Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Mum's playing the tunes again...ears down

Mum's playing the tunes again...ears down

Old Dec 21st 2008, 3:06 am
Banned

katieuk has much to be proud ofkatieuk has much to be proud ofkatieuk has much to be proud ofkatieuk has much to be proud ofkatieuk has much to be proud ofkatieuk has much to be proud ofkatieuk has much to be proud ofkatieuk has much to be proud ofkatieuk has much to be proud ofkatieuk has much to be proud ofkatieuk has much to be proud of
Red face Mum's playing the tunes again...ears down

So every once in a while, I feel the need to play something from way back when. I dig out my LP's (yes I have a turntable!) and CD's, and have a blast.

Tonight it was Blondie, The Specials and ???Rod Stewart???

Anyone else have the same urges?
Old Dec 21st 2008, 3:08 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mum's playing the tunes again...ears down

I'd like a record player. Got the speakers (brought them over from the UK). I have a ton of vinyl. Perhaps 500 or so in total (LPs, 12"s, 7"s and other odd sizes).
Old Dec 21st 2008, 3:13 am
BE Forum Addict

DeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, I had this urge last week! I suddenly wanted to listen to some eighties pop to remind me of my childhood:

Alison Moyet - Love Resurrection
Howard Jones - What is Love
Hall and Oates - Private Eyes

to mention a few.
Old Dec 21st 2008, 3:15 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeanUK2US
Yep, I had this urge last week! I suddenly wanted to listen to some eighties pop to remind me of my childhood:

Alison Moyet - Love Resurrection
Howard Jones - What is Love
Hall and Oates - Private Eyes

to mention a few.
Wow! Those very tunes bring back some memories, especially Hojo whom I saw live...
Old Dec 21st 2008, 3:19 am
Banned

katieuk has much to be proud ofkatieuk has much to be proud ofkatieuk has much to be proud ofkatieuk has much to be proud ofkatieuk has much to be proud ofkatieuk has much to be proud ofkatieuk has much to be proud ofkatieuk has much to be proud ofkatieuk has much to be proud ofkatieuk has much to be proud ofkatieuk has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
I'd like a record player. Got the speakers (brought them over from the UK). I have a ton of vinyl. Perhaps 500 or so in total (LPs, 12"s, 7"s and other odd sizes).
When I packed my boxes, the most important thing was getting my LPs here in good shape. And I am happy to say they are still fantastic! You have to get a record player - the scratches sound as bad as ever
Old Dec 21st 2008, 3:20 am
BE Forum Addict

DeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond repute

Wow! Those very tunes bring back some memories, especially Hojo whom I saw live...
What reminded me of a lot of these tunes is a game based in 80's Miami (Grand Theft Auto: Vice City), where the developers licensed these tunes and created a very authentic eighties atmosphere. Amazing!
Old Dec 21st 2008, 3:21 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

Originally Posted by katieuk
When I packed my boxes, the most important thing was getting my LPs here in good shape. And I am happy to say they are still fantastic! You have to get a record player - the scratches sound as bad as ever
Ummmm... Pretty much all my vinyl is still packed up from when the movers did the packing six years ago when I left the UK so I suppose the records are still in good condition.
Old Dec 21st 2008, 3:26 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Old Dec 21st 2008, 3:27 am
Banned

Ummmm... Pretty much all my vinyl is still packed up from when the movers did the packing six years ago when I left the UK so I suppose the records are still in good condition.
Be careful there. Open the boxes up and make sure they're OK. They have to be upright and stored somewhere that maintains a constant temp. Otherwise they'll warp. And definitely off a cold floor.
Old Dec 21st 2008, 3:29 am

Jaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond repute

I sold all of my UK hifi gear but left my Revolver Rebel turntable in my parents attic, my vinyl is here, yet to be unpacked, looking forward to hearing Joni Mitchell and Patti Smith, Led Zeppelin someday...
Old Dec 21st 2008, 3:34 am
Banned

[QUOTE=Bradford Lass;7087285 Led Zeppelin someday...[/QUOTE]

My Chinchillas ate the edges of my Zep LPs
Old Dec 21st 2008, 3:35 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

Be careful there. Open the boxes up and make sure they're OK. They have to be upright and stored somewhere that maintains a constant temp. Otherwise they'll warp. And definitely off a cold floor.
Check to most of that. Some of the wrapped records are stacked up, not upright but the majority of the packages have the vinyl standing upright.
Old Dec 21st 2008, 3:35 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

I assume you mean the sleeves. At least they have good taste.
Old Dec 21st 2008, 3:36 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

we've got chinchilla's too.

Joan Armatrading......... you're welcome.

Old Dec 21st 2008, 3:44 am
Banned

I love Chinchillas. They're like the furry little friends that will destroy your life if given a chance. But you still love them...LP covers, phone cords, shoes, eyelashes (a drunken friend who slept on the floor while they were running around)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.