Palin is the new "savior" post Obama in much the same fashion that they peddled Obama as the "savior" post Bush II
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 7:52 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

I fully believe that the easier it is to live, when survival becomes a non issue, people weaken in mind, body and spirit. When you don't have to worry about food, and you have idle time, the mind turns to profit and excess. The decent values of hard work, thrift, community and common sense, the values that built this Nation, are discarded. The generation that was in power in '56 was the generation of the depression and of WWII, the generation whose parents were poor immigrants, rural farmers and urban factory workers, whose grandparents were Civil War veterans, pioneers and homesteaders. The goal of leaving the next generation better off than yours had it has backfired and left us self centered, oversensitive, materialistic mental weaklings, a country where a child can't bring an asprin or a butter knife to school for fear of getting arrested and you can barely speak without offending somebody. It's my hope that in the despair of what we have become, we will rediscover what made us what we were.
Now if that isn't a good speech, I don't know what is.

Idle hands are the devil's workshop.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.