British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Trailer Park (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/)
-   -   Leaving on a Jet Plane (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/leaving-jet-plane-620206/)

lisag8070 Jul 15th 2009 3:47 am

Leaving on a Jet Plane

Don't know when I'll be back again..

Well as some of you have noticed I've mentioned going home soon... well that day is upon me, in less than 11 hours I will be leaving the United States and heading back to good ol blightly...for an indefinite period of leave..;)

I've left the house in the hands of the Realtor (its been 7 months and still not sold.) but I'm heading back in time to hopefully see the week of summer that England has to offer, which means about 20 degrees and pissing down with rain...but hey I've got me raincoat..

I'd just like to say thanks to everyone on here, and thanks to the immigration gurus (those peeps know their stuff) and thanks to everyone for their advise or opinions over the years and also for the many nights that peeps on here have had me in stitches pissing my sides laughing..:thumbsup:

god it sounds like an acceptance speech at the oscars doesn't it, right OK I'll be quick before I get dragged off the stage..

So its Adios, Aufweidersein, au revior America..

But its definitely not goodbye to BE, as in the words of Arnie...I'll be back..;)

but right now I have to strip the computer down and pack it all away so see you all in a few days.

Play nice..;)

Toodles..

scrubbedexpat097 Jul 15th 2009 3:53 am

Re: Leaving on a Jet Plane

Originally Posted by lisag8070 (Post 7753439)

Well as some of you have noticed I've mentioned going home soon... well that day is upon me, in less than 11 hours I will be leaving the United States and heading back to good ol blightly...for an indefinite period of leave..;)

I've left the house in the hands of the Realtor (its been 7 months and still not sold.) but I'm heading back in time to hopefully see the week of summer that England has to offer, which means about 20 degrees and pissing down with rain...but hey I've got me raincoat..

I'd just like to say thanks to everyone on here, and thanks to the immigration gurus (those peeps know their stuff) and thanks to everyone for their advise or opinions over the years and also for the many nights that peeps on here have had me in stitches pissing my sides laughing..:thumbsup:

god it sounds like an acceptance speech at the oscars doesn't it, right OK I'll be quick before I get dragged off the stage..

But its definitely not goodbye to BE, as in the words of Arnie...I'll be back..;)

but right now I have to strip the computer down and pack it all away so see you all in a few days.

Play nice..;)

Toodles..

Safe trip back honey. Stay in touch and don't forget your brolly;):wub:

Jerseygirl Jul 15th 2009 4:12 am

Wow that's come around fast. :blink:

I wish you and your family the very best Lisa...good luck and don't forget to let us know how you are getting on from time to time.

sambapink Jul 15th 2009 4:21 am

Lisa, geniunely I hope 'home' is everything you hope it to be.. Make sure you keep us updated.. you are an absolute sweetheart.. Bon Voyage :wub:

cindyabs Jul 15th 2009 9:34 am

With all best wishes for a safe and easy trip and settling back in. :thumbup:

bevinva Jul 15th 2009 10:34 am

Hope everything goes well for your family, at least this time around you know what is ahead of you culture wise.

Now I'm crying and wishing it was me going, must pull my silly self together before the family gets up.

tonrob Jul 15th 2009 10:52 am

Good luck! Expect to hear all about your elevated curry consumption as soon as the computer's back up and running! :lol:

DeanUK2US Jul 15th 2009 12:41 pm

I'll tell you something that will make you want to stay in NC...

Gordon Brown is still PM! :eek:

Good luck with your return. :fingerscrossed: :)

lisa67 Jul 15th 2009 12:49 pm

wishing you and your family a good trip back :)

nethead Jul 15th 2009 1:00 pm

Wishing you lots of luck and best wishes for the future Lisa.

mellybrown Jul 15th 2009 2:01 pm

good luck and goodbye for now!!!!

Englishtart Jul 15th 2009 3:51 pm

Wow!! you left already! I thought you had days left, not hours! Happy trails to you all Lisa, I wish you the very best the UK has to offer:thumbup:

Hope you get chance to pop back in here and bring us up to date on your adventure:)

robskatie Jul 15th 2009 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by lisag8070 (Post 7753439)

Play nice..;)

Toodles..

Travel safely and enjoy being "home" again, take care xxx

Sally Redux Jul 15th 2009 9:41 pm

Dear Lisa, you have given me a lot of laughs on BE, I hope everything goes smoothly with your journey and that you'll all be very happy in your new life xx

Bob Jul 16th 2009 2:49 am

Good Luck!!