Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Ladies....Anyone had the Novasure procedure?

Ladies....Anyone had the Novasure procedure?

Old Jan 31st 2013, 4:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ladies....Anyone had the Novasure procedure?

Originally Posted by Havnfun
I had it done a number of years ago and I had it done in as an outpatient in the hospital and was put out completely. No real pain after just cramping. Unfortunately, it didn't work for me and a couple years later I had a partial hysterectomy - best thing I ever did!
Thank you
and thank you everyone who responded
Old Jan 31st 2013, 4:37 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishtart
Thank you

Yes it is the ablasion procedure, supposedly 'burns' away the lining of the womb, my womens clinic Dr would much prefer to do a hysterectomy than this, but he said it's not that easy these days, there has to be other options tried first? To be honest, i'm not ready for that just yet.

I am menopausal, was having lots of issues with hot flashes etc and so this Dr put me on natural hormones, that was almost 4 months ago, since then I have gone back to having a menstrual cycle, plus almost continual spotting I am only on a low dose of hormones ,they have stopped the menopause side effects completely, which I love, but don't like the new side effect!! This Nuvosure is meant to stop those for good?

I will be asking a few more questions of the Dr this afternoon before he performs it, if it doesn't sound like a permanent solution, I may have to re-think it.
Look for a post/thread or it could have been a blog by Geordie George (oz forum). It was a few years ago but she wrote in detail about her experience with the procedure.
Old Jan 31st 2013, 5:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

My sympathies. I had problems with heavy periods but am able to control it with the Pill. I would consider this if I were younger, but keep hoping for menopause now. All the best with it.
Old Jan 31st 2013, 5:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Look for a post/thread or it could have been a blog by Geordie George (oz forum). It was a few years ago but she wrote in detail about her experience with the procedure.
Thanx JG, will do

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
My sympathies. I had problems with heavy periods but am able to control it with the Pill. I would consider this if I were younger, but keep hoping for menopause now. All the best with it.
It was definitely nice to see the end of that monthly 'visitor' when I started menopause, unfortunately if like me, the side effects from that are really affecting your life, hormones seem to be the only answer.....I would prefer to take no meds, especially hormones and just age gracefully
Old Jan 31st 2013, 5:27 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Thanx JG, will do

It was definitely nice to see the end of that monthly 'visitor' when I started menopause, unfortunately if like me, the side effects from that are really affecting your life, hormones seem to be the only answer.....I would prefer to take no meds, especially hormones and just age gracefully
You could PM her...she is lovely...a fellow Sheffielder.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/member.php?u=31018

The more I thing about it...I think it was a blog and you can't search for blogs.
Old Jan 31st 2013, 5:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You could PM her...she is lovely...a fellow Sheffielder.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/member.php?u=31018

The more I thing about it...I think it was a blog and you can't search for blogs.
Yep, thanx sweety, I just sent her a PM, couldn't find the thread, read a couple of others she started, she sounds just like us lot!!
Old Jan 31st 2013, 5:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

jjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond repute

are you taken any medications that could be causing your hot flushes to be worse? I suffered for a good 10 yrs of sweating and it was still occurring (and still does to a degree) even once I got pass that stage. Someone mentioned sweating and medications - so I looked my medications and one stood out - lisinopril for high blood pressure as my sweating definitely kicked up to another level when my doctor increased my dose. So with blood pressure meter in hand, I decided to go back to the lower does and sure enough my sweating went down to a level that is manageable now. My blood pressure has been fine with the lower dose ( yeah working out in the gym is working)
I am going to see my doctor in a few weeks for my regular checkup and see if I can get alternative. Metformin is another that might be as issue as well.
Old Jan 31st 2013, 5:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by jjmb
are you taken any medications that could be causing your hot flushes to be worse? I suffered for a good 10 yrs of sweating and it was still occurring (and still does to a degree) even once I got pass that stage. Someone mentioned sweating and medications - so I looked my medications and one stood out - lisinopril for high blood pressure as my sweating definitely kicked up to another level when my doctor increased my dose. So with blood pressure meter in hand, I decided to go back to the lower does and sure enough my sweating went down to a level that is manageable now. My blood pressure has been fine with the lower dose ( yeah working out in the gym is working)
I am going to see my doctor in a few weeks for my regular checkup and see if I can get alternative. Metformin is another that might be as issue as well.
I'm actually lucky that I don't have any BP issues (yet lol) Hubby does and he takes Lisinopril and does occasionally get hot flashes with that too. The only regular meds that I take are a statin for high cholesterol, reflux meds and now the hormones, also vitamins, but just D and B12.
thankyou for the info though

Good luck getting a different med, hot flashes are a big PITA!!!
Old Jan 31st 2013, 8:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Just got back from the app't, seems that the tissue samples he took during the colcoscopy, showed that he had 'snipped' a piece of what they think is a polyp. The Dr wants me to have an ultra sound before proceeding, he said I may not be a candidate for the Nuvasure now and I may have to have a D&C first and then go from there.

Ultra sound scheduled for two weeks and will go see the Dr again a week after that, ho hum....

thank you again guys for your input
Old Jan 31st 2013, 9:09 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Just got back from the app't, seems that the tissue samples he took during the colcoscopy, showed that he had 'snipped' a piece of what they think is a polyp. The Dr wants me to have an ultra sound before proceeding, he said I may not be a candidate for the Nuvasure now and I may have to have a D&C first and then go from there.

Ultra sound scheduled for two weeks and will go see the Dr again a week after that, ho hum....

thank you again guys for your input
I had polyps removed during my first colonoscopy. I've had D&C too. You name it and I've had it.
Old Jan 31st 2013, 9:10 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

I had polyps removed during my first colonoscopy. I've had D&C too. You name it and I've had it.
You never had the gout though
Old Jan 31st 2013, 9:12 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Ray
You never had the gout though
True...very true.
Old Jan 31st 2013, 9:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

he said that cervical polyps are not the same as colon polyps, no idea why though, I guess I should learn to ask more questions!
Old Jan 31st 2013, 10:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

jjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond repute

This place is becoming regular medical forum Good luck with ultrasound, do you know what type? I had a polyp in my uterus, not sure if that is the same as what you have. Just as well we have good medical insurance with all the procedures I have had in last 12 yrs! Fortunately all of them have had good outcomes.
Old Feb 1st 2013, 2:38 am
BE Forum Addict

mandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond repute

This thread has been very helpful. Earlier this week my doctor recommended I have an ablation but warned that in my case it may not work. I have been reading the leaflet she gave me but am not sure whether to go ahead with it because if it's not successful it would mean having a hysterectomy which I would rather avoid. I could go on a low dose birth control pill to see if that works but last time I took The Pill I had a few problems with it. Mind you that was many moons ago.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.