Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Not peeved. Absolutely enraged.

Not peeved. Absolutely enraged.

Old Nov 30th 2016, 4:33 pm
Sasstronaut

livinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Not peeved. Absolutely enraged.

Thank you petitefrancaise for posting this & Leslie for your thoughts (as always you're my forum hero).

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
IMO it should be the woman's choice. I am against any man dictating to a woman what she should do with her body.
Exactly. Couldn't have said it any better.

I had a miscarriage many years ago. Looking back I would have liked to have had it cremated. It was a very traumatic time. I wasn't given the choice...in fact unless the baby is still born I didn't think there was a choice.
I'm so sorry to hear this JG
Old Nov 30th 2016, 4:43 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

So what happens otherwise, before this law?

PS I see no need for it.
Old Nov 30th 2016, 4:52 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by livinginnyc
Thank you petitefrancaise for posting this & Leslie for your thoughts (as always you're my forum hero).

Exactly. Couldn't have said it any better.

I'm so sorry to hear this JG
Thank you.

In fact I am against any man dictating what a woman should do about anything. I have a brain, I am strong willed and will I do what I want to do...after considering others of course.
Old Nov 30th 2016, 4:55 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
So what happens otherwise, before this law?

PS I see no need for it.
It is put in with all the other "blood products and human tissue" from a hospital and disposed of. In Texas, from what I've read, this means yellow hazardous waste bags and a landfill. They're not forcing amputees to pay for a cremation and burial.

JG sorry to hear this. I also had a miscarriage, it is far more common than people think.
Old Nov 30th 2016, 5:01 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
It is put in with all the other "blood products and human tissue" from a hospital and disposed of. In Texas, from what I've read, this means yellow hazardous waste bags and a landfill. They're not forcing amputees to pay for a cremation and burial.

JG sorry to hear this. I also had a miscarriage, it is far more common than people think.
Land fill = buried I guess.

My family have always been cremated but I would imagine if you follow this illogical process through there are some beliefs opposed to cremation.
Old Nov 30th 2016, 5:10 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you and I'm sorry to hear it happened to you. I had no idea how common it was until it happened to me. Then talking to other women...it seems that almost every other woman has had a miscarriage.

Reading this thread has brought it home to me just how much I would have liked to have had it cremated. After the miscarriage we weren't lucky enough to get pregnant again. I often wonder what he/she would have been like now...would have just finished uni.
Old Nov 30th 2016, 5:11 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Land fill = buried I guess.

My family have always been cremated but I would imagine if you follow this illogical process through there are some beliefs opposed to cremation.
Boiler. The whole purpose of this is to make it more emotionally difficult and expensive for a woman to have an abortion. It has NOTHING to do with respecting religious beliefs apart from as Leslie wrote, allowing a few religious nutters to control women's rights. It is being challenged in court. Maybe it will get thrown out. That is next year's fight for the right to choose. This year it was the unreasonable requirements on the clinics providing abortion which got reversed in the supreme court. Before that, it was Hobby Lobby refusing to allow certain forms of contraception through their insurance (they won). Need I go on?

This has nothing to do with anything other than limiting women's rights.
Old Nov 30th 2016, 5:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

We live in a progressive country, is that why so many people want to move here? I believe it is only Ireland where women face jail time. I did watch that TV show the other week where women were forced to give up their babies for adoption in the UK up until 1975. I was not aware that this happened until recently.
Old Nov 30th 2016, 6:00 pm
Austin. TX.

Thank you and I'm sorry to hear it happened to you. I had no idea how common it was until it happened to me. Then talking to other women...it seems that almost every other woman has had a miscarriage.

Reading this thread has brought it home to me just how much I would have liked to have had it cremated. After the miscarriage we weren't lucky enough to get pregnant again. I often wonder what he/she would have been like now...would have just finished uni.
I do the same thing. Very, very few people knew about my miscarriage. At about age 30 I was pregnant with my now oldest daughter and having a chat with a group of my closest friends and I expressed my concerns/worries. all but one of them (7 in total) had either miscarried or had an abortion and we had never talked about it amongst ourselves. Our partners and maybe our parents/siblings but the subject was definitely not up for open discussion. I have been completely open with my children in the hope that they will always be able to come to me but also to try and keep conversations like these going on out in the open. That way, you get the right to choose what happens to your baby/fetus/embryo without feeling ashamed that you lost your baby, or feeling that you can't openly grieve.

Telling women how to behave, think and feel damages us all so much. If we are ashamed, it's hard to stand up for our rights. Texas legislation wants us to feel ashamed. This "burial or cremation" is designed to make us think of the embryo/fetus as a baby that we have just killed. We are babykillers. Like hell, am I going to take this one without a fight.

Our stories need to be heard so that we can heal. How can we talk if we are made to feel ashamed?
Things have moved on JG, now you can mourn your lost baby and there are organisations that fight for your right to do what you want. Big hug.
Old Nov 30th 2016, 6:12 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

...They're not forcing amputees to pay for a cremation and burial.
Don't give insurance companies ideas...
Old Nov 30th 2016, 6:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

Do they make death row prisoners pay for their own cremations? That isn't very green. Oh I forgot global warming doesn't exist in Texas.

The amount of energy required to cremate one body is about the same as driving 4,800 miles. The amount of greenhouse gas created by the cremation is equal to 110 pounds (or 27 pounds of coal being burned into the air).

Cremations are also said to contribute to higher rates of nitrogen oxides, carbon monoxide, sulfur dioxide, particulate matter, mercury, hydrogen fluoride (HF), hydrogen chloride (HCl), NMVOCs, and other heavy metals in the air. In fact, the UN estimates that crematoriums contribute up to 0.2% of the annual global emission.

Last edited by mrken30; Nov 30th 2016 at 6:20 pm.
Old Nov 30th 2016, 6:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

If it is something you feel so strongly about move out of Texas / don't move to Texas.

It isn't federal.
Old Nov 30th 2016, 6:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by tom169
If it is something you feel so strongly about move out of Texas / don't move to Texas.

It isn't federal.
Not yet
Old Nov 30th 2016, 6:44 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tom169

It isn't federal.
Oh yes, the go-to response. If you don't like it move.

Because everyone can just up sticks and go to a new house, find a new job, and incur absolutely no negative financial impact in the process.

The US is about liberty and justice for all, not just for pseudo-religious dinosaurs who don't like it when the skirt starts thinking for itself.
Old Nov 30th 2016, 6:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Oh yes, the go-to response. If you don't like it move.

Because everyone can just up sticks and go to a new house, find a new job, and incur absolutely no negative financial impact in the process.

The US is about liberty and justice for all, not just for pseudo-religious dinosaurs who don't like it when the skirt starts thinking for itself.
Hey, it's a solution.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.