Netflix

Old Feb 5th 2011, 12:20 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Netflix

Originally Posted by dunroving
I had thought about doing that but I remember with NetFlix getting a warning when my list got too short (they were essentially saying if you only have a handful on your list, you could be waiting a long time if they are not available).

Maybe I'll try it and see what hapens. This week I got three titles that were all on my Medium Priority ranking (I have about 20 that are ranked High). I don't recall ever getting sent a DVD that was outside my Top 10 by Netflix.

[Just deleted all my Medium priority ones and made a list so I can add them later if I want. I now just have about 12 High Priority titles. Let's see what happens]
I wonder if this is something that happens when you have the multidisc option...we only have the 1 disc at a time option, and we have always got our number 1 choice without any delays. I didn't realize they did anything else!
Old Feb 5th 2011, 12:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Derrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
I wonder if this is something that happens when you have the multidisc option...we only have the 1 disc at a time option, and we have always got our number 1 choice without any delays. I didn't realize they did anything else!
I only have the one disc at a time option too. I have (occasionally) not received my # 1 choice and they have sent me the # 2 on my list. However, on more than one occasion, my #1 choice became available a day or two after they shipped my # 2 disc and they sent it anyway and sent me an email saying it was a "freebie", which was very nice of them. IMO, they have very good service.
Old Feb 5th 2011, 1:11 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Derrygal
IMO, they have very good service.
Said it before and I'll say it again - Netflix are the first company that comes to mind whenever anyone mentions customer service. They've got it spot on.
Old Feb 5th 2011, 2:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Derrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
Said it before and I'll say it again - Netflix are the first company that comes to mind whenever anyone mentions customer service. They've got it spot on.
Yes they have - I've also think Amazon have great service. I hate shopping (actually when I was younger I used to enjoy shopping - must be an age thing). I purchased most of the Christmas gifts for my family from Amazon - never had a problem with them.
Old Feb 5th 2011, 2:40 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crg
I had never watched Dexter until a few months ago and streamed the first two seasons. I never expected to like the show considering the premise of it. It was so good I had to keep going with the DVDs. I was just in the US last week and switched the netflix shipping address from the place that forwards my mail outside the US to the hotel I was staying at. It was nice to get that quick delivery.

It takes me a while to send/receive. When I'm done watching them, I give them to people I know who fly over to the US and drop them back in the mail for me. If I can go through that much trouble to watch Dexter, surely you can wait 2 days for another disc, no?

I stream American Pickers, Family Guy, The Office, some National Geographic stuff, and a few other things and beam them wirelessly to a PS3 so I can watch them on the TV. I save King of Queens, NCIS, NCIS LA, Modern Marvels, Big Bang, and How I met your mother on the DVR.
You may be prepared to wait but I'm not...I prefer streaming. Waiting for a DVD to arrive seems a little archiac to me.
Old Feb 5th 2011, 2:41 pm
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

I signed up for Vonage when it first came out. They spontaneously lowered my monthly rate by $5 and another $5 a few months later without me even asking. I used to work on telecom projects and most telcom companies just kept quiet when they lowered their rates. They had people paying ridiculous rates and fees for years after they lowered them for their new customers. I have brand loyalty for that.
Old Feb 5th 2011, 2:44 pm
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
You may be prepared to wait but I'm not...I prefer streaming. Waiting for a DVD to arrive seems a little archiac to me.
It's not like you can't watch something else while you are waiting for the disc and you may run out of things that are worth streaming.

Check out Hulu for lots of free streaming. I watched the Doogie Houser pilot episode the other day for some nostalgia. Most of it has short commercial interruptions.
Old Feb 5th 2011, 3:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

I prefer the comfort of lying on my sofa watching a movie, rather than sitting hunched over a computer - streaming is okay for short things, but not a full length movie.
Old Feb 5th 2011, 3:06 pm
crg
American Expat

I prefer the comfort of lying on my sofa watching a movie, rather than sitting hunched over a computer - streaming is okay for short things, but not a full length movie.
Just stream it to your TV. There are Wi-Fi blueray players, roku boxes, PS3 and other devices. I stream wirelessly from my PC to the high def TV with a PS3. You can even use the remote control.
Old Feb 5th 2011, 3:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crg
Just stream it to your TV. There are Wi-Fi blueray players, roku boxes, PS3 and other devices. I stream wirelessly from my PC to the high def TV with a PS3. You can even use the remote control.

Yeah, I steam from the Wii. I use the 1 disc plan for blu-ray
Old Feb 5th 2011, 3:11 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crg
It's not like you can't watch something else while you are waiting for the disc and you may run out of things that are worth streaming.

Check out Hulu for lots of free streaming. I watched the Doogie Houser pilot episode the other day for some nostalgia. Most of it has short commercial interruptions.
I know you're trying hard but you'll never talk me round.

Huh?

I have a dedicated laptop hooked up to my 60" plasma...I stream movies, series...whatever I want to watch.
Old Feb 5th 2011, 3:12 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crg
Even the Wii can stream netflix these days, admittedly that wouldn't be in HD, but still pretty good.
Old Feb 5th 2011, 3:22 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Even the Wii can stream netflix these days, admittedly that wouldn't be in HD, but still pretty good.
I wii
Old Feb 5th 2011, 3:23 pm
crg
American Expat

Originally Posted by Bob
I almost bought a Wii, but found out (like you just pointed out) that the Wii didn't do HD. I figured getting the PS3 would give me the blu ray, the netflix, built in wifi, and could even play games on it.
Old Feb 5th 2011, 4:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

I know you're trying hard but you'll never talk me round.

Huh?

I have a dedicated laptop hooked up to my 60" plasma...I stream movies, series...whatever I want to watch.
I guess I'm not up on modern technology - I assumed streaming was the same as instant play. I have an old fashioned tube television so not sure streaming would work on that. I suppose I could go out and buy a new flat screen, but my philosophy is - if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.