New adventures

Old Jun 7th 2022, 1:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Jolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New adventures

We left Little Rock, Arkansas at 9am this morning in a torrential downpour that lasted all the way of our 9 hour drive through Arkansas, Tennessee and Kentucky. It was horrendous! But we made it and are staying the night in Louisville Kentucky and hopefully the final drive tomorrow to Pittsburgh Pennsylvania will be rain free.

Old Jun 7th 2022, 1:47 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jolly Good
We left Little Rock, Arkansas at 9am this morning in a torrential downpour that lasted all the way of our 9 hour drive through Arkansas, Tennessee and Kentucky. It was horrendous! But we made it and are staying the night in Louisville Kentucky and hopefully the final drive tomorrow to Pittsburgh Pennsylvania will be rain free.
Not quite what you envisioned when you talked about new adventures! Glad you made it through the deluge.
Old Jun 7th 2022, 1:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Jolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Not quite what you envisioned when you talked about new adventures! Glad you made it through the deluge.
no it's not. I was hoping for a glimpse of Elvis when we drove through Memphis but it was just raining too hard
Old Jun 7th 2022, 2:15 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

no it's not. I was hoping for a glimpse of Elvis when we drove through Memphis but it was just raining too hard
I don't think Elvis is there at the moment, he was seen here a few days ago I hope it's a nice sunny drive to Pittsburgh tomorrow.

Old Jun 7th 2022, 2:33 am
BE Forum Addict

I don't think Elvis is there at the moment, he was seen here a few days ago I hope it's a nice sunny drive to Pittsburgh tomorrow.
That man sure gets around!

for no rain but the forecast is not looking good.
Old Jun 7th 2022, 5:43 am
Concierge

That man sure gets around!

for no rain but the forecast is not looking good.
Sending sunny wishes

Old Jun 7th 2022, 11:21 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Every time I read Little Rock I think Marilyn Monroe & Jane Russell

There's something very nice about driving in the rain...when someone else is driving.
Old Jun 7th 2022, 11:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Every time I read Little Rock I think Marilyn Monroe & Jane Russell

There's something very nice about driving in the rain...when someone else is driving.
Thankfully no rain today but youngest grandbaby decided to start throwing up about 20 minutes into today's 6 hour journeypoor guy. So lots of stops and starts and clean ups on the way.

So we drove out of Kentucky and into Ohio. I must say the scenery was beautiful today with the sun shining , so much nicer than yesterday! Then into West Virginia and finally Pennsylvania. We are now in our hotel in Pittsburgh for a couple of days then we will be helping our daughter and son in law move into their new house. First impression of Pittsburgh: it looks old and clean and very hilly! A lot different from south Texas!! We will explore the area outside the city tomorrow.

Not feeling great tonight. I think it's lack of sleep, long time in a vehicle and so much happening all at once . On the house sale front all seems to be going ok Friends are making sure plants are kept watered while we are away. There is a heat index of of 100 to 107 degrees for the next few days in Texas. Glad I'm not there right now....
Old Jun 8th 2022, 3:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stuck in a hotel room now! The not feeling good last night turned into a positive covid test for me and daughter
Unbelievable! For over 2 years we have been safe and we still are very cautious where we go and who we go near. Now this!!

So now they are doing their closing via zoom with papers being delivered to hotel. We are not sure what to do really. We either stay isolated in this one room and when her furniture is delivered we go to her new house or we leave really early tomorrow and drive the 18 hours back to Texas straight through. That's providing M doesn't get sick as well. So far he and son in law have no symptoms and tested negative. Hopefully grandkids stay ok as well.

I have a sore throat that feels like fire, sound croaky, runny nose, headache and painful cough. Fever is under control with Tylenol. Daughter is exactly the same.
Old Jun 8th 2022, 3:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

rebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond repute

Stuck in a hotel room now! The not feeling good last night turned into a positive covid test for me and daughter
Unbelievable! For over 2 years we have been safe and we still are very cautious where we go and who we go near. Now this!!

So now they are doing their closing via zoom with papers being delivered to hotel. We are not sure what to do really. We either stay isolated in this one room and when her furniture is delivered we go to her new house or we leave really early tomorrow and drive the 18 hours back to Texas straight through. That's providing M doesn't get sick as well. So far he and son in law have no symptoms and tested negative. Hopefully grandkids stay ok as well.

I have a sore throat that feels like fire, sound croaky, runny nose, headache and painful cough. Fever is under control with Tylenol. Daughter is exactly the same.
Oh no! So sorry to hear that I do hope you start to feel better soon.

Travelling 18 hours straight doesn't sound like a nice option if you are feeling poorly - how long until the furniture is due and you can get to the new house? I think I would be tempted to stay put for a little while - at least in the hotel you have easy access to food and drink, so that's one less thing to have to sort out.
Old Jun 8th 2022, 3:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by rebs
Oh no! So sorry to hear that I do hope you start to feel better soon.

Travelling 18 hours straight doesn't sound like a nice option if you are feeling poorly - how long until the furniture is due and you can get to the new house? I think I would be tempted to stay put for a little while - at least in the hotel you have easy access to food and drink, so that's one less thing to have to sort out.
Furniture should be either Thursday or Friday. We have to leave at the weekend or at least by Monday to go back to Texas for our own last minute stuff and closing. I cannot believe this has happened
Old Jun 8th 2022, 3:55 pm
Gloves off

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Furniture should be either Thursday or Friday. We have to leave at the weekend or at least by Monday to go back to Texas for our own last minute stuff and closing. I cannot believe this has happened
Oh good grief, this is the absolute pits. I would hang on where you are for a few days if possible before attempting the long drive "home".
Old Jun 8th 2022, 4:37 pm
Concierge

Oh fork, what a thing to happen Really sorry to hear this.

As frustrating as it must be to be holed up in the hotel, I also think that you're better staying there than risking that horrendous drive back to Texas. M might test positive, or heaven forbid, you might get worse. You don't want any of that happening on a long drive.

Are you at least able to get out of your hotel room now and then for some fresh air? As bad as you feel, I really hope this is the worst you get and that everyone else is ok.
Old Jun 8th 2022, 5:34 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BuckinghamshireBoy
Oh good grief, this is the absolute pits. I would hang on where you are for a few days if possible before attempting the long drive "home".
Oh fork, what a thing to happen Really sorry to hear this.

As frustrating as it must be to be holed up in the hotel, I also think that you're better staying there than risking that horrendous drive back to Texas. M might test positive, or heaven forbid, you might get worse. You don't want any of that happening on a long drive.

Are you at least able to get out of your hotel room now and then for some fresh air? As bad as you feel, I really hope this is the worst you get and that everyone else is ok.
Another vote for staying put. Do you really want to be cooped up in a car for so many hours while feeling miserable? Hope you soon feel better and that no one else becomes ill.
Old Jun 8th 2022, 6:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Are you able to isolate from the healthy ones - two rooms or more? Otherwise, being in such a confined space doesn't sound good for them.

Is the hotel the type with inside corridor access, or does your door open directly to the outside (classic 'motel' style)? I've been doing only very limited travel by car since covid started, and I've been preferring to stay in 'motel' style rooms so that I don't have to encounter others in the enclosed hallways. However, the 'nicer' hotels tend to be the ones with inside corridors.

For your 'papers' - do they have to be notarized? In my case, I had the title company visit my home instead of me going to them, but - it was still an in-person visit as they want to witness the 'wet ink' signature and then do a formal notarization. If you have covid, you can't really have someone coming into your room for notarization. Perhaps an outdoor table would be acceptable?

I'm itching to travel more myself but it is exactly this scenario that keeps putting me off - what do you do if you are in some remote location and suddenly find yourself positive.

If you are an 'at risk' person, consider getting some 'paxlovid' for yourself if you can. https://www.yalemedicine.org/news/13...lovid-covid-19 - "Paxlovid is an oral antiviral pill that can be taken at home to help keep high-risk patients from getting so sick that they need to be hospitalized. So, if you test positive for the coronavirus and a health care provider writes you a prescription, you can take pills at home and lower your risk of going to the hospital". Good luck!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.