Netflix

Old Feb 23rd 2012, 10:45 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Netflix

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
I still haven't watched the DVD I've had out for 3 months...pointless.
That's what happened to me...so I cancelled Netflix. I can always pick it up again when I wish to watch something.
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 10:47 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
That's what happened to me...so I cancelled Netflix. I can always pick it up again when I wish to watch something.
Thats what I did too, I now have a list of stuff I want to watch.

Just tried to access it again, and now it just throws me out to the login screen
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 10:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

I got in all right and looked at my account details, I didn't try changing them though.
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 10:54 pm
Rootbeeraholic

Bink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by N1cky

I'm not interested in streaming, only want DVD's. Hate bloody Netflix again already
I got the streaming to watch Prison Break (well worth me getting it just to watch that alone). I have no issues with the quality of it, but it's only any good for older stuff. When my list of shows/movies I want to watch dries up on the availability front on the streaming, I'll drop that aspect and only have the DVD's but for now I'm gonna keep both.

Sorry won't let you change your account settings right now.
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 10:55 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bink
I got the streaming to watch Prison Break (well worth me getting it just to watch that alone). I have no issues with the quality of it, but it's only any good for older stuff. When my list of shows/movies I want to watch dries up on the availability front on the streaming, I'll drop that aspect and only have the DVD's but for now I'm gonna keep both.

Sorry won't let you change your account settings right now.
I watched a load of older stuff before we binned Netflix off in the price hike. I've been doing Redbox a bit, but it's not very convenient.
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 11:00 pm
Rootbeeraholic

Bink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond repute

I watched a load of older stuff before we binned Netflix off in the price hike. I've been doing Redbox a bit, but it's not very convenient.
We switched from Redbox to Netflix as we weren't very good at returning the DVD's straight away and it was costing us like $7 or more a time....
The streaming would be really good if it had the same selection as the DVDs.
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 11:10 pm

We switched from Redbox to Netflix as we weren't very good at returning the DVD's straight away and it was costing us like $7 or more a time....
Agreed. I found I went to the store to pick the movie up, grab a few groceries and get back home without the DVD, have to go back...
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 11:15 pm
Forum Regular

Leyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud of

My wife and I used to have both the streaming and DVD package but ditched the latter when they increased the prices.

We love the streaming feature as we can stream it directly to our TV and it is pretty decent quality-- just wish that it had the same selection as the DVD options, but for $7.99 a month we can't complain.
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 11:17 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leyther
My wife and I used to have both the streaming and DVD package but ditched the latter when they increased the prices.

We love the streaming feature as we can stream it directly to our TV and it is pretty decent quality-- just wish that it had the same selection as the DVD options, but for $7.99 a month we can't complain.
I hate seeing something I want to watch...then having to wait a couple of days for the DVD to arrive in my mail box.
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 11:24 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I hate seeing something I want to watch...then having to wait a couple of days for the DVD to arrive in my mail box.
I never see anything I want to watch on streaming, everything is so old. The only stuff I ever want to watch is what has just been on in the cinema, we never get to go without our 9 year old.

I noticed the recommendation when I logged on was for Sliding Doors and that was a new release onto streaming
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 11:30 pm
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

I never see anything I want to watch on streaming, everything is so old. The only stuff I ever want to watch is what has just been on in the cinema, we never get to go without our 9 year old.

I noticed the recommendation when I logged on was for Sliding Doors and that was a new release onto streaming
Vudu works out more expensive than Netflix, but they have all the new movies, the same day as the DVDs are released. Mainly, the prices are $3.99 for SD, $4.99 for HD (720p) and $5.99 for HDX (1080p).
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 11:35 pm
Rootbeeraholic

Originally Posted by Uncle Ebenezer
Vudu works out more expensive than Netflix, but they have all the new movies, the same day as the DVDs are released. Mainly, the prices are $3.99 for SD, $4.99 for HD (720p) and $5.99 for HDX (1080p).
That's the same as pay-per-view where you can also get same day as DVD
Old Feb 27th 2012, 4:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Guindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond repute

I just cancelled my DVD plan (actually Blu ray) and saved $10 a month. We use Redbox for the latest movies if we want them, so it's a lot cheaper than paying for films we're not watching!

With the StarzPlay stuff being removed after Wednesday, we'll have to re-evaluate the value of streaming and maybe cancel that too if there's nothing left to watch.
Old Feb 27th 2012, 6:47 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Guindalf
I just cancelled my DVD plan (actually Blu ray) and saved $10 a month. We use Redbox for the latest movies if we want them, so it's a lot cheaper than paying for films we're not watching!

With the StarzPlay stuff being removed after Wednesday, we'll have to re-evaluate the value of streaming and maybe cancel that too if there's nothing left to watch.
Seems to me that when I had both streaming and DVDs through Netflix (before they changed their plan), there weren't that many DVDs I wanted to watch...I mostly used streaming.

Now that I've dropped the DVD portion of the plan, it seems whenever I look up a movie I want to watch, it's only available on DVD!!! Either that, or Netflix doesn't have that movie available at all. Ugh!

Rene
Old Apr 17th 2012, 2:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Working our way through the early Taggarts - excellent

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.