Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Leaving on a Jet Plane

Leaving on a Jet Plane

Old Jul 21st 2009, 8:51 am
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Leaving on a Jet Plane

Originally Posted by Dogbyte
And put all that weight you lost, back on. Sorry we missed you ! been sunning ourselves in Myrtle Beach in 90 degs oh sorry your back in rainy Manchester now LOL !.Hope your journey went OK, say Hi to hubby and DD from us !
No worries about putting the weight back on ..I induldged all weekend but now its time to reign it back in..

Hope you had a great time in Myrtle Beach..DD keeps asking to go to the beach here but then of course it starts raining so we have to keep postponing the trip..

DD and OH say Hi and we'll call you soon.
Old Jul 21st 2009, 9:02 am
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike
I grew up near Manchester and have a niece there now ... so keen to hear the impressions! My last impression of Manchester was as a 15-year old seeing Deep Purple in concert, getting ripped in a pub, and missing the last train home ... sleeping behind a gas station after unsuccessfully hitching home ...

How long were you away for?
I've moved back to Salford (but not for bloody long if I can help it) and I've been away for 8 years but my last visit home was 2 years ago..

lots has changed thats for sure..some good and some bad but it definately feels a lot more crowded..
Old Jul 21st 2009, 3:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lisag8070
ohhh only 6 miles away..thats dangerous..

oh and trust me they'll be more stories..when I can get near the computer..

It could be a little further than that, she is in Stockport Not too dangerous there (yet) Where are you planning on 'living' over there? Looking forward to the stories, whenever you get time Have fun, and keep the brolly handy!
Old Jul 27th 2009, 10:59 am
BE Forum Addict

bevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond repute

My oldest and some friends made the trip to Greensboro this weekend for a concert. They rented a car and got a hotel room to go to a $5 concert! 4 bands though and it went on till 3 in the morning. You left too soon, I'm sure they would have taken you.
Old Jul 27th 2009, 12:31 pm
Last orders please...

Originally Posted by bevinva
My oldest and some friends made the trip to Greensboro this weekend for a concert. They rented a car and got a hotel room to go to a $5 concert! 4 bands though and it went on till 3 in the morning. You left too soon, I'm sure they would have taken you.
I could have showed them how to party old school style..
Old Jul 27th 2009, 12:32 pm
Last orders please...

Originally Posted by Englishtart
It could be a little further than that, she is in Stockport Not too dangerous there (yet) Where are you planning on 'living' over there? Looking forward to the stories, whenever you get time Have fun, and keep the brolly handy!
your not kidding about the brolly..bloody weather..you don't know what its going to do from one minute to the next..

oh and we're hoping to move over to Yorkshire before school starts..
Old Jul 27th 2009, 1:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

your not kidding about the brolly..bloody weather..you don't know what its going to do from one minute to the next..

I would swap the weather situation with you in a heartbeat at the moment, rain is like 'gold' falling from the sky here, when I have to use the sprinklers on the grass, my bill goes up to a ridiculous amount! So 'free' rain water is most welcome

I am jealous! Yorkshire is a beautiful area, hope you find a great home/schools there. Good luck, keep us updated
Old Jul 27th 2009, 1:42 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Do you speak Yorkshire then?
Old Jul 27th 2009, 3:15 pm
Last orders please...

Originally Posted by cindyabs
Do you speak Yorkshire then?
aye appen...
Old Jul 27th 2009, 3:46 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

aye appen...
Whew!!
Old Jul 28th 2009, 12:33 am
Forum Regular

kirby is just really nicekirby is just really nicekirby is just really nicekirby is just really nicekirby is just really nicekirby is just really nicekirby is just really nicekirby is just really nicekirby is just really nice

aye appen...
Awww Ey-up Lisa,

Hope all is going well back home, things here are back on track (if you know what i mean)

Angela.x
Old Jul 28th 2009, 7:54 am
Last orders please...

Originally Posted by kirby
Awww Ey-up Lisa,

Hope all is going well back home, things here are back on track (if you know what i mean)

Angela.x
aye up lass hows it going in you neck of the woods?

things are good here, were just enjoying the summer holidays..
Old Jul 28th 2009, 7:54 am
Last orders please...

Originally Posted by cindyabs
Whew!!
Old Aug 1st 2009, 1:25 am
Banned

Desdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond repute

Lisa We said our goodbyes before I left on our holiday ... and true to your word you're back with updates You sound happy to be home and that's the main thing
Old Aug 1st 2009, 5:08 am
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute

Is the Cresent (pub) still going strong on the old A6 ....used to love it in there ...trying to work out which part of the bar Friedrich Engels leant on

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.