Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Ladies....Anyone had the Novasure procedure?

Ladies....Anyone had the Novasure procedure?

Old Feb 8th 2013, 5:05 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ladies....Anyone had the Novasure procedure?

Originally Posted by mandpete
The heavier the sedation the better for me.
Tell them that and you won't know anything about it.

When I had foot surgery the surgeon said I could chose the level of sedation. He said some of his patients want to sit up so they can watch and talk through the whole procedure. That's not for me...I would rather hear/see/feel nothing.
Old Feb 8th 2013, 5:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

mandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishtart
Great news on the test results I got my byopsy results today, mine were normal too

I go back next week for the Ultra sound, did you have a 'normal' one, or was it the one with the saline?

I am looking forward to the end of all this mess too, good luck sweety
I had an internal one and then a 'normal' one, not sure what a saline one is. I hope your ultrasound is fine.
Old Feb 8th 2013, 5:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

mandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl

When I had foot surgery the surgeon said I could chose the level of sedation. He said some of his patients want to sit up so they can watch and talk through the whole procedure. That's not for me...I would rather hear/see/feel nothing.
I can guarantee I won't be watching or listening to anything that goes on.
Old Feb 8th 2013, 5:15 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I can guarantee I won't be watching or listening to anything that goes on.
Where are you having it done?
Old Feb 8th 2013, 5:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

I had an internal one and then a 'normal' one, not sure what a saline one is. I hope your ultrasound is fine.
Thanx Mandy, I'm not sure what the saline one is either, but it is used to find polyps apparently, my Dr found a polyp so was just wondering.
Old Feb 8th 2013, 5:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

The worst 'office' procedure I ever had were ingrown toenail removal I had both big toenails removed on the same visit! The shots of pain meds I got beforehand hurt so much more than anything else (even 44 hrs of labor!!) Given the choice, I would have definitely wanted to be 'out' for that!
Old Feb 8th 2013, 5:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Where are you having it done?
At the newly opened Princeton Hospital in Plainsboro. Gregory House may be hanging around somewhere
Old Feb 8th 2013, 6:01 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

At the newly opened Princeton Hospital in Plainsboro. Gregory House may be hanging around somewhere
That would be so call.
Good luck to all you fine ladies suffering from this kind of stuff.
It sucks. So glad to be rid of my malfunctioning bits.
I had a couple of biopsies, no anaesthtic, they nearly had to peel me off the roof, but that was nothing compared to the agony of waiting for the results.
Old Feb 8th 2013, 6:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

jjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond repute

Thanx Mandy, I'm not sure what the saline one is either, but it is used to find polyps apparently, my Dr found a polyp so was just wondering.

I had this, they insert a catheter and push water into the uterus. It was little uncomfortable and little bit of cramping if I remember rightly but doesn't take that long.
Old Feb 8th 2013, 6:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
That would be so call.
Good luck to all you fine ladies suffering from this kind of stuff.
It sucks. So glad to be rid of my malfunctioning bits.
I had a couple of biopsies, no anaesthtic, they nearly had to peel me off the roof, but that was nothing compared to the agony of waiting for the results.
I'm starting to think it might just be easier (and less painful) to get my bits removed too

I hear ya on the awaiting results thing! Glad you are doing so well!
Old Feb 8th 2013, 6:14 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

I seriously can not over stress how much of a life changer it was for me.
I was so ill for so long but just didn't realise it.

I called it the engineers solution ..
is it broken?
yes

do i need it?
no

then whip it out !!!
Old Feb 8th 2013, 6:53 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

The worst 'office' procedure I ever had were ingrown toenail removal I had both big toenails removed on the same visit! The shots of pain meds I got beforehand hurt so much more than anything else (even 44 hrs of labor!!) Given the choice, I would have definitely wanted to be 'out' for that!
My daughter had that done when she was about 14. The injection straight into the end of the big toe made me wince...not to mention the removal of part of the nail, nail bed and root. Solved the problem though...she never had trouble with it again so it was worth the pain.

Thanks. For some reason I thought you lived near me...NW NJ.
Old Feb 8th 2013, 8:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

My daughter had that done when she was about 14. The injection straight into the end of the big toe made me wince...not to mention the removal of part of the nail, nail bed and root. Solved the problem though...she never had trouble with it again so it was worth the pain.
Yes, there is no way anyone would want to go through that again!! I take very good care of my toenails now!
Old Feb 11th 2013, 1:29 am
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

I was told I could go the ablation route, or hysterectomy. I wasn't keen on either and opted to try the coil first. It's early days ( just a couple of months) but seems to have done the job by well.
Old Feb 11th 2013, 2:40 pm
Professional Cat herder

Ms Elui I'm really glad the Mirena thingy worked for you.
When I was researching my options the 5 year success rate for the IUS and Ablation seemed to be around the same , so if I were choosing between the two I can see that would be a reasonable decision.

I started reacting badly to any hormones they tried to shove into me , so I just knew that the possible side effects would beome a reality for me.
Plus , and I know this sounds weird but I just couldn't cope knowing that I had somethign inside me, I'd be obsessively checking to see if it was still there every 5 minutes ! every twinge and I'd be convinced that it was working its way through my insides !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.