Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Ladies....Anyone had the Novasure procedure?

Ladies....Anyone had the Novasure procedure?

Old Jan 31st 2013, 12:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute
Question Ladies....Anyone had the Novasure procedure?

I am scheduled to have this in the Dr's office this afternoon, he did a colcoscopy last Thursday to make sure my (bleeding) issues are nothing to be concerned about. What worries me about it is that he told me that most women have the procedure as an outpatient at a hospital, but he thinks I can cope with having him do it in his office without any sedation meds

I am usually pretty good with most pain, he said that his patients usually scream at him during colcoscopy's, he said it's the 'British way' the stiff upper lip attitude that keeps me quiet!!

Just wondering if anyone here has had this procedure and if you have, how was it? did you have any 'help' beforehand?
Old Jan 31st 2013, 12:57 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ladies....Anyone had the Novasure procedure?

Originally Posted by Englishtart
I am scheduled to have this in the Dr's office this afternoon, he did a colcoscopy last Thursday to make sure my (bleeding) issues are nothing to be concerned about. What worries me about it is that he told me that most women have the procedure as an outpatient at a hospital, but he thinks I can cope with having him do it in his office without any sedation meds

I am usually pretty good with most pain, he said that his patients usually scream at him during colcoscopy's, he said it's the 'British way' the stiff upper lip attitude that keeps me quiet!!

Just wondering if anyone here has had this procedure and if you have, how was it? did you have any 'help' beforehand?

Had it twice. It's no biggie, no sedation needed, but I recommend some sort of local-type numbing thing if they are actually going to take a tissue sample. The first time I didn't have it - I survived, but it was a bit character building and I have a pretty high tolerance for that sort of thing. The second time the doc numbed things a bit inside with a topical anesthetic and it was as easy as pie, like a smear test.
Doctor's office is fine for this, it really is.
Old Jan 31st 2013, 1:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Had it twice. It's no biggie, no sedation needed, but I recommend some sort of local-type numbing thing if they are actually going to take a tissue sample. The first time I didn't have it - I survived, but it was a bit character building and I have a pretty high tolerance for that sort of thing. The second time the doc numbed things a bit inside with a topical anesthetic and it was as easy as pie, like a smear test.
Doctor's office is fine for this, it really is.
Thank you hunni
that's quite a relief, the colcoscopy last week was a tissue sample thing and I got through that with no meds, so this should be ok.

Can I ask why you had to have it twice?
Old Jan 31st 2013, 1:13 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Joyceee had this last year

in the clinic at 10am out at 10.25
mowing the grass at 11am
Old Jan 31st 2013, 1:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Ray
Joyceee had this last year

in the clinic at 10am out at 10.25
mowing the grass at 11am
Thank you Ray

LOL...she is an
Old Jan 31st 2013, 1:40 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you hunni
that's quite a relief, the colcoscopy last week was a tissue sample thing and I got through that with no meds, so this should be ok.

Can I ask why you had to have it twice?
Ah, sorry, I misread your post. I had the colposcopy twice, which is what I was talking about. After the first one I had a procedure (not the one you are having, after googling) for which I had an internal local. The second one was another look a while later, but nothing was needed. But it sounds like the one you are having is about the same level of discomfort. Don't be conned into mowing Ray's lawn afterwards though.
Old Jan 31st 2013, 1:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ah, sorry, I misread your post. I had the colposcopy twice, which is what I was talking about. After the first one I had a procedure (not the one you are having, after googling) for which I had an internal local. The second one was another look a while later, but nothing was needed. But it sounds like the one you are having is about the same level of discomfort. Don't be conned into mowing Ray's lawn afterwards though.
No chance of that! We gave up lawns and yard upkeep in August, don't miss it a bit!!

Will let you know later if the discomfort level is the same.
Old Jan 31st 2013, 1:50 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I would not have it done without sedation. I don't want to see, hear or feel anything...but that's just me.
Old Jan 31st 2013, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I don't want to see, hear or feel anything...but that's just me.
Have you ever tried one of those sensory deprivation tanks?
Old Jan 31st 2013, 2:02 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Would that infringe on my rights to carry a gun?
Old Jan 31st 2013, 2:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I would not have it done without sedation. I don't want to see, hear or feel anything...but that's just me.
I'm going to take a couple of tylenol before the appointment, hopefuly that will take the edge off

Old Jan 31st 2013, 3:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

jjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond repute

so this is an ablation procedure? I wouldn't have done without any sedation. How old are you, if you don't mind me asking? If you are near menopause, it might work but if you a way out, it might be worth asking about a hysterectomy. You can get some really good info at this discussion forum- http://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/

I had an ablation in 2002 and I was fine for 18 months but then all my issues came back and worse. Fortunately I was on the cusp of menopause by then and after some close calls, avoided having a hysterectomy.
Old Jan 31st 2013, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

Havnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond repute

I had it done a number of years ago and I had it done in as an outpatient in the hospital and was put out completely. No real pain after just cramping. Unfortunately, it didn't work for me and a couple years later I had a partial hysterectomy - best thing I ever did!
Old Jan 31st 2013, 3:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

HarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond repute

No, only your ability to keep it dry and not look like a total tube...
Old Jan 31st 2013, 4:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by jjmb
so this is an ablation procedure? I wouldn't have done without any sedation. How old are you, if you don't mind me asking? If you are near menopause, it might work but if you a way out, it might be worth asking about a hysterectomy. You can get some really good info at this discussion forum- http://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/

I had an ablation in 2002 and I was fine for 18 months but then all my issues came back and worse. Fortunately I was on the cusp of menopause by then and after some close calls, avoided having a hysterectomy.
Thank you

Yes it is the ablasion procedure, supposedly 'burns' away the lining of the womb, my womens clinic Dr would much prefer to do a hysterectomy than this, but he said it's not that easy these days, there has to be other options tried first? To be honest, i'm not ready for that just yet.

I am menopausal, was having lots of issues with hot flashes etc and so this Dr put me on natural hormones, that was almost 4 months ago, since then I have gone back to having a menstrual cycle, plus almost continual spotting I am only on a low dose of hormones ,they have stopped the menopause side effects completely, which I love, but don't like the new side effect!! This Nuvosure is meant to stop those for good?

I will be asking a few more questions of the Dr this afternoon before he performs it, if it doesn't sound like a permanent solution, I may have to re-think it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.