KY Meetup

Old Dec 21st 2008, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

Skint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: KY Meetup

Big fun and a most enjoyable time. Lovely to claw back a little of my britishnessness with people who comprehended what I was talking about without the need for constant explanation of a) the subject or b) the fact I was attempting to be ironic

Open invitation to anyone from yesterday's soiree who wants to get together for the odd drink or meal in/around the Gt Cincy region - or if you just wanna 'chill' at ours with some british telly or a joketelling session.

Only regret is that Mrs Skint & I didn't get much chance to speak with the people at the other end of the table... the "dodgykeeps" and "mojofilter" parties I believe?

I said to the missus on the walk home that things would have been a LOT easier for me ten years ago if I'd known a few local brits to help keep my sanity intact back then - so am happy to spend time with any of you peeps.
Old Dec 21st 2008, 8:51 pm
Dizzy Blonde

clarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond repute

We had a great time too - We'd be up for another meet up / meal ..... Next time we'd probably do it child free, We have every alternate weekend with just two out of six kids so its easier to get a sitter then!
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 1:16 pm
Forum Regular

Dodgykeeps will become famous soon enoughDodgykeeps will become famous soon enough

Just to echo everyone's comments, we had a great time and it was lovely meeting you all (and amazing my kids didn't wreck the place!!!) Hope we can do it again soon and maybe get even more people to meet up!
Old Dec 24th 2008, 2:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Soccer Ref
Where were YOU...... we missed you!!
I'm not a Brit, and figure it's nice for you to reconnect sans Yank every now and then.
Old Dec 24th 2008, 12:38 pm
Queen of my house

tamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kaffy Mintcake
I'm not a Brit, and figure it's nice for you to reconnect sans Yank every now and then.
All of the American spouses were there also (except Dogdykeeps....he and his wife are Brits). Everyone else was in a "mixed" relationship.
Old Dec 24th 2008, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

Dodgykeeps will become famous soon enoughDodgykeeps will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by tamms_1965
All of the American spouses were there also (except Dogdykeeps....he and his wife are Brits). Everyone else was in a "mixed" relationship.
Ah, unique at last!
Old Dec 24th 2008, 5:48 pm
Forum Regular

Skint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tamms_1965
I am a pig, my wife is a fox

(MERRY CHRISTMAS NKY/S.OH Brits and Spouses!)
Old Dec 31st 2008, 6:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone! I thought this might be the best way to reach folks in S. Ohio and N. Kentucky. We went to see Spamalot in downtown Cincinnati last night (musical based on Monty Python and the Holy Grail). It was fantastic! Very funny and everyone in our group enjoyed it - even my husband who is not typically a fan of the theater. Thought many from here might enjoy it in particular. Open until Sunday.
Old Jan 14th 2009, 6:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to all

Ah, sounds like you all had a great meet up last month! Sorry I couldn't make it. Didn't even know you were meeting because I didn't have internet connection for a while there. Oh well, hopefully I will be able to join in at the next meet up we arrange. Do you still have room in the group for one (or two with hubby) more?
Old Jan 14th 2009, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

mojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud of

I'm sure you both would be made very welcome indeed

I had a cracking time, I talked Dodgykeeps right ear off but apart from that there were no other injuries

Originally Posted by The_English_Bride
Ah, sounds like you all had a great meet up last month! Sorry I couldn't make it. Didn't even know you were meeting because I didn't have internet connection for a while there. Oh well, hopefully I will be able to join in at the next meet up we arrange. Do you still have room in the group for one (or two with hubby) more?
Old Jan 14th 2009, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

Do we want to start planning our next meet-up so we can clear the diaries and arrange child-watching if appropriate?
Maybe sometime in Feb? Maybe an evening in Cincy - meal and bevvies?
Or other suggestions welcome.....
Old Jan 14th 2009, 8:58 pm
Dizzy Blonde

clarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond repute

Count us in again - we both really enjoyed it last time

If we're talking a weekend night, we have 6 kids every other weekend which is a bit of a pain to sort out a babysitter for, but this weekend is our weekend with only two ..... ah poop, just let me know what date everyone comes up with and I'll see how many we have lol!
Old Jan 15th 2009, 12:48 am
Forum Regular

mojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud of

We have some 1/2 price voucher for Shadowbox @ Newport that expire at the end of Feb .......

Shadowbox

Just an idea ...
Old Jan 15th 2009, 8:31 pm
Queen of my house

tamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mojofilter
We have some 1/2 price voucher for Shadowbox @ Newport that expire at the end of Feb .......

Shadowbox

Just an idea ...
I haven't been in ages, but I love the Shadowbox.
Old Jan 18th 2009, 3:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Given the OH has now started taking night classes 4 days a week, the weekends are our only options for a Cincy meetup.

I'll keep checking here, though, to see whatever y'all decide. That Shadowbox place does look interesting.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.