Netflix

Old Jan 8th 2013, 12:52 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Netflix

Originally Posted by kimilseung
So it feels like a party every day, does it?
Just to confirm (what you already know) Jessie is 16:9 with borders above and below on my 4:3 tablet.
So it sounds like it is something specific to our set up then. Thanks.
I need to call Samsung Helpdesk today anyway as last night the screen was switching dim/bright for no apparent reason. Its a new screen, but we've got a couple of other samsung screens that haven't done that, so maybe this is a duff one. Can ask them about the picture size at the same time.
Old Jan 8th 2013, 12:54 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bink

I couldn't replace cable with Netflix. Whilst I do like it, the new content isn't there and you have to wait quite a long time to get it, especially on movies.
Yeah, not sure we will actually go totally wireless....picked up a Roku box as well, so got a few toys to play with, but suspect we will go with a basic satellite package, just to get comcast out of the house as they are really ticking me off with their constant price hikes and lousy service....
Old Jan 8th 2013, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by kimilseung
So it feels like a party every day, does it?
You got that.....its worrying that i find myself chuckling at some of the cr@p the kids are watching
Old Jan 8th 2013, 1:14 pm
Rootbeeraholic

Bink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
Yeah, not sure we will actually go totally wireless....picked up a Roku box as well, so got a few toys to play with, but suspect we will go with a basic satellite package, just to get comcast out of the house as they are really ticking me off with their constant price hikes and lousy service....
I couldn't stand them either. I broke my contract with them and went to U-verse which is much better. What really ticked me off is that Comcast didn't have a system where a central DVR could talk to the other boxes (we have 3 tvs) so you had to have a DVR in each room you wanted to watch something and had to record it in the room you were going to watch it in! Having said that, I just got my bill for last month... $210!!!! May need to threaten to leave...

We only have 1 smart TV at the moment and it's in the same room as our bluray player (which also has netflix et al) but I may change that so that we can watch Netflix in our living room.
Old Jan 8th 2013, 2:54 pm

Unfortunately we can't get U-verse - cable doesn't come out as far as us.

The Dish Hopper is looking like a reasonable solution for us...just not sure what to do about internet...
Old Jan 8th 2013, 2:57 pm

I need to call Samsung Helpdesk today anyway as last night the screen was switching dim/bright for no apparent reason. Its a new screen, but we've got a couple of other samsung screens that haven't done that, so maybe this is a duff one. Can ask them about the picture size at the same time.
Just got off online chat with Samsung. Got to say, its one of the most helpful online heldesks I've come across.

Picture size is apparently because Netflix are streaming those particular programs in SD rather than HD, so we have to take what we get and can't tweak the picture size.

Brightness problem was due to the settings on the "ecosensor" that adjusts brightness according to brightness in room. Tweaked its sensitivity a bit and heypresto, all is good again.
Old Jan 8th 2013, 3:52 pm
Rootbeeraholic

Bink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond repute

Just got off online chat with Samsung. Got to say, its one of the most helpful online heldesks I've come across.

Picture size is apparently because Netflix are streaming those particular programs in SD rather than HD, so we have to take what we get and can't tweak the picture size.

Brightness problem was due to the settings on the "ecosensor" that adjusts brightness according to brightness in room. Tweaked its sensitivity a bit and heypresto, all is good again.
I'm afraid I actually paid someone to adjust the colour and contrasting on my TV. Figured since the TV cost me quite a lot, I may as well make full use of it and it didn't end up costing much either.
Old Jan 8th 2013, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by Bink
I'm afraid I actually paid someone to adjust the colour and contrasting on my TV. Figured since the TV cost me quite a lot, I may as well make full use of it and it didn't end up costing much either.
I've seen that advertised, and was wondering if it was worth it. We've just got a new TV, and are changing the position, so once we decide finally where it is going to go, I was thinking about getting someone in to do it. Then just a couple of days ago, I got a mailshot from Best Buy Reward Zone with a coupon for doing it for free because I've passed whatever level.
Old Jan 8th 2013, 4:49 pm
Rootbeeraholic

I've seen that advertised, and was wondering if it was worth it. We've just got a new TV, and are changing the position, so once we decide finally where it is going to go, I was thinking about getting someone in to do it. Then just a couple of days ago, I got a mailshot from Best Buy Reward Zone with a coupon for doing it for free because I've passed whatever level.
If you can do it for free, I'd say go for it. It's quite noticeable on mine and they left the original settings so I could see the difference.

The only thing I would say is it may depend where the TV is as to whether it's worth doing or not. I have a 65" Panasonic Plasma in a media room which has no windows so the contrast and color are quite noticeable as there's no natural light in the room and I normally run the room nearly dark. In a bright room, it may not be so obvious.
Old Jan 15th 2013, 1:50 pm
Mions' a point.

MostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond repute

There are sites where folks mess with their TVs and post their rec's:

http://www.avforums.com/

Search for your model number. When I followed their recs I was very pleased. I've heard that having them set by a pro for your room is excellent though.

For a hilarious look at electric cars a'la the 'three stooges' (a spoof of course, not being political etc) look at TopGear season 14 episode 2.

Part one is funny, part two is side splitting.

Pete
Old Mar 1st 2013, 5:57 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Great documentary on streaming Netflix about Ronnie Lane and his life starting with the SmallFaces. Lots of good music, although I guess you might need to be of a certain age to remember a lot of it
Old Mar 1st 2013, 11:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Southy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond repute

I'm annoyed at Netflix at the moment. I want to watch Quantum Leap from the beginning so I started it this week. Season 1 episode 1 on Netflix is actually episode 4. With a show like this, how the storyline comes about is quite key. Not impressed
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 6:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

cluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Southy_SWFC
I'm annoyed at Netflix at the moment. I want to watch Quantum Leap from the beginning so I started it this week. Season 1 episode 1 on Netflix is actually episode 4. With a show like this, how the storyline comes about is quite key. Not impressed
I contacted Netflix about this and got nowhere. Someone told me that it could be "contractual issues" to do with either music or not getting clearance from guest stars. Clearly bollocks though as Amazon Prime has the first 4 episodes streaming.
Old Apr 1st 2013, 2:36 pm
Mions' a point.

MostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond repute

Tried a coupla things, the new Dr Who and the original Dr Who. Brings back fond memories of watching Baker's Who with me mum long ago

I've also started watching All Creatures Great and Small from the beginning. I loved the books and this is the first time I've seen the series, from a mostly American POV () it starts a little slow but I've let me plucky side show and am going to watch them all, I love the character sketches.

Pete
Old Apr 1st 2013, 9:45 pm
I approved this message

Hiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond repute

Rewatched "Down and Out in Beverly Hills" over the weekend. I hadn't seen it in probably twenty years. It's still absurdly funny 80s escapism. The party scene towards the end is a perfect combination of subtle observational comedy and manic slapstick. It also features possibly the greatest comedic performance by a dog in film history. If you've never seen it, give it a spin.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.